Hi,

I have just received my new SIMM free BB Torch and I am wanting to save all my pictures to my micro sd card.

Also my O2 SIMM has a list of phone numbers I no longer wish to keep and want to replace with my existing contacts on my phone.

I have looked online and on here but just can't find on the way to do it.

I have got a BB 8900 and want the contacts on phone to replace old ones on my SIMM and make sure everything else media wise is on my micro sd.

I am sure it must be very simple but just can't fathom it out!

Any help much appreciated
    11-24-10 04:20 PM
    I am sorry that I wont be able to offer you specific help but I am sure that someone in the rest of the community will be able to give you step by step instructions.

on my curve, I have only found that i have to transfer each number seperately from phone to sim, however once the numbers are on the sim running the phone setup wizard asked me if I wanted to import the contacts from my simcard. I assume that there is a similar feature in your phone.

first you should clear out the simcards contact memory. Again I am using the curve, so my information may or may not be 100% accurate. If you go into the phonebook/contacts list and press the menu button. there may be an option to use/view your sim phonebook. this should filter your contacts to show only the ones that are on your simcard. if there is no select all function in your menu at that point you should be able to delete them all individually. do that, then return to your contact list stored on your phone. With my phone I have to do each one seperately so you might have to do something similar. when you select a contact, use the menu to locate an option that says something like "copy contact to sim" repeat as necessary.

as for the SD card. that should be easier If your images are stored on your phone, then all you have to do is select the files you wish to move and find the menu option that says "move" again my phone does not have a select all feature so I would be required to do each one at a time. IF you are able to view your files through your computer's default file browser when you connect it then you may be able to do this easier. either way you have to move the files from your device storage to your media card.

I hope I was even remotely helpful though i have little knowledge of your phone model. hopefully the next person to read this will be able to either give you step by step detailed instructions or correct something that I have screwed up. there is also a forum search feature I am sure you have already used. but who knows someone might have posted the same thing and recieved a response. if only because they posted it in their specific phone board.

Good luck
    11-24-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD