Got my Blackberry wet. The red led is on, but the unit is toast. Does anybody know if there is a way to retrieve all of my info off the phone???? its not in the sim card
    08-08-08 10:13 AM
    Try taking it to an AT&T Service Center.. you can go the site & they have locations to see if there's one near you. Or call Customer Service & they can tell you where one's located.

I recently got a same day replacement since I was still under warranty. It's great - no waiting!
    08-08-08 10:22 AM
    Thanks for the info...the people at my att store really had no clue.....Thanks though
    08-08-08 10:25 AM
    Try this to revieve your BB:
    Get a baggie, fill it with Minute Rice, place your phone in the bag o0f rice (with the battery out & battery door off). Let it sit in the rice for 24 hours. This will draw out all of the moisture. Hope this helps.
    08-08-08 10:35 AM
    AT&T Device Support Center - there's link at the bottom, find your state & see if there's a Device Support Center near you.
    08-08-08 10:40 AM
    That sucks, is it fully dry?
    08-08-08 11:12 AM
    Try taking it to an AT&T Service Center.. you can go the site & they have locations to see if there's one near you. Or call Customer Service & they can tell you where one's located.

I recently got a same day replacement since I was still under warranty. It's great - no waiting!
    Do you really get the phone replaced by your carrier even if its water damaged? Or do you have it replaced because you have insurance on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 11:19 AM
    Yes dried out for almost 2 days now
    08-08-08 12:11 PM
    Yes dried out for almost 2 days now
    08-08-08 12:21 PM
    Do you really get the phone replaced by your carrier even if its water damaged? Or do you have it replaced because you have insurance on it.

Well, I don't know about severe water damage.. I accidentally blew my trackball out with a compressed air can. It was falling in and out bc I had dropped it & it popped out, lol. And they still gave me a replacement..

It's harmless to at least bring it & see if they'll do it.
    08-08-08 12:22 PM

Verizon covers water damage, they did not used to, but do now. So, if I get mine wet, it gets replaced. It helps being the Best Man in your VZW reps wedding!
    08-08-08 12:27 PM
    Best thing you can do once it gets wet is yank the battery ASAP. Dry it out as much as possible and then let it sit overnight with a fan blowing on it.

My experience was with a pump water gun. Set my blackberry down so I wouldn't get it wet will cleaning the pool from outside. Saw somebody (neighbor) sneaking around the corner of my house to scare me, filled up a pump water gun, and shot them as they tried to sneak up on me. Well, guess what, my phone got in the way.
    08-08-08 01:17 PM
    Best thing you can do once it gets wet is yank the battery ASAP. Dry it out as much as possible and then let it sit overnight with a fan blowing on it.

My experience was with a pump water gun. Set my blackberry down so I wouldn't get it wet will cleaning the pool from outside. Saw somebody (neighbor) sneaking around the corner of my house to scare me, filled up a pump water gun, and shot them as they tried to sneak up on me. Well, guess what, my phone got in the way.
    Ahhhh, your phone gave it's life to protect your neighbor.....how gallant
    08-08-08 01:36 PM
    Even better is take a bowl of white rice or those silicone beads you usually find packaged with electronics and cover the unit with it. The rice or silicone beads will absorb moisture/humidity increasing the chances of survival for your device. I went into the pool with my blackberry 2 years ago and did this. The battery is toast, but once that was replaced my phone is working once again.

I suspect the life of the phone will be a short one as the water has likely started to corrode the internal components, but at least I had the chance to back everything up.
    08-08-08 01:41 PM
    So, I got my 8530 wet and I have booted it up (24 hours after the disaster). The blackberry seems fully functional, but the screen is not lighting up. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will my screen be okay, or should I take it to a T-Mobile store?

Right now I'm trying the "sealed in a bag of rice" trick.

The main problem with taking it to a store is that I bought the phone off of Craigslist, and I don't know anything about it's warranty information or if the person who owned the phone before me registered the device.

I have checked both submersion indicators, and neither of them have indicated that the device has been in water.

Help!
    05-28-10 03:02 PM
    Give it some more time in dry rice. Make sure you leave the battery out.
    05-28-10 08:11 PM
    When should I try booting it up?
    05-29-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD