OK now that we know it's happening, either as a complete transition or parallel OS offerings, lets salvage what can be salvaged in their venture into Android and what BlackBerry needs to do if they want to convince me and probably a lot others to buy a Venice slider.

Easy way:
    1. Make a BB10 version of it

Hard way to be deployed in Android:
    1. BB10 text input: the best predictive text input on the market bar none. You used it no need to go into detail
    2. Ability to detect multiple languages while you are typing
    3. Ability to change the keyboard language while typing
    4. Hardware Keyboard shortcuts and speed dial in app and from the home screen
    5. Advanced Interaction
    6. Blend
    7. BB10 Unified File Manager: no need to jump to OneDrive or Dropbox apps
    8. BB10 Calendar: the best out of the box calendar, even third party calendars such as Sunrise or Outlook lack features and flexibility of BB10 counterpart
    9. Remember or a way to sync your remember notes and tasks to Android
    10. Notes and Tasks that talk to the calendar and contacts
    11. BB10 like smart share that remembers from where to whom are you sharing the most with
    12. HUB: the most obvious one

Im sure I missed many of your favorite features so fell free to add to the list

Something we might not get at all because its Android: customizable app permission (yes for some reason your notes app will want access to your location and calls log), legally forced to use and set Google apps as the default from the box no way around it, many security features currently present on BB10, in depth sound notifications for apps and probably a lot more.

What we gain is app selection and more importantly Google Play app selection. But another thing we will gain with Android apps is poor app experience, they are flimsy you dont have that solid feeling like you do have in iOS or WP or BB10 when interacting with the app, motion doesnt track your finger right, too much content and navigation is placed on the top instead of the bottom which doesnt make any sense and I dont know how phablet people are OK with this. App selection might be great but once you start using them you then experience how weak Android really is. Fragmented, fragile, unoptimized with lots of feather light eyecandy animations and nave colors. Very poor experience with rich third party content. Oh and its Java based in 2015.

What probably not to expect: UX emulation of BB10, reskining, low level customization and feature implementations, defaulting to Blackberry apps, etc
    07-04-15 07:51 AM
    Good idea! They should do this and also make is exclusive to BlackBerry android phones... if it happens

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:17 AM
    Good pints sir!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think on android M you will have the control over app permissions.

I love BB 10 but to try out an android BlackBerry I need the hub, the BlackBerry VKB and control over app permissions.

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    07-04-15 09:38 AM
    Just simply make it a BlackBerry 10 phone and I'd be willing to use it.

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    07-04-15 10:15 AM
    Interesting thread. Maybe Hub, but not sure about what else.
    07-04-15 11:04 AM
    As long as it says android I won't touch it.
    07-04-15 12:06 PM
    .... Fragmented, fragile, unoptimized with lots of feather light eyecandy animations and nave colors. Very poor experience with rich third party content. Oh and its Java based in 2015.
    And don't forget the bars at the top or the bottom of the apps where the inevitable ads are being displayed and sucking your bandwidth...

My wife "enjoyed" Android for too long now, the Moto is sitting there now, decommissioned, and the Leap has taken over...
    :-D

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    07-04-15 07:47 PM