I can not fathom having a use for this many fart apps unless I want to amuse some children. Guess the rumor is true, the ipad is a toy first and sometimes practical. Check out the pics. This is funny how people always say about the apps being superior but I now know I can omit almost 1000 (852+) apps that are strictly fart apps. Glad I have blackberry to put out valuable useful applications and will get better with bb10. Keep it up Blackberry. Good job!
    06-04-12 09:51 PM
    06-04-12 09:58 PM
    Oh you're about to cop a hammering!
    06-04-12 09:58 PM
    need to let it go man.

The point is with the iPod and apps, whether or not there are millions of really ty apps and good apps,

Is the fact that there are millions of them.

It gives the users choice. they can think of the dumbest apps they want, and sure enough, there they are.

They also have some very good quality apps that are unheard of anywhere else.

I'm a playbook fan. I have one, I have Blackberries too. But you cannot deny that apple has something there nobody else can seem to rival.
    06-04-12 09:59 PM
    Yes VALUABLE USEFUL APPLICATIONS right here for you

06-04-12 09:59 PM
    A good percentage are garbage, but the same can be said about the Playbook. Still, there are a lot of great apps for the iPad, and if there is an app, you can be sure to find it on the iPad. It's naive to think that Blackberry puts out only valuable and useful applications.
    Yaceka likes this.
    06-04-12 10:02 PM
    Every platform has the same problems, there is crap in all app stores. There are also terrific apps in all appstores also. THOSE are what people brag about. From music and video editing on the fly to remote desktop and office suites. these are what makes the platforms fantastic
    06-04-12 10:05 PM
    fart apps can be useful. even in business. just sayin.
    06-04-12 10:07 PM
    The main point was the number. That is a little overkill. Yes I am aware blackberry has them as well but I would think after 30 or 40 apple would start turning some of them away. Just makes it seem like they load anything in there just to skew the numbers.
    06-04-12 10:09 PM
    RIM does the same thing with their numbers. Look how any "ebooks" are in the app count. Again all platforms have skewed numbers.
    06-04-12 10:11 PM
    The main point was the number. That is a little overkill. Yes I am aware blackberry has them as well but I would think after 30 or 40 apple would start turning some of them away. Just makes it seem like they load anything in there just to skew the numbers.
    Agreed. There are useful apps but the number people use/need is much more finite than some will admit. Having a large number of apps is good but its also a marketing tool since it plays to our imagination. They should do a study and have millions of user opt-in to see how many and what apps the average consumer uses each day. That would likely expose the fallacy of how important apps are.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-04-12 10:19 PM
    "Apps" are highly overrated.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    06-04-12 10:20 PM
    I'm jealous of some apps. I'm not gonna lie.
    06-04-12 10:27 PM
    "Apps" are highly overrated.

you're right!! apps are overrated. im waiting for the day i can find an app that i can't live without.
    06-04-12 11:20 PM

Really? This again?
    06-05-12 12:00 AM
    The power of a free market.
    Like an app, use it.
    Don't like it, don't use it.
    The point is that you have a choice.
    06-05-12 12:34 AM
    Count the number of ebooks disguised as apps in the App World. I'd say it's in thousands.
    06-05-12 01:09 AM
    Is the fact that there are millions of them.

Wow. "Millions"? You mean all platforms combined I guess?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 02:01 AM
    Yep, it's just Fart apps on the store, you nailed it.
    06-05-12 06:12 AM
    Completely agree..

Now, I'm off to read some adult content apps on my PlayBook.
    06-05-12 06:52 AM
    As long as they don't come out with a fart app that smells.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-05-12 07:01 AM
    Never mind the fart apps, check the number of weather apps.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-05-12 07:05 AM
    iOS is king with the selection of apps no one, not even Android can match. But... ask yourself, what are the purposes behind the apps you dl? And do the other platforms offer the same or comparable alternatives? The answer is mostly, yes!

All of them have social apps, weather apps, voice dictation apps, map apps, navigation apps, messaging apps, photography apps, and the underrated data sharing apps. iOS has the most in choices for the major function apps, but believe it or not, might actually be the weakest when it comes to free data sharing apps.

Android has PDA.Net and can easily share data with other mobile devices for free. It also has other apps like Tether.com. Blackberry has Tether.com for laptops and for the Playbook tablet, the Bridge app. iPhone? iPhone 4 jailbroken has MyWi app which is good, but the latest iPhone 4S still doesn't have a jailbreak to allow free data sharing yet? The iPhone/iPad cannot be paired through anything like Bridge app.

Everyone can run Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Weather Channel, Google maps, Whats App, etc. But iPhone might actually be the weakest in a very useful function- FREE DATA SHARING APPS!!!

Iphone is the best for gaming on phones, but doesn't compare to a 3DS or a PS Vita, or even a 1989 monochrome color screen Game Boy that has you know, buttons!!! So gaming on a mobile phone is sort of like being the best looking nun in the convent. Well to be fair I liked Angry Birds, Logo Quiz, Plants vs. Zombies, and the Spider-Man game, but overall, mobile games on phones/tablets are nowhere near as good as gaming on portable gaming devices on the whole...
    06-05-12 08:00 AM
    It's not just quantity. iPhone apps from the same oem tend to be significantly slicker and more refined than their Android/BB counterparts. Developers who code for multiple platforms are ignoring BB in droves. As much as I hate to admit it, iOS nailed it.
    06-05-12 09:06 AM
    You must not have heard of WiiMote. Connects to your phone via blue tooth. Bam! Buttons! Snes, genesis, gbc, gba, nes, you name it.
    06-05-12 11:20 AM
218 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD