That's odd. I've never heard of that (i'm not always up on the times though).

Thanks and wow, that's odd.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-27-14 08:40 AM
    To be honest, I think BlackBerry's phone strategy is straight forward and logical. Rebuild and strengthen the Qwerty which centers to the productivity needs of enterprise. Frankly, BlackBerry has done an excellent job. For a niche company, they captured lots of attention in September whereas Apple was always backpedaling explaining one major gaft after another. Once the classic is out, it will be onto the touch screens, a value phone Z20 to capture the mid range and the fabled Z50. My bet is that they will be launched in spring where they can gather more attention and it will be bundled with a new service offering. This offering, combined with blend and the power of 10.3, will help differentiate the product from the rest of the slab. Smart move if they do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:51 AM
    BB came out with the Z10 and 30.... Nobody bought them. So now they said the heck with us consumers and are focused on keyboard devices for enterprise. So enjoy your z30 or sadly like others have...move on.

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-27-14 08:53 AM
    With all due respect (and I'm a Z10 owner and user myself), when will these "need new all-touch BBRY slab" posts stop?

:-)

Nothing on the Verizon nor horizon for a while, and that's a fact.

I am sure that John Chen is aware of the need for some new 16:9 phone (with or without an expandable / hidden keyboard, or similar). These posts are not gonna change much.

Contact BBRY, participate in their surveys, go to "icanmakeitbetter", use Twitter, etc. and let them know.

It's keyboard time right now.

The Passport is important and unique. Another high-spec'ed all-touch slab wouldn't nearly have had such an impact as this new innovative phone that breaks common design boundaries.

I assume if they had made the "Z50" instead of the Passport, BlackBerry would be in deep trouble now, and the turnaround would be protracted.

Keyboard phones are their (pardon the pun) classic enterprise phones. They need to stabilize the company with those enterprise sales first, then will they use the funds to produce a standard slab again and advertise in the consumer space.

Get everything out of your Z10/Z30 now, and please be patient.

I'm looking forward to another awesome all-touch (with probably a whole bunch of new innovations) myself , but the time for that's isn't (right) now.

That's just opinion, and you're welcome to disagree.
    No offense to all-touch users, I'm gonna upgrade my wife's phone to a Z30 as soon as funds are available.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Couldn't disagree more. The absence of an all touch device is a huge mistake on BlackBerry's part. Once we switch to apple and android (and we will) , consumers become entrenched in another ecosystem with far more capabilities. It's time for BlackBerry to s*** or get off the pot it they plan on retaining Z10/30 consumers.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-27-14 09:00 AM
    Z30 will be too old by then, sorry but Blackberry can't expect people to fork out for a two year old phone? They are going to lose allot of customers if they don't bring out a Z10/Z30 replacement.
    In addition to Z10 and Z30 I have been playing with Z3 for the past few months. Z3 is well designed and built, I suppose.

Please also refer to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...llenge-960721/.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:03 AM
    BlackBerry is taking the right step. Though I am an all touch user and have never used a physical keyboard I'm glad with BlackBerry focusing on their core strengths. There is no point to release a ME TOO all touch phone at this point of time. I would like them to innovate Hybrid devices, maybe the rumoured, recently patented single row hidden keyboard device should be the next big release. More over Z10, Z30 and Z3 are still very good phones and are fully capable of what other Android / iOS phones can do today. These are just my opinion, everybody has got their own.
    gfondeur, lotuslanderz and andy957 like this.
    09-27-14 09:36 AM
    I love my Z30!!!!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-27-14 09:39 AM
    It has to be one branded for them.
    Are you sure? It doesn't make sense. Which carrier are you talking about?

Posted via Z10
    09-27-14 10:03 AM
    Are you sure? It doesn't make sense. Which carrier are you talking about?
    Verizon Wireless. A CDMA carrier.

Note: Verizon does allow you to buy devices off contract/for full price, but as mentioned previously, for now ,they have to be Verizon branded.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-14 10:17 AM
    Couldn't disagree more. The absence of an all touch device is a huge mistake on BlackBerry's part. Once we switch to apple and android (and we will) , consumers become entrenched in another ecosystem with far more capabilities. It's time for BlackBerry to s*** or get off the pot it they plan on retaining Z10/30 consumers.

Posted via CB10
    ^ Enterprise ^ v Consumers v

Sent from my super cool shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    09-27-14 10:32 AM
    You can get a Z30 or wait a little until the next 16:9 touch only is most likely announced.

I'm actually getting a Z30 shortly because of the new low prices, unless BlackBerry pulls a Nexus and releases their next 16:9 touch only phone at a real low price.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4268859) likes this.
    09-27-14 10:40 AM
    You can get a Z30 or wait a little until the next 16:9 touch only is most likely announced.

I'm actually getting a Z30 shortly because of the new low prices, unless BlackBerry pulls a Nexus and releases their next 16:9 touch only phone at a real low price.

Posted via CB10
    Can't get one on Verizon anymore.
    09-27-14 10:43 AM
    Very happy with my Z10. Had no problems from day one. Phone works perfect and if you keep an eye on your setting battery is not a problem for normal users.
    Regards
    09-27-14 10:52 AM
    You guys should hope Verizon and Sprint EOL those dinosaur CDMA networks soon. They both had option to migrate to HSPA before LTE and Qualcomm wanted them to do this, but they didn't and now have networks that very unique compared to the rest of the world. A small player like BlackBerry can't keep making devices for theses one off networks in a market that they aren't well thought of. My suggestion if you want to use BlackBerry is to switch to T-Mobile or AT&T if they provide good coverage where you need it. You can always switch back when Sprint and Verizon run standard networks.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    09-27-14 10:58 AM
    Verizon Wireless. A CDMA carrier.

Note: Verizon does allow you to buy devices off contract/for full price, but as mentioned previously, for now ,they have to be Verizon branded.
    I found this article, which basically indicates that any unlocked CDMA phone would work on Verizon. I am not sure about the validity of the statement, but thought you might be interested to see the article.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Can_you_use...nes_on_Verizon

If so, for example, an unlocked Q10 SQN100-2 model should work with Verizon per the chart below:

What about the rest of us?-q10_frequencies_v3.jpg

If these are all true (as they seem), you might have some options!

Posted via Z10
    09-27-14 11:01 AM
    I found this article, which basically indicates that any unlocked CDMA phone would work on Verizon. I am not sure about the validity of the statement, but thought you might be interested to see the article.

Can you use unlocked phones on Verizon

If so, for example, an unlocked Q10 SQN100-2 model should work with Verizon per the chart below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q10_Frequencies_v3.jpg 
Views:	1071 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	301003

If these are all true (as they seem), you might have some options!

Posted via Z10
    If Verizon will allow it. Which from what I read they won't.
    lift likes this.
    09-27-14 11:04 AM
    You guys should hope Verizon and Sprint EOL those dinosaur CDMA networks soon. They both had option to migrate to HSPA before LTE and Qualcomm wanted them to do this, but they didn't and now have networks that very unique compared to the rest of the world. A small player like BlackBerry can't keep making devices for theses one off networks in a market that they aren't well thought of. My suggestion if you want to use BlackBerry is to switch to T-Mobile or AT&T if they provide good coverage where you need it. You can always switch back when Sprint and Verizon run standard networks.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Agree, except for the switching part. I have to have my phone working where I live and go. I can't have a brick because I drove 70 miles to visit my parents in the small town they live in.
    09-27-14 11:07 AM
    OP doesn't want a Z30 now, they just want something to upgrade to next year. Why is everyone speculating that an all touch device won't come out by that time? We already know an LTE Z3 is coming so what's up with the negativity. I'm impressed with what BlackBerry did with the Passport, they don't have to do as much to get a big full touch device out now. That's a great thing for us BlackBerry users. I'm going to simply be patient and wait to see what is available to me next year. My Z10 will be 2 years old by then and probably still be perfect, but if I want an upgrade I'm confident BlackBerry will have something for me in due time.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:13 AM
    I know how it runs, I have one and I love it.

But when my contract is up in February if Blackberry don't have a new all touch out, or at least have one coming out soon then, as much as I like BB10, I'll be going Android.

Posted via CB10
    if you want an all touch you'll have to wait till April next year. They'll show off in March next year so probably launch by April.
    09-27-14 11:15 AM
    My Z3 is my first BlackBerry so I can't really compare with other phones but I really like it. Smooth, fast and enough screen size.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    Parrillas NY likes this.
    09-27-14 11:17 AM
    Well that unique network (Verizon) gets me coverage in so many places tmo and AT&T can only dream about. I don't know but can't imagine it is too hard to make a cdma passport when BlackBerry already have phones on the Verizon cdma network.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:26 AM
    I don't know why but I see the Z3 as a downgrade from my Z30.
    09-27-14 11:32 AM
    if you want an all touch you'll have to wait till April next year. They'll show off in March next year so probably launch by April.
    That I could wait for

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:36 AM
    I need a Z30 but with 32GB maybe a Z10 II or Z30 II a new complete version with 4g LTE with miracast and wifi direct not a Z10 STL100-1
    09-27-14 11:50 AM
    If anyone going to upgrade to the Z3 LTE from their Z10, get an Z30 instead.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan and gfondeur like this.
    09-27-14 11:55 AM
144 1234 ...