Nobody said anything about using all the apps. They said using it to its full potential, which i'm sure you don't. Unless you sync your calendar full of play dates.
    no but i use it for school when i have school to organize all my events and get togethers and such.
    07-10-08 08:35 PM
    I agree. Both kids and adults use their bb's for different things. A adult might use it for banking, I use it for school. The point is, no matter our age, we still do use our bb's to the fullest!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i second that
    07-10-08 08:37 PM
    no but i use it for school when i have school to organize all my events and get together and such.
    You are 12. Middle school doesn't require a calendar. And don't they force kids these days to use a school issued day planner anyway.

Unless school has changed drastically since i've been there, I definitely didn't require a blackberry in order to attend middle school
    07-10-08 08:38 PM
    yes but i don't like using my planner i write in my planner then in the car put it on my BB. also i can use it to have my class list and schedule on it
    07-10-08 08:40 PM
    You are 12. Middle school doesn't require a calendar. And don't they force kids these days to use a school issued day planner anyway.

Unless school has changed drastically since i've been there, I definitely didn't require a blackberry in order to attend middle school
    We all can get through life without a bb! It is just a handy phone that all of us happen to have. I am the most unorganized person known to man and I use my bb to conquer that problem. No we don't require it, but it sure helps!

07-10-08 08:42 PM
    We all can get through life without a bb! It is just a handy phone that all of us happen to have. I am the most unorganized person known to man and I use my bb to conquer that problem. No we don't require it, but it sure helps!

my blackberry being organized has inspired me to completely clean and reorganize my room and organize every file on my computer.
    07-10-08 08:46 PM
    I guess we'll just agree to disagree then.
    07-10-08 08:52 PM
    Yes, yes, yes, YES!! Please agree to disagree!!

This thread is a constant stream of bickering... back and forth and back again

Get over it!! You cannot convince each other... that is why I dropped outta this whole thing sooo long ago!! You can each have your own opinion but quit bickering like an old married couple!!

The young uns can believe they need a Berry and the others can sit back and be quiet... holding whatever thoughts they have on the issue in their head! They will never stop arguing back, so glad to hear you attempt to end it!! Just be glad you are not their parents!!
    07-10-08 08:56 PM

Get over it!! You cannot convince each other... that is why I dropped outta this whole thing sooo long ago!! You can each have your own opinion but quit bickering like an old married couple!!

The young uns can believe they need a Berry and the others can sit back and be quiet... holding whatever thoughts they have on the issue in their head! They will never stop arguing back, so glad to hear you attempt to end it!! Just be glad you are not their parents!!
    we are here because we are just supporting the fact that we use our BB's just as much as adults and that you guys are implying that we are too young to have BB's because we don't use them to their full extent but yet we use them as much or even more than most adults on here and we should because we have more free time than adults.
    07-10-08 09:00 PM

and were not gonna get over it because then all you will do is keep undermining us and thinking that your right when your not!
    07-10-08 09:04 PM
    red wings...if someone's dumb they're dumb...simple as that. I'm not singling anyone out as dumb; that's why I made a broad statement referring to some individuals on the forum as being dumb. Of course, the greater the pool of members; the higher the pool of opinions, thoughts and views. That doesn't change the FACT that an increase in members, will undoubtedly increase the pool of members that are DUMB or any other semantical word you want to use for that...immature, slow, mentally challenged and so on. It's simple law of probability.

I agree w/ bmmclure and a lot of others members that have posted in this thread...while the premise of the thread is legit; the progression of discussion in the posts as the thread has gone on..has become degenerate.
    07-10-08 09:06 PM
    i use every program on my blackberry and im 12
    I got that you are 12 the first 12 times you said it.

But, even though I despise the Wings with every fibre of my Senators loving heart (sorry man!) he is right - I am not talking apps like Facebook, Twitter, BBM, MySpace etc, I am talking tools like syncing your work appointments to your Berry, notes from meetings, reports, important reports between departments, alerts. While I am completely on board with RIM embracing the consumer market, a Berry is a WHOLE lot of phone for the average user (domestic goddess to CEO), and a 12 year old, while I am sure very busy, could do everything they need to do with a Katana with a web browser. Berry is overkill, not necessary, and sorry if this offends - wasted.
    07-10-08 09:06 PM
    and were not gonna get over it because then all you will do is keep undermining us and thinking that your right when your not!
    Exactly. We all have differing opinions like mr. M said, but you adults don't have to post back to our replies. You guys are just as bad as you say we are! Let's just all be friends?

07-10-08 09:08 PM

/co signed
    07-10-08 09:10 PM

But, even though I despise the Wings with every fibre of my Senators loving heart (sorry man!) he is right - I am not talking apps like Facebook, Twitter, BBM, MySpace etc, I am talking tools like syncing your work appointments to your Berry, notes from meetings, reports, important reports between departments, alerts. While I am completely on board with RIM embracing the consumer market, a Berry is a WHOLE lot of phone for the average user (domestic goddess to CEO), and a 12 year old, while I am sure very busy, could do everything they need to do with a Katana with a web browser. Berry is overkill, not necessary, and sorry if this offends - wasted.
    I don't have a myspace, facebook or any other social application on my berry Besides bbm and aim. I use the core berry pim apps and functions Probably just as much as you, but for a different purpose.

07-10-08 09:12 PM

a berry is not overkill, it is exactly what i need. easy syncing, media and PIM, browser, push email, great keyboard for texting it everything a kid could want for in a phone for texting and school work. the pearls keyboard is so good that i use it to write short reports that i don't feel like typing on my computer because i type faster on my pearl than on my laptop.
    07-10-08 09:14 PM
    I don't have a myspace, facebook or any other social application on my berry Besides bbm and aim. I use the core berry pim apps and functions Probably just as much as you, but for a different purpose.

i second that
    07-10-08 09:16 PM

I wasn't referring to you, ecooper

All I will say is when my child is 12, they won't have a Berry. End of story. I am done in this thread, it's an endless circle and no one will change their minds.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 07-10-08 at 09:19 PM.
    07-10-08 09:16 PM
    yes but ecooper is 14 so me and him use our BB's for a lot of the same purposes.
    07-10-08 09:19 PM
    I know. I was just putting that out there in general that we do use the core apps and functions.

07-10-08 09:19 PM
    First, I gotta say this is a great thread. Where else can you get this kind of discussion, especially cross-generational like this?

As I said before my kids are 14 and 17 and pretty well adjusted. My wife and I have long struggled with these issues. Are our kids lazy? How much is too much (both stuff and technology)? I know they don't do the same things we did as kids. They don't just go out and ride bikes or play sports with their friends like we did. The certainly seem to spend a lot of time surfing/IMing/texting. On the other hand their lives are a lot more structured than ours were; every sport is organized, there is a practice everytime you turn around, etc. On balance I guess my kids are different than I was but not necessarily lazier.

As for not socially interacting, thats not so simple either. You could argue that this technology keeps them better connected. It would be a bad thing if kids only interacted via texting/IM, but my kids also do a lot of face to face socializing (which we encouirage and support). Their social skills are pretty good. I am reluctant to criticize too harshly just because things now are different. Only time will tell.
    i agree with you this thread is one of a kind. it has a lot of generations and we both see things in different ways but yet at the end of the day we are all just BB users that love our BB's.
    Last edited by branden3112; 07-10-08 at 09:24 PM.
    07-10-08 09:21 PM
    i agree with you this thread is one of a kind. it has a lot of generation and we both see things in different ways but yet at the end of the day we are all just BB users that love our BB's.
    100% agreed.

07-10-08 09:23 PM
    yes but ecooper is 14 so me and him use our BB's for a lot of the same purposes.
    *cringe* He and I. Sorry, I get paid to do that and it gets the better of me. He and I.

The day text speak becomes okay to use in standard conversation will be the day I start drinking heavily...I can't be the only one who uses proper grammar, spelling and punctuation in my text messages, can I?

Anyway, incase you missed it:

All I will say is when my child is 12, they won't have a Berry. End of story. I am done in this thread, it's an endless circle and no one will change their minds.
    07-10-08 09:25 PM
    I say younger than 16. If you have your drivers license thing you should have a cell phone for emergencies. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was 18. I had no reason to have one but that's when I started to get out more.
    07-10-08 09:25 PM
    *cringe* he and I. Sorry, I get paid to do that and it gets the better of me. He and I.

The day text speak becomes okay to use in standard conversation will be the day I start drinking heavily...I can't be the only one who uses proper grammar, spelling and punctuation in my text messages, can I?

Anyway, incase you missed it:

i use proper grammar in my text because i use auto text so my bb will do it automatically
    07-10-08 09:27 PM
651 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD