It should be because of a sign for a currency you used in your other post.
    Somewhere in the first few lines just before the number "1600".

Delete the sign, write it out, and the formatting should be ok again.

The CB10 app is very limited considering the number of supported characters.

PS:
    I bought my Retina 13 after the issues were resolved.
    Great product and my second Retina now.
    I "downgraded" from the Retina 15 and couldn't be happier with a Notebook.

I just can't stand iOS though... I would much rather prefer a tablet with MacOS.

Posted via CB10
    Wow - thanks for the formatting tip! Worked well!

And I second having maverick on the ipad - I have my eye on an AIR. As to the MBPr - I'm looking to buy a 15 inch or the dell xps15 haswell... decisions!

Thanks for the assist ;-)

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-22-13 06:59 PM
    Here's the truth and nothing but the truth.....my z10 is fabulous. Sure had a couple of random reboots back in March and April. Since 10.2 leaks this phone is great. Battery last 12 to 15 hours with email, bbm, text, web browsing etc. Love the black theme, file manager is wonderful, Z10 has all the apps I need or want. Only issue I have with Q10 is I can't download leaks due to IT policy at work.
    11-22-13 07:09 PM
    As to the MBPr - I'm looking to buy a 15 inch or the dell xps15 haswell... decisions!
    Suggestion: The MacBook Pro can run Mavericks and Windows at the same time. Best of both worlds!
    11-22-13 07:19 PM
    Wow - thanks for the formatting tip! Worked well!

And I second having maverick on the ipad - I have my eye on an AIR. As to the MBPr - I'm looking to buy a 15 inch or the dell xps15 haswell... decisions!

Thanks for the assist ;-)

Posted via CB10
    No problem!
    It occured a number of times when I wrote some posts and it took me a little while to find the culprit.
    Everything more complex than the standard characters, will kill your formatting...

I know this is a little of topic, but the XPS and the 15 inch Retina are both REALLY expensive in the configuration I would take them.

I came to the conclusion that for my usage, a smaller Notebook is preferable because of portability, cost and that the number crunching happens on my desktop anyway.
    The Retina 15 I would want, costs 2600$. That's one Retina 13 and one Desktop.

If you can settle with an Air (and personally I just can't, coming from a Retina Display), then you can buy an Air, a Desktop and a tablet for the price of the Retina or the XPS 15 with the dedicated GPU.

Of course your usage will differ from mine, but these were my reasons not to go with a 15 incher again.

Here's the truth and nothing but the truth.....my z10 is fabulous. Sure had a couple of random reboots back in March and April. Since 10.2 leaks this phone is great. Battery last 12 to 15 hours with email, bbm, text, web browsing etc. Love the black theme, file manager is wonderful, Z10 has all the apps I need or want. Only issue I have with Q10 is I can't download leaks due to IT policy at work.
    My battery hasn't really gotten any better with 10.2, but the overall capabilities surely increased.
    In other words, it's still atrocious

I would absolutely love an option to have a black theme EVERYWHERE on my phone.
    I just prefer it vastly over white.
    That's also a reason why I am not pleased with the new Android version named KitKat.
    Google did away with the awesome black

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-23-13 at 11:13 AM.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-22-13 07:20 PM
    Simple answer. All technology is based off quantum physics. If 100000 z10s are on the same manufacturing line there is a chance one or more may malfunction so there are bugs that someone else's phone may have and yours doesn't. Some people had reboots and my old z10 didn't...does this mean our experience should be the same ?
    11-22-13 07:43 PM
    No problem!
    It occured a number of times when I wrote some posts and it took me a little while to find the culprit.
    Everything more complex than the standard characters, will kill your formatting...

I know this is a little of topic, but the XPS and the 15 inch Retina are both REALLY expensive in the configuration I would take them.

I came to the conclusion that for my usage, a smaller Notebook is preferable because of portability, cost and that the number crunching happens on my desktop anyway.
    The Retina 15 I would want, costs 2600$. That's one Retina 13 and one Desktop.

If you can settle with an Air (and personally I just can't, coming from a Retina Display), then you can buy an Air, a Desktop and a tablet for the price of the Retina or the XPS 15 with the dedicated GPU.

Of course your usage will differ from mine, but these were my reasons not to go with a 15 incher again.

My battery hasn't really gotten any better with 10.2, but the overall capabilities surely increased.
    In other words, it's still atrocious

I would absolutely love an option to have a black theme EVERYWHERE on my phone.
    I just prefer it vastly over white.
    That's also a reason why I am note pleased with the new Android version named KitKat.
    Google did away with the awesome black

Posted via CB10
    Agreed - would love to see a black theme throughout the os; it really looks good on the Q10 and I'd love to be able to black out the Z30 so that it looks like the black monolith from 2001!

And sorry for going off track but.. I have a haswell i7/nvidea780 super beast at one of my residences. I'm between a number of countries (depending on the weather - old bones) and want a powerful machine for skyrim lol. I don't work, there are chaps for that. But I do find that I want something with grunt and not too heavy. Though you're right, I could conceivably get an mbair and the ipad for the price (round 2300 GBP for my config - like the xps as I can slap in I'm own ram/ssd/msata)..

Which is why I like the blackberry - file manager et al, it is like a mini computer. When it works ;-)

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-23-13 03:23 AM
    How is it possible that some have extremely bad experience with their BB10 phones and some don't. How is that possible at all. My Z10 is not perfect but I do not have any serious sort of problems reported by others. My apps are working, phone maybe crashed 3 - 4 times since I own it and I am heavy user. I use this blackberry a lot. I can say that I almost sleep with the phone. I have many unofficial sideloaded apps
    I even have unofficial unlocked android runtime installed. So why is it that others have their phones crashing, apps not working etc and I do not experience the same problem. Is it possible that we have e users here who do not own blackberry at all and they just write those post to scar off potential buyers? These are the ssame phones. They all should work the same

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Have you ever noticed people that drive the same cars as others crash them while some don't?...Some cars have dents...some don't... do you wonder why?...(sarcasm)...Actually I think you have a valid question but maybe you need to re-word it...
    11-23-13 03:27 AM
    Have you ever noticed people that drive the same cars as others crash them while some don't?...Some cars have dents...some don't... do you wonder why?...(sarcasm)...Actually I think you have a valid question but maybe you need to re-word it...
    Good point ;-)

It's interesting that a couple of threads have popped up regarding the idea that people lie about the failures of their devices.

My Z10 was a pup when purchased. The 10.1 update changed it into something rather nice, bar the lack of certain legacy features - the battery life was, and post 10.2; is middling.

Each device has its own probability for failure - quantum mechanics and all that - and those that have spent hard earned money will complain (apart from those that seemingly are ok with compromise and bugs and such because... well I don't know..).

Life isn't perfect nor can our artifacts be.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 03:32 AM
    You are getting a discount! My first cellphone weighed 45 lbs and cost $2,000. Speaking on it cost $2 per minute, incoming or outgoing...It was a chore to disconnect it from the car and a drag to lug it to the jobsite.
    I'd rather the company spent their time and money on getting things right BEFORE release - at least to 95%. I'm no one's beta tester. I don't see why we should be? What - if BlackBerry offers a discount on their hardware, well sure. Otherwise quit the lazy tack and get it shipped out right ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 03:33 AM
    You are getting a discount! My first cellphone weighed 45 lbs and cost $2,000. Speaking on it cost $2 per minute, incoming or outgoing...It was a chore to disconnect it from the car and a drag to lug it to the jobsite.
    No that's market forces and conflation of asset value. We're not in the late 80's.

And I LOVE my Panasonic P1. That was a cherished brick! One hour battery life, don't you know! Ten minutes of real conversation!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 03:37 AM
    No that's market forces and conflation of asset value. We're not in the late 80's.

And I LOVE my Panasonic P1. That was a cherished brick! One hour battery life, don't you know! Ten minutes of real conversation!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    I feel old now lol.

Sorry for the digression ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 03:38 AM
    6:50 am to 11:00 pm....a full 16 hours on one charge...and that gets u down to 40%!?!

No offense, but how lol? Is your mobile data turned off and just your wifi is left on. I start school at 11 and on the best of days I have to swap batteries by 4:30 and the only thing I'm doing is surfing the web. No games, or watching movies or anything that would drain the battery like that. It's like, people who get that much battery barely use their phone cause you're claiming u get a full 10 Hours of battery life more than I do lol.

U get 3 to 4 hours of battery life in a single charge more than me using 2 batteries lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing that we're talking about the Z10 here. When I had mine, I needed 3 batteries to get through the day. I would get 6 hours...8 hours AT THE MAX with me barely using the phone with one battery. I don't get how people report amazing battery life with the Z10 without blatantly lying. Going by my own experience and by what the trustworthy and nonbiased people here on the forums say (trust me...I can tell) along with written reviews, the battery life is a big negative on the Z10.
    Attached Thumbnails What am I Missing Here?-img_00001100.png   What am I Missing Here?-img_00001101.png  
    Rello likes this.
    11-23-13 04:53 AM
    some people have trouble tying their shoes

Posted via CB10
    And blame there shoes

Posted from my Z10 (very smart phone)
    11-23-13 05:05 AM
    I'm happy for ya but I still don't see how lol. People have the same device and are getting drastically different battery life. Lol I just don't see how ya'll get that much lol. It would literally take me 3,mayb even 4 batteries to get the battery life u get out of 1 battery

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 11:00 AM
    I'm happy for ya but I still don't see how lol. People have the same device and are getting drastically different battery life. Lol I just don't see how ya'll get that much lol. It would literally take me 3,mayb even 4 batteries to get the battery life u get out of 1 battery

Posted via CB10
    Oh totally.
    I am COMPLETELY in the same boat as you here.
    I need 2 batteries for one business day.

To get the same battery life as Reubechs I would need 3 batteries.

When looking at what the Note 3 of a coworker achieves, I would need 4-5 batteries for my Z10.
    It really is impressive how the mileage can vary so much.

Posted via CB10
    Rello and ajst222 like this.
    11-23-13 11:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you the exact same distance from a cell tower as the person you're comparing to? Have the exact same wifi signal? Use it in the exact same way? If the asnwer is no, how would you expect to get the exact same battery life? Too many variables involved that directly affect battery life. Maybe two people send and receive the same amount of messages, but one is checking his phone every 2 minutes and the other checks it every 10. The way each person uses their phone combined with the conditions they are operating under will cause differing levels of battery life. The only true test would be to use someone's phone that gets poor battery life alongside one that gets good battery life and do the exact same tasks on each. Otherwise, it isn't really a valid comparison.
    11-23-13 03:53 PM
    You're correct but that's still a HUGE difference in battery life we are seeing lol.

I don't get LTE on my local carrier, I have my screen brightness set to the lowest level possible, NFC off, blue tooth off, wifi off unless I'm at school or home, barely play games or do anything extensive to deplete my battery. All I do is check Facebook, browse the web, or listen to music so I would think I'm a moderate user.

U are still correct in u gotta test the devices side by side to re get a accurate conclusion but when people say the go over 24 hours yet me and me any other get 6 hours on 1 charge, that's way too much variability lol. There is just no way a power user gets that much life out of a Z10. I'm not calling no one a liar, I'm just merely saying it's hard to believe lol

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-23-13 08:20 PM
    You're correct but that's still a HUGE difference in battery life we are seeing lol.

I don't get LTE on my local carrier, I have my screen brightness set to the lowest level possible, NFC off, blue tooth off, wifi off unless I'm at school or home, barely play games or do anything extensive to deplete my battery. All I do is check Facebook, browse the web, or listen to music so I would think I'm a moderate user.

U are still correct in u gotta test the devices side by side to re get a accurate conclusion but when people say the go over 24 hours yet me and me any other get 6 hours on 1 charge, that's way too much variability lol. There is just no way a power user gets that much life out of a Z10. I'm not calling no one a liar, I'm just merely saying it's hard to believe lol

Posted via CB10
    Which reminds me yet again of the Bold 9900.
    I have seen battery graphs going over 48 hours in here, with one single charge.
    But I have NEVER seen a friend/co-worker achieving that kind of battery life.

I would say the exact same thing: for a power user to get more than 6 hours of the Z10, is very impressive because it doesn't correlate in any way with what I have experienced and seen

I don't have LTE anymore, because I don't need the speed (and my carrier lets me pay more for it).
    I don't use Bluetooth, unless I send some files, no NFC, but I have my brightness at about 40% and Wifi constantly on, either at home or at work.

When I get 6 hours out of my Z10, I consider myself lucky...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 08:44 PM
    Are you the exact same distance from a cell tower as the person you're comparing to? Have the exact same wifi signal? Use it in the exact same way? If the asnwer is no, how would you expect to get the exact same battery life? Too many variables involved that directly affect battery life. Maybe two people send and receive the same amount of messages, but one is checking his phone every 2 minutes and the other checks it every 10. The way each person uses their phone combined with the conditions they are operating under will cause differing levels of battery life. The only true test would be to use someone's phone that gets poor battery life alongside one that gets good battery life and do the exact same tasks on each. Otherwise, it isn't really a valid comparison.
    I believe we've had people posting that they've owned multiple devices and/or gotten replacements and had exactly the same results, and been called liars if they had great battery life and trolls for having poor results. But that right there is support for your theory, which by the way I agree with completely.

Posted from CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-24-13 03:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    My thought is this: good battery life is contingent upon your usage patterns keeping the battery cool. Most of the time I'm in a good signal area if I'm not on WiFi, and when I'm on carrier network I'm also not doing anything but messaging plus notes and maps with the occasional Candy Crush round. Not intentionally to save battery, I just don't have time to do anything other than messages. So basically I'm sending and receiving without letting the device heat up. But to show sometimes I don't get the greatest runs, I went half a day without touching my Z10, and then 45 minutes of surfing CB on Verizon LTE while our daughter is in ballet class. On average I don't plan on charging during the day, but it does happen, not gonna lie about it.

What am I Missing Here?-img_00001108.png
    What am I Missing Here?-img_00001109.png
    What am I Missing Here?-img_00001110.png
    What am I Missing Here?-img_00001111.png
    What am I Missing Here?-img_00001112.png
    What am I Missing Here?-img_00001113.png

Posted from CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-24-13 03:39 PM
120 ... 345