Yesterday I had a bath ,and as I was expecting a message, I left my bb on the side of the bath, when I had finished my phone felt slightly wet, it seemed to worked quite normally and I left it. Today whenever I typed the keys would type as something else- the "e" key would type as eu and so on and it is generally acting up" I tried taking out the battery and blowing it but it is acting really strange I did this many times until I found this website. I am going to put the battery and the phone in a bag of rice , do you think it is too late?
    11-06-11 04:23 PM
    sorry to hear about your BB bath effect. I would also try to put the BB in front of a cooling fan to help with drying out. It might still come good, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I had my old Nokia E51 out in drizzling rain late last year and ever since then the capitalisation key stopped working, but everything else was OK.

Lets hope you have better luck with your BB.
    11-06-11 04:58 PM
    I took my blackberry out of the rice today and it works perfectly!!!amazing although loads of rice got inside my phone I managed to get most of it out but a few are still there!! But other than that it is fine and I only put it in this morning! thank you so much for all your help and thank god for this site otherwise I wouldn't have known about the rice thing!
    11-07-11 01:01 PM
    Rice can do magic for water damage... happy to hear you got it solved.
    11-07-11 02:43 PM
    Bad news I'm afraid suddenly my keyboard went weird again especially the a's it won't turn on unless I take out the battery and put it back in again
    11-29-11 01:57 PM
    It could be that there was some chemical in the water that is causing corrosion on the board. If it's soft water there could be dried salt residue, city water often has chlorine and other chemicals in it. The water is gone but there is dried mineral or chemical deposits. You'd almost have to open it up and wipe the board carefully with rubbing alcohol and a qtip?
    11-29-11 02:28 PM
    I dropped my 9810 into the bath for a full 10secs fully soaked and it was still transmitting music via the bluetooth from underwater.

I took it out, dismantled it, shook out all the water. Obviously the touchscreen ceased to work. Then put it into a sauna for two 30min sessions and then it came back to life.

As if it never happened.
    11-29-11 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD