Everyone seems to be talking about it and I don't have a clue what it is.
    From what I have seen, every phone has its own Pin and now a barcode that you can send and the other BB will be able to tell you the pin or something.

I just got my first BB last week and love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:02 PM
    It's under the back near the bottom on my Jav. I think each BlackBerry, and for sure the new ones have it. One can use it to add someone to the new 5.0 bbm among other uses..

07-20-09 07:19 PM
    The barcode is not physically on the phone. BBM 5 will generate a barcode that you can send to others, post on the web, etc.
    07-20-09 07:22 PM
    One of the features of the leaked BlackBerry Messenger v5, is the ability to share you PIN number in a coded square, similar to a barcode.

They look like a square, black and white, field of static... with a few squares in the corner.

The camera reads them.
    07-20-09 07:23 PM
    Oh so its a way to share your pin by just a picture. People seem to be really excited about it.

Is there anything else it can do, or is it a way share pin securly, without numbers.

07-20-09 07:28 PM
    You still get the users PIN in BBM when you add them so it's not really hiding the PIN. Just an easier way for people to add contacts. The barcode generated by BBM only has the PIN but there are QR code generaters that will let you create a QR code with more info. You can even make one that is a link to a site and when you scan it in, it opens the browser and goes to the site.
    07-20-09 07:40 PM
    When you add the new 5.0 BlackBerry messenger, you will be able to see, copy and use your device's bar code by opening bbm, pressing the menu key and selecting edit my info. Your barcode will be near the bottom of the edit page.

07-20-09 07:41 PM
    This thread has some examples. The first 2 are links to crackberry.com and forums.crackberry.com.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bbm-...-offer-272887/
    07-20-09 07:42 PM
    The barcode is not physically on the phone. BBM 5 will generate a barcode that you can send to others, post on the web, etc.
    Actually I do have a sticker with my device's bar code under my 8900's back cover. You can see it near the bottom of this picture of my blackberry's
    back.

07-20-09 08:04 PM
    I wonder if it is the same as the one generated by BBM. Everytime I go to add contact->show your invitation barcode.... the barcode is different. It contains the same info but the code is different each time.
    07-20-09 08:08 PM
    Each time I go to edit my info, the code is different as well.
    07-20-09 08:09 PM
    I didn't even notice if the code was a duplicate, but I'm sure the code one's device generates is one that would work, when you click What's This, it says it is a barcode for someone to use to add you.
    The one actually under my back cover says Javalin on top! and the numbers at the bottom are not my pin. Interesting. Has anyone used a barcode to add someone.

07-20-09 08:49 PM
    I've added a few people using the barcode they posted here. My bold has 2 barcodes under the battery but no QR code.
    07-20-09 08:56 PM
    Actually I do have a sticker with my device's bar code under my 8900's back cover. You can see it near the bottom of this picture of my blackberry's
    back.

I Believe Thats NOT A Quick Respond Code (QR Code) That's More Of A DataMatrix
    07-20-09 09:05 PM
    I don't get it yet. So bbm generates the barcode of my phone and I send it mms to someone. What do they do with it then? I used to have the send the PIN and I entered that in their Contact page.
    07-20-09 09:09 PM
    With The NEW BlackBerry Messenger 5.0

You Have The Ability To SHOW The Barcode Which Contains Your PIN Information.......

Someone SCANS The Barcode................

And The Contact Goes Into The BB Messenger
    07-20-09 09:38 PM
    look at my avatar, in bbm 5 you can scan this pic and it will automaticly sent me the request to add as a contact. dont have to put in the pin
    07-21-09 01:10 AM
    I don't get it yet. So bbm generates the barcode of my phone and I send it mms to someone. What do they do with it then? I used to have the send the PIN and I entered that in their Contact page.
    you can post you code image like my avatar for ease of adding scan it if you have the new BBm
    07-21-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD