A bit off topic, but you guys are obviously pro writers and may know. Anyone know which device she used for her novel a couple of years ago?

http://www.businessinsider.com/fifty...ckberry-2015-2

Posted via CB10
    I believe it was the bold

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-25-15 04:45 PM
    OP you could probably write faster on the classic than the passport, but completely up to you!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:46 PM
    Q10 only if you get one without the double typing problem, a stuttering keyboard for a writer would be absolute hell. I went to the Passport and you would definitely love the wide screen for typing and reviewing.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:50 PM
    I believe it was the bold

Posted via CB10
    TYVM!

Posted via CB10
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-25-15 05:00 PM
    I recommend you go for the BlackBerry Toddler and then move up as you get better.
    03-25-15 05:07 PM
    I own a Passport but I would still suggest the Classic for typing enthusiast like you. My Passport is great and ideal for me but on the Classic I notice I type even faster. But why even type when you have BB Assistant that can type out your entire thought for you.
    03-25-15 05:20 PM
    Depending on your location, and on the assumption that 'beginner' means 'less expensive,' I'd recommend a Q5 or a Q10. The Q5 is bulletproof, and is under $100 in Canada right now. I'm not sure about the price elsewhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Where can I buy a (new or used?) Q5 in Canada for $99...

Can you provide me with a link? I'm chasing a red one! Thanks. :-D

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-25-15 05:42 PM
    Wow, great responses! I actually write novels and do a lot on the go. I can type on a keyboard really quickly and accurately, but these on screen keyboards slow me down completely. I also like to write with proper punctuation etc!
    Another question, I love my android wear watch and use it for notifications. Is there a watch that goes with blackberry?
    03-25-15 06:01 PM
    Wow, great responses! I actually write novels and do a lot on the go. I can type on a keyboard really quickly and accurately, but these on screen keyboards slow me down completely. I also like to write with proper punctuation etc!
    Another question, I love my android wear watch and use it for notifications. Is there a watch that goes with blackberry?
    All of the BlackBerry keyboards are pretty easy to do punctuation with. The Passport is a little different but can be just as quick (swipe down on the keyboard and then type the letter that corresponds to the onscreen prompt).

I don't follow watches, but I believe that the Pebble works with BlackBerries.

From a Classic
    03-25-15 06:12 PM
    If you're looking for a cheap phone just to try I'd look at the Q10. You can grab one for 100.

Otherwise I'd say try the Classic.

Posted via my gorgeous Red Passport
    "Cheap Phone"...and to think of it, i bought it for about 750 USD back in 2013 when it was released. Such are the times ;-)

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-25-15 08:05 PM
    Yeah a Classic as a lot of others over here have suggested. It is indeed a communications powerhouse.

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    03-25-15 08:09 PM
    Where can I buy a (new or used?) Q5 in Canada for $99...

Can you provide me with a link? I'm chasing a red one! Thanks. :-D

•   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   •
    Sorry for the slow response. I was working, shopping, etc.

TELUS BlackBerry Q5 Smartphone - Black - Prepaid : BlackBerry Q5 - Best Buy Canada
    03-25-15 08:12 PM
37 12