I removed DocsToGo from my BB a couple of weeks ago. I also updated to 4.5.0.110 this weekend and didn't choose to install DocsToGo then either. Ever since I deleted the application from my phone, I get the following message whenever I restart my BB. Any ideas?
    Last edited by cre8tivspirit; 12-15-08 at 01:36 PM. Reason: looking for a little more exposure to question
    12-15-08 07:53 AM
    Ouch... seems like the systems of the early 4.5 betas where Docs2Go needed to be installed for a lot of 3rd party apps to work. Have you reinstalled to see if it works?
    12-15-08 07:55 AM
    I haven't reinstalled yet. I was sort of making that my last resort if nothing else came up as an option. I really hope that DocsToGo isn't the internet explorer of my BB OS. Something that you just can't get rid of.
    12-15-08 08:23 AM
    I haven't reinstalled yet. I was sort of making that my last resort if nothing else came up as an option. I really hope that DocsToGo isn't the internet explorer of my BB OS. Something that you just can't get rid of.
    Lol... tell me about it. I would love to be able to delete IE, but especially with JavaScript and all that good stuff from blackberry.com, I need to keep this browser on my PC
    12-15-08 08:34 AM
    I would reinstall and see if it get better.
    12-15-08 08:49 AM
    So I have to have DocsToGo on my BB? That just sucks. Memory space being used by software I don't want or need.
    12-15-08 10:44 AM
    something probably happened that interrupted the uninstall. I had no problems uninstalling docs2go from my Pearl after I decided it was eating memory (and i wasn't using it anyway). It's not required to be on your BB.

I would try to reinstall to clear up this error, and then uninstall it again...
    12-15-08 11:15 AM
    I reinstalled DocsToGo and when my BB restarted, the message came back as well. I did a little googling and saw some different references to the exception but no definitive answers. This is annoying. Everything seems to work on my BB just fine despite the exception but it's still a pain to have a problem and not know how to correct it.
    12-15-08 12:13 PM
    After following the instructions on this site to completely wipe my device and restore all 3rd party apps, I discovered what was causing the error message.

I have had Berry-a-Code installed on my Curve since before it became unavailable and it has worked flawlessly until this last upgrade to 4.5.0.110. After the wipe I still got the the uncaught exception error so I began going through all my apps and when I tried to open Berry-a-Code, the error would pop up. After I uninstalled it, the exception went away. I'm glad I found the error but I'm sad to finally lose that app.
    12-29-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD