10-01-14 02:45 PM
144 ... 3456
tools
    You sound like the poor version of Tim Cook :S

How many devices did Apple sell when the iPhone 6 launched again?

The Passport is revolutionary and patented!!!!!
    Ok, so... Maybe I fail to see the "why", but what is exactly revolutionary about that device?
    Trackpads? Nothing new. Keyboards? Nothing new. Bigger screens? Nothing new...
    And why the hell is it better because it got patented?

Don't Google and Apple offer an equivalent to Blend as well? (spoiler: one does, one will)

Don't BBW and the Amazon App Store together offer far less apps than Google Play or the App Store alone?

Well, if YOU say that BlackBerry makes its comeback, who am I to doubt that?!
    (actually, I do see a comeback in the SaaS sector. The phone sector... With their current strategy not so much)

Posted via CB10
    You should relax a bit.....you seem disturbed at the chance BlackBerry might actually pull this off. Now

1) yes Tim Cook has a lot more money than me, and probably you!

2) the iphone 6 will sell just because it is an iphone.....even if it's not truly worth it's value, and that is really not important here.

3) The PBK combined with touch sensitive is not a standard track pad concept. Name the mobile device that has this.

4) Blend is unlike other offerings. It's cross platform which allows the use of an ipad....android device....pc.....mac. Ah all of a sudden I have access to all platforms, access to my work phone and BES10 will make revenues in the near future on all BYOD devices if the company so chooses to use BES10. did you see the increase in licenses?

I don't think it's up to your negative point of view to tell us the future of BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and tanzarian like this.
    09-28-14 10:26 AM
    I don't think it's up to your negative point of view to tell us the future of BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I actually hope that BlackBerry pulls it off!
    I like their OS. I am on BES for something like 4 years now.
    And I already made quite a nice sum of money, gambling with their stock.

So overall, I am pretty hopeful.
    However, I don't see those incredible positive signs, some seem to find everywhere.
    They still lack the right phones / pricing for example.

I loved your reply to the Tim Cook comment though

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:05 PM
    What exactly about the Z30 would be too old? The Miracast? The nfc? the HDMI port? The speed? The ram? The OS? The big screen?
    This might be the first phone I would use for 2 years straight

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Because why would someone taking out a 2 year contract NEXT YEAR consider getting an already 1 and a half year old phone... and how much longer do you expect BlackBerry to keep giving the Z/Q10, Q5, Z30 the latest OS updates?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:08 PM
    Why does one need to upgrade and get a new phone every year or two anyway? Why not just keep using your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    What... what logic is this. People have many reasons for changing phones. For me I'd wanna get rid of the double typing as soon as possible.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-28-14 12:25 PM
    Z30 will be too old by then, sorry but Blackberry can't expect people to fork out for a two year old phone? They are going to lose allot of customers if they don't bring out a Z10/Z30 replacement.

Posted via CB10

Hay pls help me want to buy Z30

Hi
    I have Q10 and its screen brightness is too high even I set it minimum it sucks to my eyes in night
    Compared to Z10, screen brightness is very low and good in minimum and Z10 screen brightness can be set very low minimum light

But I know Z30 screen is super amolded like Q10 and size is 5 inch so
    if the screen brightness is same as Q10 in minimum brightness then I will not buy
    Z30
    Pls help me so that I can buy z30

posted via Q10

posted via Q10
    09-28-14 12:28 PM
    Passport this, Passport that!... what about the rest of us everyday consumers!!!

Posted via CB10
    Can u tell the Future Not to sound mean but do we actually know what devices will be out in a years time =NO
    2nd if my carrier dident sell blackberry phone i would be moving on to one that does it is a free enteprize country.
    3rd u can buy direct unlocked phones. does your carrier support Blackberry if not refer to the first line.

anyway u choose good luck
    09-28-14 01:16 PM
    Hay pls help me want to buy Z30

Hi
    I have Q10 and its screen brightness is too high even I set it minimum it sucks to my eyes in night
    Compared to Z10, screen brightness is very low and good in minimum and Z10 screen brightness can be set very low minimum light

But I know Z30 screen is super amolded like Q10 and size is 5 inch so
    if the screen brightness is same as Q10 in minimum brightness then I will not buy
    Z30
    Pls help me so that I can buy z30

posted via Q10

posted via Q10
    Hi, I have owned both a Z10 and a Z30 and I can tell you, even though I've read many posts on here claiming the Z30 screen is not as good... it's pretty much the exact same.

In fact I prefer the colours on the Z30, they seem a little warmer and sharper.

If you do go for a Z30 as long as you can deal with it being all touch, you'll never look back!

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-28-14 01:17 PM
    Why does one need to upgrade and get a new phone every year or two anyway? Why not just keep using your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is garbage! When I run Waze on my AppRadio via the Z10, not only does the inefficient device heat up and cook itself, but the 1A charging port can't keep up with power drain, and this is with display off. The phone does well, but it obviously is taxed by the software.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-14 01:23 PM
    What... what logic is this. People have many reasons for changing phones. For me I'd wanna get rid of the double typing as soon as possible.

Posted via CB10
    And some have reasons for not. I don't get needing every iteration of every phone. I have had maybe 4 phones in 12-15 years. I have the same iPad and desktop computer for a long time. Just an opinion. If your phone works great and does everything you need, then keep it. There is still support for it, and software upgrades are still coming.

Seems like a status symbol\issue more than a neccesity. Just like when I was a kid and everyone had to have every Air Jordan that came out. Or a family member that gets a new car every year.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:27 PM
    I feel that if the Passport continues to sell it will be the blueprint for the next all touch BB. You'll get a Passport with all virtual keyboard. Just a thought as the Passport is the BB10 device with momentum.
    09-28-14 01:31 PM
    Battery life is garbage! When I run Waze on my AppRadio via the Z10, not only does the inefficient device heat up and cook itself, but the 1A charging port can't keep up with power drain, and this is with display off. The phone does well, but it obviously is taxed by the software.

I will admit my battery life on my Q10 is not what it was. And Android apps from Amazon have been an issue. They always want to communicate with Amazon (usually for GameCircle which I don't even use), so they often crash. Hoping 10.3 is better as advertised.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:32 PM

I will admit my battery life on my Q10 is not what it was. And Android apps from Amazon have been an issue. They always want to communicate with Amazon (usually for GameCircle which I don't even use), so they often crash. Hoping 10.3 is better as advertised. But it does what I really need it to do.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:32 PM
    I feel that if the Passport continues to sell it will be the blueprint for the next all touch BB. You'll get a Passport with all virtual keyboard. Just a thought as the Passport is the BB10 device with momentum.
    I wouldn't mind a Passport wide all touch with a 1440x1920 display. Movies would show with black bars, BlackBerry VKB and still have same usable space as the Passport. BlackBerry could say it has the scale of an 8.5 X 11" sheet of paper.

09-28-14 01:40 PM
    I actually hope that BlackBerry pulls it off!
    I like their OS. I am on BES for something like 4 years now.
    And I already made quite a nice sum of money, gambling with their stock.

So overall, I am pretty hopeful.
    However, I don't see those incredible positive signs, some seem to find everywhere.
    They still lack the right phones / pricing for example.

I loved your reply to the Tim Cook comment though

Posted via CB10
    Positive Signs......well if one looks at BlackBerry using Apple as the baseline and standard......ya the signs and BlackBerry accomplishments will seem miniscule and far between. Apple did what BlackBerry never reached at its peak whether it be cash or sales volume. Although I played my heart out playing hockey, I wouldn't choose Wayne Gretzky as the standard.....lol. Anyhow the positives are there......

1) Future positive revenues are just around the corner. True BIS is disappearing, but EZ pass and BES10 licenses that manage not only BlackBerry devices are soon to begin receiving revenues on a monthly basis per device.....

2) The Passport, the device the media, the consumer and basically everyone who types on blogs says" no one wants" well 200,000 units in 2 days from 2 outlets is not bad. That is $120,000,000.00 US retail. Remember this is a device squarely aimed at enterprise and not consumers.

3) There is no doubt that Blend will win hearts. Now I can have it all. A great mobile OS on my BB10 device, and android or ipad tablet etc. I can have access to all the ecosystems. BlackBerry is not asking me to choose
    I don't have to be all BlackBerry!

4) The company, that was dead 3-4 years ago is hardly dead. They have worked hard to take up a position based on a new platform. Create new devices, while managing the old and build the bridges necessary for the transformation. There are millions upon millions of corporate legacy users still out there. They have yet to move to BES10 and BB10 devices. Why? Simply because those devices meet their needs, why spend money if you don't have to and BlackBerry wasn't ready yet to transform them. However, BlackBerry is now ready. In 2016, transformations will begin with software automation of those processes. The BB10 platform is maturing and BlackBerry will be rewarded financially for the work they have been doing over the last 4 years with little revenue based on those stream. Profitability is just around the corner. Chen is on schedule. The return of investors after that will give BlackBerry the strength it needs going forward. Apple's biggest mistake in the last year? Not buying BlackBerry and re-branding it for its enterprise offerings. It was pocket change.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    09-28-14 01:55 PM
    And some have reasons for not. I don't get needing every iteration of every phone. I have had maybe 4 phones in 12-15 years. I have the same iPad and desktop computer for a long time. Just an opinion. If your phone works great and does everything you need, then keep it. There is still support for it, and software upgrades are still coming.

Seems like a status symbol\issue more than a neccesity. Just like when I was a kid and everyone had to have every Air Jordan that came out. Or a family member that gets a new car every year.

Posted via CB10
    Needs, wants, boredom- each is a perfectly valid reason for any particular individual. You may think it needless by your own value system but as a vendor BBRY has to consider the broader demographic.

In the US market, where you essentially pay the same if on contract regardless of phone, it makes some sense to upgrade yearly and the average customer has grown to think along those lines. iOS and Android have been pushing each other fiercely and consequently you do see significant improvements each year in those platforms (e.g. processors, cameras, sensors). The better specs drive creation of more ambitious apps that start taxing older phones/tablets. Since BBOS10 doesn't run native Android it can potentially feel an even bigger hit. IMO they are almost forced to keep up with the hardware if the Android app selling point isn't to become a liability.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-28-14 02:04 PM
    Well said and I agree with you 100% nobody to blame but themselves! but still in this day and age???sure cater to the few who want keyboards and old time devices....what happens when you put these phones in their hands. Sales stop and then what? You've cut off everyone else .... Just something to think about

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    But in this day and age, a small, small amount of people are looking to get a BlackBerry with a touchscreen.

Really, what iPhone/Android user would buy a state of the art flagship BlackBerry with a touchscreen that didn't even run big name native apps? Sure, I'd buy one, you'd buy one, because we love BlackBerry, but we're in that small minority of people.

Buy building on its strengths, BlackBerry making itself stronger. The Passport looks to be profitable already, and it's not even out everywhere yet. That's amazing. More focus like this, and before long, BlackBerry will have the cash and resources to give us the full touchscreen device that we deserve. But for right now, I think they're smart to stick to what they're good at, then branch out appropriately from there. Don't you?
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-28-14 02:18 PM
    But in this day and age, a small, small amount of people are looking to get a BlackBerry with a touchscreen.

Really, what iPhone/Android user would buy a state of the art flagship BlackBerry with a touchscreen that didn't even run big name native apps? Sure, I'd buy one, you'd buy one, because we love BlackBerry, but we're in that small minority of people.

Buy building on its strengths, BlackBerry making itself stronger. The Passport looks to be profitable already, and it's not even out everywhere yet. That's amazing. More focus like this, and before long, BlackBerry will have the cash and resources to give us the full touchscreen device that we deserve. But for right now, I think they're smart to stick to what they're good at, then branch out appropriately from there. Don't you?
    The same people you say are the only ones buying an All touch BlackBerry, are likely the ones buying a Passport currently too. Until a Passport or classic put out real numbers, then it is nothing more than the BlackBerry fan boys buying them. Z3 is selling well. Z10 sold well when priced appropriately. I'm not saying that PKB won't sell well, but until I see real and sustained numbers....

09-28-14 02:37 PM
    That's bizarre, never heard of that.. What carrier are you with if you don't mind me asking
    09-28-14 05:06 PM
    As it seems no carriers will be stocking BlackBerry, well all I get is we don't sell BlackBerry anymore their going out of business. I'd like to take a contract out with BlackBerry so I can upgrade my phone every two years but not have to find 529 every time I wanted to upgrade. I'm happy and BlackBerry get my money or be it a steady income

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    09-28-14 05:35 PM
    I moved from the Z10 to the Z30. Very BIG upgrade

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Huge difference, glad I made the switch.
    bpmg4u likes this.
    09-28-14 06:21 PM
    Passport this, Passport that!... what about the rest of us everyday consumers!!!

Posted via CB10
    Relax and enjoy a free app from the Amazon store.
    rambo47 likes this.
    09-28-14 06:33 PM
    I bet BlackBerry releases a high end all-touch before Apple/Samsung release a high end keyboard phone.

Yea, I really went out on a limb there huh?

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and SK122387 like this.
    09-28-14 07:08 PM
    The next phone is another querty.
    Ouch - I don't know if that might be to innovative ... changing the keyboard layout from QWERTY to QUERTY might be a bit too much for most consumers .. *SCNR*
    09-28-14 07:24 PM
    I understand your point, but if Blackberry suddenly stopped making all touch phones and lose a few million customers in the process, how does this help Blackberry? It doesn't.

So my point in, is they don't bring a new all touch out soon, they'll lose quite allot of customers, which again, doesn't help.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously, no offence but are you expecting BlackBerry to be at your beck and call? You think John Chen and crew have not carefully researched and chosen a pragmatic roadmap? Your issue has a very simple solution, and that is, move to Android if that's what will make you happy.
    BlackBerry is on the right track now but unfortunately can't make everyone happy.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 07:42 PM
    Seriously, no offence but are you expecting BlackBerry to be at your beck and call? You think John Chen and crew have not carefully researched and chosen a pragmatic roadmap? Your issue has a very simple solution, and that is, move to Android if that's what will make you happy.
    BlackBerry is on the right track now but unfortunately can't make everyone happy.
    I love how many assume that PKB only is what is going to be successful and the right track. All touch should very easy to implement compared to PKB devices, all the same internals with a larger screen and digitizer. No reason that they can't release both close to each other, like they did with the Z10 and Q10 which were essentially the same guts, and the Classic now has same guts too. I'd love to see a Bb10 sales breakout between devices so we could see what customers are buying and get rid of unsubstantiated claims.

09-28-14 08:26 PM
144 ... 3456