Is this it?

Last edited by CatlinFD; 02-17-12 at 02:32 AM.
    02-17-12 02:24 AM
    There is no picture there.
    02-17-12 02:26 AM
    There is no picture there.
    Fixed?

(10 char)
    02-17-12 02:32 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    cool ... that's amazing if one could type using that!
    02-17-12 03:23 AM
    no that's not what they are talking about. According to n4bb (I think) it's a 3D image. However is uses cascades somehow that changes it depending on the angle of the device (I have no idea how this would work, but they were very clear in saying that it was not a prjection of any kind.

Also included with the 3D keyboard is vibration feedback.....not sure how this is different from heptic feedback, but anyway.

As this is just being experimeted with, who knows if it will ever see the light of day.
    02-17-12 03:58 AM
    no that's not what they are talking about. According to n4bb (I think) it's a 3D image. However is uses cascades somehow that changes it depending on the angle of the device (I have no idea how this would work, but they were very clear in saying that it was not a prjection of any kind.

Also included with the 3D keyboard is vibration feedback.....not sure how this is different from heptic feedback, but anyway.

As this is just being experimeted with, who knows if it will ever see the light of day.
    sounds stupid. they should do what I have in the OP.
    02-17-12 08:27 AM
    sounds stupid. they should do what I have in the OP.
    I thought it was what was in the OP at first too.

(PS. Those pair with the playbook!)

I think a 3D keyboard would really tick me off. I'd rather have it normal.
    02-17-12 08:33 AM
    Sounds incredibly intersting. RIM knows that they're alienating a lot of current BlackBerry users by producing an all-touch BlackBerry 10 device first. Perhaps this is a compromise to attract physical keyboard fans?

Whatever it is, I hope RIM gets it out the door before anyone else!
    02-17-12 09:08 AM
    I also thought virtual keyboard meant external keyboard

RIM's concept using cascades sounds interesting but what is it...need more info
    02-17-12 09:26 AM
    I don't anyone can really explain what RIM is working on with their 3D keyboard but I for one think it would be awesome. On N4BB they say it is a way to get us physical keyboard users to switch to full touch screen and if RIM somehow comes out with something that freaking amazing on a touch device you better believe they would get the crown for Best Keyboards of All time.
    As far as the photo the OP posted I don't think that would work very well as it would require you to carry around a camera with your phone and that would just be annoying, also what if you weren't in a dark room? I have high hopes for BB10 and this new virtual keyboard idea sounds sweet! If it can replace the physical keyboard that I love so much and give me more screen space then kudos RIM!!!
    02-17-12 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD