I found this article, which basically indicates that any unlocked CDMA phone would work on Verizon. I am not sure about the validity of the statement, but thought you might be interested to see the article.

Can you use unlocked phones on Verizon

If so, for example, an unlocked Q10 SQN100-2 model should work with Verizon per the chart below:

Attachment 301003

If these are all true (as they seem), you might have some options!

Posted via Z10
    That article is wrong. Just because a phone may have the right bands and COULD work on Verizon's network, it won't. Verizon will only allow Verizon branded devices that have an IMEI that is in their data base. Sprint is the same way.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-14 09:21 PM
    Buy an unlocked version. We unlocked a z10 and have it on another network as we test it to see if there are any hiccups. Nothing yet, except we are not locked to the carrier nor contract. My z30 is still carrier locked for now.

Posted via CB10
    That does not work for Verizon in the States. Can't use any bb phone on their cdma system.
    09-28-14 10:27 PM
    I need a Z30 but with 32GB maybe a Z10 II or Z30 II a new complete version with 4g LTE with miracast and wifi direct not a Z10 STL100-1
    Ummmm, ... Except for the 32 GB ... which you can supplement with that magical 128 GB SD card that not even the new iP6+ has the ability to plug in, the Z30 HAS ALL - and I mean ALL THAT AND a bag of chips! - available RIGHT NOW:

• 4g LTE: - CHECK! ... actually: LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM
    • miracast - CHECK!
    • wifi direct - CHECK!

And that's not all ... but then you already knew that.

Seriously, except for the 'extra' 16 gigs built-in memory, the currently available Z30 already HAS all the features you're looking for next time. It's like the future being available today already; AND you don't have to line up or camp out to get it.
    How cool is THAT?

Cheers!
    Thunderbuck and jaydee5799 like this.
    09-28-14 11:33 PM
    The same people you say are the only ones buying an All touch BlackBerry, are likely the ones buying a Passport currently too. Until a Passport or classic put out real numbers, then it is nothing more than the BlackBerry fan boys buying them. Z3 is selling well. Z10 sold well when priced appropriately. I'm not saying that PKB won't sell well, but until I see real and sustained numbers....

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    The Z3 is selling well because it's dirt cheap and has been launched where BBM usage is rampant. The Z10 and Z30 were never priced to sell and the BlackBerry 10 app selection isn't good. By real numbers, I'm not sure what you mean. Stellar sales for BlackBerry are not the same as other manufacturers. The Passport has the specs but might lose some people with its design and the fact that it still doesnt offer the full iOS/Android app experience.

The Passport has a real keyboard, unlike the all touch BlackBerrys...and unlike iPhones and most Androids. BlackBerry fanboys will buy whatever, but the Passport and full touch audience are still very different for the most part.
    09-28-14 11:48 PM
    I know how it runs, I have one and I love it.

But when my contract is up in February if Blackberry don't have a new all touch out, or at least have one coming out soon then, as much as I like BB10, I'll be going Android.

Posted via CB10
    We'll most certainly see the Z20 by then, though that will be a "budget" device more than likely.

That Visa/Victoria concept with the tricky collapsible keyboard would be easy to produce as a straight full-touch as well.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-28-14 11:59 PM
    Because why would someone taking out a 2 year contract NEXT YEAR consider getting an already 1 and a half year old phone... and how much longer do you expect BlackBerry to keep giving the Z/Q10, Q5, Z30 the latest OS updates?

Posted via CB10
    Os updates? The OS updates are even flatter/smaller, incase you didn't hear. The truth is my Z30 will have everything the classic the passport will have (except the keyboard of course).
    But if you are talking Os updates. I'm 100% sure the Z30 can make it to Os 10.4.
    Besides, why are you worried? Bringing out another full touch device right nw, would only make it the same as the Z30.

High end:
    Z30 & Passport

Mid end:
    Z10 & Q10

Low end:
    Z3 & Q5

To be released:
    ??? & Classic

From Zarafet my Z30.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-29-14 01:13 AM
    Hi, I have owned both a Z10 and a Z30 and I can tell you, even though I've read many posts on here claiming the Z30 screen is not as good... it's pretty much the exact same.

In fact I prefer the colours on the Z30, they seem a little warmer and sharper.

If you do go for a Z30 as long as you can deal with it being all touch, you'll never look back!

Posted via CB10
    ^ everything said above is true.
    I told my friend that the Z10 had a better screen than the Z30. He said bulls*** and went for the Z30. (he had seen both)

From Zarafet my Z30.
    lift likes this.
    09-29-14 01:31 AM
    Z30 will be too old by then, sorry but Blackberry can't expect people to fork out for a two year old phone? They are going to lose allot of customers if they don't bring out a Z10/Z30 replacement.

Posted via CB10
    a rumored Z50 which is a replacement for the Z30 should be here by next year.
    lift likes this.
    09-29-14 05:33 AM
    [QUOTE=Prem WatsApp;10895687]With all due respect (and I'm a Z10 owner and user myself), when will these "need new all-touch BBRY slab" posts stop?

:-)

+10.31

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:41 AM
    I will admit my battery life on my Q10 is not what it was. And Android apps from Amazon have been an issue. They always want to communicate with Amazon (usually for GameCircle which I don't even use), so they often crash. Hoping 10.3 is better as advertised.

Posted via CB10
    Omg I just went to 10.3 beta this weekend on the q10 and it's amazing. android apps that didn't work before now works and most flawlessly. Batt life is for sure improved as pre os upgrade it would be 16 hrs, now at least that since it's been up for almost a day (still 40%). Only problem atm is skype freeze.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:47 AM
    I love how many assume that PKB only is what is going to be successful and the right track. All touch should very easy to implement compared to PKB devices, all the same internals with a larger screen and digitizer. No reason that they can't release both close to each other, like they did with the Z10 and Q10 which were essentially the same guts, and the Classic now has same guts too. I'd love to see a Bb10 sales breakout between devices so we could see what customers are buying and get rid of unsubstantiated claims.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    No one has said that John Chen will never make an all touch device because we can't read his mind nor are we privy to insider information. However John Chen and crew have planned out their strategy to bring BlackBerry back to profitability, therefore we should all be patient and give them a chance to work things out.
    In the interim, if someone's choice is all touch or nothing, then they should go find an all touch device somewhere else.
    09-29-14 09:03 AM
    Seriously, no offence but are you expecting BlackBerry to be at your beck and call? You think John Chen and crew have not carefully researched and chosen a pragmatic roadmap? Your issue has a very simple solution, and that is, move to Android if that's what will make you happy.
    BlackBerry is on the right track now but unfortunately can't make everyone happy.
    So your saying Blackberry's strategy should be, people who expect a new phone every two years should move to Android? Makes sense, that will work for sure

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-29-14 10:17 AM
    So your saying Blackberry's strategy should be, people who expect a new phone every two years should move to Android? Makes sense, that will work for sure

Posted via CB10
    Lol, ya that's probably not one of the best business strategies I've heard.

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    09-30-14 11:54 PM
    Thread name is changed
    Admin is too much sensitive haha

posted via Q10
    10-01-14 01:11 AM
    Much as I enjoyed a ?? qwerty for years, the Z30 and it's larger screen just rocks. Unless ( post -Classic) the next phones are still More keyboards, I can show that rare human trait-patience- until the next all- touch in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:23 AM
    BB came out with the Z10 and 30.... Nobody bought them. So now they said the heck with us consumers and are focused on keyboard devices for enterprise. So enjoy your z30 or sadly like others have...move on.

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    The U.S. is BlackBerry's largest cash source. This from their own numbers.
    They may have larger market share elsewhere but they bring in more $$$ from the U.S. market than any other.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 07:11 AM
    Sorry - I was unsuccessful at quoting the comment this refers to (OP). And now I can't go back to read the writer's name.

But the person complained his carrier didn't allow them to bring their own device (so there was no point for gin to buy an unlocked phone). I was curious what carrier is this?

In my case, I've always brought my own device to the carrier (+15yrs). This way I could keep my amazing (and grandfathered) plan, or switch it when a competitor came out with a better promotion. Never paid full price for the phone either, always bought from eBay.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:12 AM
    I'm happy with my Z10, bought it on the second day of release. I'll happily wait patiently for a top end all touch device. Until then, I'll buy another Z10 if this one fails.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:19 AM
    Sorry - I was unsuccessful at quoting the comment this refers to (OP). And now I can't go back to read the writer's name.

But the person complained his carrier didn't allow them to bring their own device (so there was no point for gin to buy an unlocked phone). I was curious what carrier is this?

In my case, I've always brought my own device to the carrier (+15yrs). This way I could keep my amazing (and grandfathered) plan, or switch it when a competitor came out with a better promotion. Never paid full price for the phone either, always bought from eBay.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon, uscellular maybe sprint. Probably all CDMA providers. Not sure about sprint. Never been with them.
    10-01-14 02:45 PM
144 ... 456