I've got a 9530 on Verizon, and no matter what I do I can't get a GPS lock withe BBMaps or AmazeGPS. I've enabled and disabled and re-enabled GPS in the options menu. Am I doing something else wrong?
    08-11-09 09:35 AM
    Are you outside?

I have found that my device cant get a GPS lock inside at all. When I am outside, it finds GPS signal very easily.
    08-11-09 09:40 AM
    Are you outside?

I have found that my device cant get a GPS lock inside at all. When I am outside, it finds GPS signal very easily.
    Tried it outside last night when I took my dog for a walk. Same thing. Kinda frustrating.
    08-11-09 09:58 AM
    I've got a 9530 on Verizon, and no matter what I do I can't get a GPS lock withe BBMaps or AmazeGPS. I've enabled and disabled and re-enabled GPS in the options menu. Am I doing something else wrong?

Your saying your enabling and disabling it.. Did you also set the GPS Service to "Location On" and not 911 only.????
    08-11-09 10:01 AM
    Your saying your enabling and disabling it.. Did you also set the GPS Service to "Location On" and not 911 only.????

Yeah thats what I meant by enabling it.
    08-11-09 11:47 AM
    Download google maps and see if you can get a lock on your location....and did you download the right version of amaze gps? The one for verizon phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:11 PM
    I've tried Google Maps and its just using tower data. It was abour a half mile off.
    08-11-09 01:52 PM
    Tried it and it definitely worked for me outside. Sometimes when I'm in Midtown Manhattan, I don't get an accurate read on my location.. (hundreds of meters off). It's not perfect, but when it works it's on point.
    08-11-09 05:48 PM
    I updated to 151 and it all started working beautifully. I'm getting locks from 10 sats even indoors! Thanks for the suggestions.
    08-11-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD