I saved $2000 in two months for my computer!!
    I can make $1,000 a month by making websites (without going to school)
    so i think by what you said i am not to young to have a blackberry
    i save my allowance every month to pay for my cell bill which is $50 per month with texting and data; thats for my line of the family plan. im 12 and i am able to save that, so are you saying that i am to young to own and have a BB?
    07-10-08 02:33 PM
    who cares how im typing it, its not a report and its what the writing says not how it looks.
    That's the problem. Some of us refuse to read things over and over to understand what message is trying to be conveyed. This is why you take English class......to learn how to properly express what you mean without causing the audience to start/stop over and over again.

So again, you show us how the younger generation has become lazy. Screw punctuation, screw proper sentence structure, and screw proper grammar. It may go over fine on message boards and online communities where the average age of the population is 13, but I don't expect anyone here should have to 'dumb down' when reading a post.

Now i'm not saying i'm perfect when it comes to writing, but at least you can understand it the first time around.
    07-10-08 02:34 PM
    i save my allowance every month to pay for my cell bill which is $50 per month with texting and data; thats for my line of the family plan. im 12 and i am able to save that, so are you saying that i am to young to own and have a BB?
    I don't know about him, but regardless of how much you can save, a parent should not allow their 12 y/o child to pay $50/mth in cell phone usage.
    07-10-08 02:36 PM
    oh no i was responding to that other person.....and you can pay for it so i think your old enough
    07-10-08 02:36 PM
    That's the problem. Some of us refuse to read things over and over to understand what message is trying to be conveyed. This is why you take English class......to learn how to properly express what you mean without causing the audience to start/stop over and over again.

So again, you show us how the younger generation has become lazy. Screw punctuation, screw proper sentence structure, and screw proper grammar. It may go over fine on message boards and online communities where the average age of the population is 13, but I don't expect anyone here should have to 'dumb down' when reading a post.

Now i'm not saying i'm perfect when it comes to writing, but at least you can understand it the first time around.

when I want to write like this I can, but I choose not to because i have a crappy keyboard that is 10 years old until i get a new one this weekend.
    07-10-08 02:37 PM
    biking to a friends house is crazy when you live wheres i live. each way is like 10-20 miles and thats on the bike path that goes straight to the persons house.
    Meet half way.
    07-10-08 02:37 PM

Lol I so believe that........ I do catch myself putting txt language into reports on accident, but I use proper grammer when I need to. I almost died when I read an article in Scientific America about how english teachers may end up teaching TXT lauguage eventually. What about screwing proper capitilazation?

By the way I HAVE AN ENGLISH TEACHER WHO USES txt language in emails to students
    07-10-08 02:39 PM
    We helped develop that technology. What's your claim to fame?
    I don't know yet im only 14.
    07-10-08 02:40 PM
    So you are saying that your Parents pay your Part of the Phone Bill
    Meet half way.
    then what are we gonna do? you cant do much in the middle of a 120 mile bike path that goes all the way to duluth and used to be a railway.
    Wow, how did this turn into an argument? I'm just going to leave my opinion, then back out slowly...

I agree with Rose up there ^ about one being old enough when one can save up the money on one's own (Whoo, that's a lot of "one"s).

Anyway, if she doesn't have internet capabilities, then you don't have much to worry about except for her showboating that berry around. Without the data plan, and a microSD card, the Pearl's just another phone, really. (Albeit, a bit sexier =)
    07-10-08 02:41 PM
    So you are saying that your Parents pay your Part of the Phone Bill
    I pay for my line that's on our family plan.
    07-10-08 02:42 PM
    then what are we gonna do? you cant do much in the middle of a 120 mile bike path that goes all the way to duluth and used to be a railway.

Try using your imagination. Get a few people together and play football.

Are kids really that lost these days they don't know what to do unless they have some sort of technology in front of them to entertain them?

See these sports stars today? You think they became that way by sitting in front of a computer browsing myspace?
    07-10-08 02:42 PM
    I pay for my line that's on our family plan.
    I'm sorry I'm just trying to understand ,,, I figured your Parents give you an Allowance
    07-10-08 02:44 PM

Are kids really that lost these days they don't know what to do unless they have some sort of technology in front of them to entertain them?

See these sports stars today? You think they became that way by sitting in front of a computer browsing myspace?
    its a long narrow road thats used for bikes and walking its not a field where you can play football. anyway i dont like football.
    07-10-08 02:45 PM
    I'm sorry I'm just trying to understand ,,, I figured your Parents give you an Allowance
    they give me an allowance that i earn by doing chores cause im to young to get a real job otherwise i would have no money and they would have to pay for everything.
    07-10-08 02:46 PM

so what are the ones who HATE sports going to do?
    I've never been athletic, I'm more of the academic and technology type, but I am still one of the largest kids in my class (in muscle, and height, not fat)
    I also have no cordination, I can type 90+ words per minute but can't catch or hit a ball worth my life.

I like boxing and fencing (sword fighting for all you uneducated people) but there are no boxing/fencing clubs that I can join in my state...so i'm left out.
    07-10-08 02:48 PM
    they give me an allowance that i earn by doing chores cause im to young to get a real job otherwise i would have no money and they would have to pay for everything.
    Like I said Your Parents Pay for your Phone I'm Out and Good Luck with your bb.
    07-10-08 02:48 PM
    me too. I dont know where you are, but in New York, you have to be 14 to get working papers, and even then, people still wont hire you.
    07-10-08 02:49 PM
    I've never been athletic, I'm more of the academic and technology type, but I am still one of the largest kids in my class (in muscle, and height, not fat)
    I also have no cordination, I can type 90+ words per minute but can't catch or hit a ball worth my life.

I like boxing and fencing (sword fighting for all you uneducated people) but there are no boxing/fencing clubs that I can join in my state...so i'm left out.
    im just like you.
    07-10-08 02:49 PM
    Use their imagination.

There is way more to do out there than play sports. Just like there is way more to do than sit in front of a computer all day.

Its that kind of attitude that strengthens my argument that kids these days are lazy.
    07-10-08 02:51 PM
    me too. I dont know where you are, but in New York, you have to be 14 to get working papers, and even then, people still wont hire you.
    lol move to South Dakota, you can do farm work very young, and can get a job at like 12, I started working for my dad at 13.
    07-10-08 02:51 PM
    Use their imagination.

There is way more to do out there than play sports. Just like there is way more to do than sit in front of a computer all day.

Its that kind of attitude that strengthens my argument that kids these days are lazy.
    I do more than sit at my computer, I have a job, I love drawing so I go to parks and sit and draw, I read books (i've read every book in our highschool library!! I own over 200 of them myself, I read 200+ words a minute) I cook, I do lathe work (make wooden bowl, vases, stools, etc.)
    07-10-08 02:53 PM
    lol move to South Dakota, you can do farm work very young, and can get a job at like 12, I started working for my dad at 13.
    Lucky! I want a job really bad.
    07-10-08 02:54 PM
    Use their imagination.

were not lazy we just do different stuff and in different ways.
    07-10-08 02:54 PM
651 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD