View Poll Results: What best describes the way you utilize your Smartphone?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phone Calls,Messaging,Organizer,Entertainment

9 17.31%
  • Messaging,Phone Calls,Organizer,Entertainment

11 21.15%
  • Messaging,Organizer,Phone Calls,Entertainment

14 26.92%
  • Organizer,Messaging,Phone Calls,Entertainment

2 3.85%
  • Entertainment,Phone Calls,Messaging,Organizer

2 3.85%
  • One of the above but no / very limited Entertainment

4 7.69%
  • One of the above but no / very limited Phone Calls

3 5.77%
  • One of the above but no / very limited Messaging

1 1.92%
  • One of the above but no / very limited Organizer

6 11.54%
    Just to clarify:
    Phone calls-obvious
    Messaging-Emails,SMS,MMS,BBM...
    Organizer-Calendar,Tasks,Notes,GPS......
    Entertainment-Web browsing, Apps, Games,Music.....
    I'm sure there's a category or 2 I missed, so please feel free to add to this.
    07-08-10 08:44 AM
    First and foremost it is my sole phone, no land line, secondly and to me just as important its my source of mobile entertainment, ie, internet instant messaging, games, and music. Also i use it for work, even though they do not help with the bill, because i do not like to be tied down in my office all day. So having the bb helps that a lot.
    07-08-10 08:47 AM
    It's my only phone as well. Messaging has become more and more important to me here in the last year or 2. It's almost a tie b/w messaging and phone calls.
    07-08-10 09:12 AM
    Messaging,Organizer,Phone Calls,Entertainment

In that order for me....

Anything else I will use a PC or for media I use my tv
    07-08-10 09:59 AM
    Mine would go Messaging, Entertainment, Organized, Phone Calls.. So option 3 is the closest I think...
    07-08-10 10:34 AM
    Mine is phone, organizer, messaging and you can throw in a little entertainment but I use my laptop for that when I can.
    07-08-10 10:39 AM
  7. T
    I use it as a communication tool: phone, email (with push feature), instant messaging, sms, mms. I also like to check my poetry message board and a few other message boards using the browser. (I also get topic reply notifications from those boards, but that would be part of the email feature already mentioned.)
    07-08-10 11:01 AM
    Besides all of the above I use my BB as a portable WiFi music streaming box. I'm just too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on a dedicated unit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 11:02 AM
    definatly messaging first.... a few years ago it would have been much different.
    07-08-10 11:08 AM
    I chose Messaging, Phone Calls, Organizer, Entertainment. I agree with Yester18 on what he said regarding using a PC or TV

Edit:
    since new categories are added I would have to choose '' One of the above but no / very limited Organizer ''. I haven't used GPS nor Tasks ever
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 07-08-10 at 12:47 PM.
    07-08-10 11:22 AM
    If only there were a category for no / limited Entertainment I could have voted.

Oh wait!! Look, new categories
    07-08-10 11:28 AM
    I use it to it's fullest potential but I don't really use the GPS navigation that much. Everything else is pretty much a go.
    07-08-10 11:58 AM
    The order I use would be: messaging, phone, entertainment, very little organizer.

I rarely use GPS, since I really don't travel, nor do I have many appointments to keep track of.

I don't play games, but I do stream Slacker around 2-3 hrs/day.
    07-08-10 12:20 PM
    My wife and I both have BB's. We recently cancelled our landline so it's important that we have phones with long battery life, excellent phone call quality, be reliable, push email quickly and for messaging.

Our BB's meet all those requirements and more. We were able to save just about $40 a month by going with just BB's. Couldn't be happier.
    07-08-10 01:30 PM
    Messaging, music, phone, GPS, organizer (calendar) here. Like previous poster, I dropped my landline so my Tour is my only phone, and it definitely does what I need it to do!
    07-08-10 02:43 PM
    In order of importance:
    -Phone
    -GPS/Maps
    -MP3 player
    -"Techie stuff" (wifi hot-spot finer, cellular "field test mode", etc..)
    -Calculator, organizer, etc..
    -e-mail/messaging
    07-08-10 02:52 PM
    It's amazing how much messaging has come a long way for me. At first I never really got the concept, but like I said earlier, I use it almost as much as voice calls.
    07-08-10 03:00 PM
    Messaging/Entertainment/Organizer/Phone calls for me. Although that may change soon should I finally kill my house phone which I never use anyways lol Already have a google voice # just haven't messed with it yet.
    07-08-10 03:03 PM
    I love the speed. For example, throughout the day I scroll through Twitter and launch URLs in Opera in the background. Then when I have a few free minutes I gulp down articles. There is no other phone I could do this with, it would be too slow and cumbersome.

I also use the killer task management app ToDoMatrix, very quick to manage with the keyboard, I couldn't find the time if it was a touchscreen iPhone, Android etc.

I have all my music on it and listen to it while I work. I listen to podcasts with PodTrapper on my commute. Generally I consume lots of news on the BB.

Of course the phone always works, texting and email are super quick, as is posting on the web. UMA at home without a land line, and Skype to Go for overseas calls.

In general I use my home PC much less nowadays, mostly if I have to do some work from home.

07-08-10 03:10 PM
    Definitely for me it's messaging, organizer, phone calls, and entertainment. I surely text more and and chat on I'm clients the most. Organize my days the night edits work and while at work. And ten finally phone calls which usually takes hold with family. With work that happens while at work on my work phone. An finally check the news facebook/twitter post and you guessed it games on those slow days and boring moments.
    07-08-10 11:12 PM
    Mine is obviously the second one down haha
    07-08-10 11:14 PM
    Mine would have to be--
    Phone (no land line for past 10 years)
    Messaging
    GPS/Location services
    MP3 Player
    and a touch of mobile browsing
    07-08-10 11:20 PM
    Messaging, Organizer, Entertainment in that order. Rarely used for calls!
    07-08-10 11:24 PM
    My BB is my everything and I still use my laptop though. I dropped having a landline well over 8 years ago. That's when I dropped the dial-up connection too. I have my wireless internet with Big Red as well.
    07-08-10 11:27 PM
    Messaging, entertainment, phone, organizer and then GPS, which I do use, but very little.

07-09-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD