Guys-
    We're paying way too much money not to be heard by Verizon. Its to the point that people like yourselves has to come up with ideas to unscrew what they have screwed up. Actually guys, its Rim who's at fault. Verizon can only fix so much in my opinion. Anyone have any ideas on a good way to stir either one of them up so our 8800's and the sort start working properly??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-08 12:56 AM
    What exactly doesn't work properly in your opinion? Aside from the GPS that is .. I have an 8830 on VZW and I'm perfectly happy with it.
    02-09-08 01:14 AM
    I agree, what is it exactly that you are complaining about?
    02-09-08 01:29 AM
    Carriers, not RIM, are the one who control what's available on their devices. Deal with it.

If you have problems with your device, do some troubleshoots. You can search around the forums.
    02-09-08 01:40 AM
    My problems are the same as most others that I've never got a straight answer for yet. I've did everything that was brought up on the forum but yet still have problems with my ringtone volume and people on the other side of the phone complaining about excessive noise. That's why I don't whole heartedly think that Verizon is completely responsible.

02-09-08 05:16 AM
    Maybe you have a defective device?

02-09-08 07:21 AM
    I don't want this thread to get out of line. So, let me set it straight, now...

RIM / BlackBerry have made excellant devices (yes, a few things could be changed), but it's the CARRIERS that have specific requirements, i.e. turn off certain features...

And, sorry to say VERIZON is the worst of the bunch...

I say switch to another carrier (port your number) if you have a carrier with the same or better coverage for the areas you travel / live...
    02-09-08 08:46 AM
    The best carries to go with are AT&T and T-Mobile, or a GSM carrier in general. They don't lock out so many features as most of the CDMA carriers do, trust me I have a AT&T Curve and a Verizon Pearl.

Click
    02-09-08 09:52 AM
    It's a choice of Service or Equiptment. If you need good coverage, then Verizon is hard to beat. If the in Equiptment is what you seek, look elsewhere. In regards to "ringtone" I use the Calaypso ringtone which is the loudest of them.I stay with Verizon because of their good coverage Nationwide, and I've been to just about every nook and cranny in the continous 48.

02-09-08 11:38 AM
    have you reloaded software?
    02-09-08 11:47 AM
    I don't want this thread to get out of line. So, let me set it straight, now...

RIM / BlackBerry have made excellant devices (yes, a few things could be changed), but it's the CARRIERS that have specific requirements, i.e. turn off certain features...

And, sorry to say VERIZON is the worst of the bunch...

I say switch to another carrier (port your number) if you have a carrier with the same or better coverage for the areas you travel / live...
    Hear, hear
    02-09-08 02:23 PM
    The best carries to go with are AT&T and T-Mobile, or a GSM carrier in general. They don't lock out so many features as most of the CDMA carriers do, trust me I have a AT&T Curve and a Verizon Pearl.

Click
    Agreed
    xxxx
    02-09-08 02:24 PM
    And it seems Bell Moblity is joining VZW. My GPS stopped working on my 8830. After a discussion with the tech for Bell it seems that there was an update on January 15 and Bell had the GPS turned off unless you pay for TelNav. This ticks me off since it did work and then Bell decided they might be missing out on some cash. The turn by turn directions are kinda nice but Goodle maps is so much better.
    02-11-08 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD