Well, they say the keynote presentation is over and the much anticipated announcement of the storm 3 didn't surface.

While I like blackberries I am no fanboi as they say meaning I don't love everything they do blindly. This is one of those occasions.

I think the new Bold may go over well but that's it. The pearl (imho) is a non-item and won't do any better than mediocre.

Okay, OS 6? Yes that's nice but with me the yawn factor kicks in because a new operating system is no better than the phone it is loaded into. It's a positive thing that it is on the way but hardly cutting edge, earth shaking or market moving (again these are merely my opinions).

Popular opinion held that WES 2010's oppurtunity to step their game up and, while its not over, the "key points" and "awe inspiring announcements" are over so the rest is just the comet's tail.

Thumb's down. For those of you that accuse me of being a blindly faithful little zombie for bb here you have black and white evidence to the contrary. RIM hadn't lost the game but they just frigg'n dropped the ball near the goal line.

/$.02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 10:01 AM
    Well the Storm is Not an Enterprise phone, so I don't see why they would announce it at WES,

I do think the new Pearl will do very well, it isn't my cup of tea at all, but I know a lot of people using the old one, and would love an upgrade but don't want the size of a full qwerty, and these are not BIS users, but BES users.

I don't see them as dropping the Ball at all, they spoke to a New OS to revitalize the feel of there BB line, they spoke about improvements to the Calendar, and Contacts hopefully multi colours!!, they had HP talk about Cloud Printing!! sweetness, they spoke about how the company is growing, and where is stands today,

The Storm 3 is just vapour right now, I do hope to hear some whispers of it, but you don't announce a product 6 months before it is released in a Keynote speech, and if we haven't seen any photo's of it on CB, and no spec leaks, it is at least 6 months away.
    04-27-10 10:36 AM
    ugggg, 6 months makes me sick to think about. I'm still rocking the storm 1 and about to be able to upgrade in may. was hoping something would come of these announcements to keep me holding on to BB. was hoping for storm 3 news as well. I've got about 2 weeks for something to break/leak...
    04-27-10 11:25 AM
    Well the Storm is Not an Enterprise phone, so I don't see why they would announce it at WES,

I do think the new Pearl will do very well, it isn't my cup of tea at all, but I know a lot of people using the old one, and would love an upgrade but don't want the size of a full qwerty, and these are not BIS users, but BES users.

I don't see them as dropping the Ball at all, they spoke to a New OS to revitalize the feel of there BB line, they spoke about improvements to the Calendar, and Contacts hopefully multi colours!!, they had HP talk about Cloud Printing!! sweetness, they spoke about how the company is growing, and where is stands today,

The Storm 3 is just vapour right now, I do hope to hear some whispers of it, but you don't announce a product 6 months before it is released in a Keynote speech, and if we haven't seen any photo's of it on CB, and no spec leaks, it is at least 6 months away.
    RIM is still RIM, regardless of bes, bis or any other combination of 3 letters in the alphabet. It has been announced that OS 6 will be for the storm 2, for example. Why announce that then?

Again forums are for opinions and that is just mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 12:48 PM
    It's been leaked that BlackBerry 6 will be for the Storm2, not announced. They weren't like "Hey everyone, look at this STORM2 with OS 6.0! Boy, doesn't that STORM2 look great?! Alright, moving on past the STORM2, to the ST...nevermind."

I'm with deRusett, it's probably a ways away. Stop, smell the flowers, and just relish in your current handset for the time being.
    04-27-10 01:30 PM
    I'm disappointed as well. I too am eligible for an upgrade but have been holding ground.. Grr!
    04-27-10 01:32 PM
    If there is to be a Storm3, its too far out to announce it. Storm 2 has only been out 6 months. If you announce it too early, then you doom yourself with current sales
    04-27-10 02:04 PM
    If there is to be a Storm3, its too far out to announce it. Storm 2 has only been out 6 months. If you announce it too early, then you doom yourself with current sales
    Exactly. Besides, there hasn't even been any pics of the thing yet. We don't even know for sure if one is currently on the drawing boards. We're just assuming that it is, based on a few forum posts by an admittedly reputable source.

By the way, I highly disagree on the 9100 being a mediocre seller. The Pearl is immensely popular. Time will tell though.
    04-27-10 02:42 PM
    From everything I've seen, the S3 wasn't even expected to be announced as WES. The 9650 and 9100 series, yes, but not the S3.
    04-27-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD