After 6 weeks forced to use it because of a specific security app that I need for work, I switched back to the z30.
    I've been on BlackBerry for 2 years, first with a z10 then a z30. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but the iPhone experience is utterly loathsome. Completely unsuitable for work. I can't quite understand why professional people opt for ios, other than the sizable non-work related app store.
    With close to 200 messages a day, how can you manage that with an iPhone, and not want to open a vein?

Posted via CB10
    Optimus4, lift, gokulesh and 3 others like this.
    08-02-14 04:47 PM
    because its pretty pretty shiny shiny
    gebco, RWB3325, KDB84 and 2 others like this.
    08-02-14 04:54 PM
    Edited your title a bit OP, to keep the thread in general BlackBerry discussion

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-02-14 04:56 PM
    After 6 weeks forced to use it because of a specific security app that I need for work, I switched back to the z30.
    I've been on BlackBerry for 2 years, first with a z10 then a z30. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but the iPhone experience is utterly loathsome. Completely unsuitable for work. I can't quite understand why professional people opt for ios, other than the sizable non-work related app store.
    With close to 200 messages a day, how can you manage that with an iPhone, and not want to open a vein?

Posted via CB10
    You can't. But many corporate users don't handle that much email on the go. In fact many business people would be even satisfied with a flip phone concerning their business use, which is why they go with an iPhone. It's sufficient for their business and fun for their non-business.
    Optimus4 and agarwal.apar like this.
    08-02-14 05:47 PM
    I can't understand either OP I use both, IOS is very frustrating to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 05:50 PM
    I've been on BlackBerry for 2 years, first with a z10 then a z30. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but the iPhone experience is utterly loathsome. Completely unsuitable for work.
    Unsuitable for you. There are millions of people using the device for work with no problems, and I'm sure there are many with the same complaints as you.

I can't quite understand why professional people opt for ios, other than the sizable non-work related app store.
    Because the device works for them. It obviously doesn't work for you, but that's you. That "non-work related" app store also has more work related apps than any other app store available on mobile. So, while it has the most consumer grade apps, it also has the most work related apps. They are getting the best of both worlds.

I get over 400 messages a day between email, texts/iMessage and BBM, and I have absolutely no problems. I have no problems doing this with any of the major platforms (Android and BB10, I don't have a WindowsPhone). What are you having a problem with that you are unable to manage the messages?
    kbz1960 and pkcable like this.
    08-02-14 05:58 PM
    Unsuitable for you. There are millions of people using the device for work with no problems, and I'm sure there are many with the same complaints as you.

Because the device works for them. It obviously doesn't work for you, but that's you. That "non-work related" app store also has more work related apps than any other app store available on mobile. So, while it has the most consumer grade apps, it also has the most work related apps. They are getting the best of both worlds.

I get over 400 messages a day between email, texts/iMessage and BBM, and I have absolutely no problems. I have no problems doing this with any of the major platforms (Android and BB10, I don't have a WindowsPhone). What are you having a problem with that you are unable to manage the messages?
    I guess in his case those messages have actually to be read, answered or at least archived - worked on. In a serious business manner. I believe your iPhone can receive tons of newsletters though.
    spikesolie and CerveloJohn like this.
    08-02-14 06:49 PM
    I guess in his case those messages have actually to be read, answered or at least archived - worked on. In a serious business manner. I believe your iPhone can receive tons of newsletters though.
    I'm not going to bother arguing with you. Too much bull**** for one post.
    08-02-14 07:01 PM
    My Sister dumped her Iphone 4s after watching me using my Z10 and how easy was to manage my files, messaging, and multitasking with it. She got a Z10 and she loves it.

From my ? phone
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 08:02 PM
    I used an iPhone for several years and I found it quite frustrating. I don't know if things have changed but back then I couldn't start an email and then add attachments. That's what I would call a very basic business function. It was possible to select a single file from within an app and have it attached to a new email (if the app offered it) but there was no way to add a second.

IPhones excel at many things but I don't see business being one of them. It's an iPod with a phone.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie and Q10Bold like this.
    08-02-14 08:05 PM
    Numbers tell a different story.
    Sparro likes this.
    08-02-14 08:58 PM
    I see people play with iPhones more than working with iPhones.
    08-02-14 09:41 PM
    I used an iPhone for several years and I found it quite frustrating. I don't know if things have changed but back then I couldn't start an email and then add attachments. That's what I would call a very basic business function. It was possible to select a single file from within an app and have it attached to a new email (if the app offered it) but there was no way to add a second.

IPhones excel at many things but I don't see business being one of them. It's an iPod with a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I would agree with your last statement. When it comes to getting stuff done, the iPhone doesn't come close to a blackberry. The average consumer, however, wants to be entertained. This is where the iPhone excels.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:27 PM
    Maybe. My cousin works for google and get tons of emails a day either, but he's always been happy with his iphones.

Man this q10 double typing a and space bar now.

CB10 on the Q10
    08-03-14 12:15 AM

So how do you add multiple email attachments to those emails? X,'D individual emails?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-03-14 12:38 AM
    In answer to the message count, yes 200 odd emails, but not including IM or SM updates. You can email with an iPhone, but my main frustrations were dealing with attachments, actually finding messages quickly (why is it so painful in ios) iMessage is crazy silly. I had mine turned off, and people were still able to send them which I never received. Where do the messages go? No one knows. But the overriding disaster for the phone is battery life. Which brain surgeon thought two charges a day would be acceptable for productivity? I was constantly tethered to a wall socket or battery pack. That's not convenient, that's a shortcoming. I get almost two full days out of the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER and cosmotzr like this.
    08-03-14 02:04 AM
    So how do you add multiple email attachments to those emails? X,'D individual emails?

Posted via CB10
    Multiple and 3 different files in 1 email: jpg, pdf and doc.
    Do that on an ihpone

Posted via Q10Bold
    GEO1ER likes this.
    08-03-14 02:15 AM
    Keep it civil folks.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    08-03-14 03:36 AM
    Numbers tell a different story.
    Yes, they do tell a different story - they tell the story of what people buy. The McDonald's hamburger numbers tell a story, too, but nobody would assume the story is about health benefits. Each platform has its own merits and the OP refers to one in which BB10 happens to excel, to which I agree (very civilly).

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and spikesolie like this.
    08-03-14 04:11 AM
    If you have or receiving tons of messages in an Iphone, iPhone will break. I've seen it on my coworkers.

Why?

They weren't able to hold their iPhones properly and fell off the ground. Broke the glass screen and also the back.
    Opening an app from another app is pretty tough in iPhone. They have to use both hands for a small sized phone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use the gmail app. I touch the attachment symbol multiple times to add multiple attachments.
    08-03-14 05:03 AM
    I use the gmail app. I touch the attachment symbol multiple times to add multiple attachments.
    ...pssssttttt.....this works great.....Went from Z30 to iOS and back again-imageuploadedbycb-forums1407065090.739617.jpg
    Went from Z30 to iOS and back again-imageuploadedbycb-forums1407065105.471528.jpg

It's an app. But I wouldn't think anyone here would have a problem with a bought app from the platform's own App Store considering the gyrations some go through to get.....oh.....Instagram, which OH SO MANY hated........oh and full Android versions of.....oh I don't know.....Microsoft Mobile....which I've got on my iPhone and any business person has at her disposal....

Went from Z30 to iOS and back again-imageuploadedbycb-forums1407065740.557468.jpg

.....I know....too much reality....

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    avt123, TgeekB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-03-14 06:38 AM
    Yeah, work phone that is unable to attach multiple filetype attachments to an e-mail, that is the iPhone in 2014 :-D work phone my a$$

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:02 AM
    Also, my friend is a head nurse at a hospital, managing 35 people. He went from a BlackBerry to an iPhone (hospital issued, he would not pay for it, according to his own words) and till today he is laughing at the iOS calendar. As he added, the calendar is in the iOS just so iOS has any calendar at all. His ward relays heavily on shared calendar plannig and he says the iOS calendar is clearly not meant to use for real work.

Right now he is only waiting for the Classic to come out, dumping the iPhone afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-03-14 07:15 AM
    Yeah, work phone that is unable to attach multiple filetype attachments to an e-mail, that is the iPhone in 2014 :-D work phone my a$$

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, a platform that must rely on a rival platform's developers for basic banking apps, that is BlackBerry in 2014. :-D prosumer phone my <blank>

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08-03-14 at 10:46 AM. Reason: posting around language filters - don't do this
    08-03-14 07:16 AM
48 12