HC was designed for tablets but it is still very much like gingerbread and froyo. Putting HC on the HH wouldnt gain anything over GB though
    08-15-11 09:19 AM
    You know what... Ithasbegun raises an interesting point.

I concur: a lot of folks say that they cannot (more like won't) change OS because of one reason or another. Well, now that a new OS (basically) is round the corner, what will the die-hard RIM-till-I-die crew do?

QNX and OS7/OS6 are quite different, no?
    The question is subjective, many folk believe that what they have is perfect, perfection does not exist, as when the Ideal is reached it in itself opens up further opportunity and so the search for perfection goes on," perfection" is also unique to the observer. So this also effects version upgrades, RIMM folk will follow the improvements to their ideal as will andriod and apple etc. If RIMM had decided to call the next OS, OS 8 instead of QNX base this point couldn't be raised. However the OP was about battery life perhaps this could be answered in context to the point.
    08-15-11 09:31 AM
    Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Well said!! Welcome back! You can't beat a Blackberry. They get the job done!
    08-15-11 06:37 PM
    I'm not so certain that QNX, from the gui perspective is going to be all that drastically different from the BBOS experience a lot of us love now. Let me again mention I'm talking about the general UI. I don't own a PB, but often take a moment to play with it at Best Buy. Still has a "favorites" section, "media" section, etc. That thing felt like a flashy BB experience to me.

I won't speak for anyone else, but the transition from a BBOS phone to a QNX phone won't seem to drastic to me. The real changes that will come about are what's happening under the hood.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mjordan5 likes this.
    08-15-11 06:57 PM
    I did the same thing last year. I left my Bold 9000 to upgrade to the HTC HD2 and this phone was beautiful. It was sleek and the screen was massive but it all went downhill after the first days use. It was kind of like being excited because you got a date with a really hot chick and then she opens her mouth and you realize she's a complete moron. This phone sucked! It was laggy and the windows 6 software was just terrible. Texting was probably the worst part of it. The swype thing was cool but you had to go through a serious of menus just to reply to a text. Needless to say, I went crawling back to my Blackberry. I swore I would never stray again lol. After that little fiasco, I bought the Bold 9700 and still have it. I'm waiting to see what new BBs will come to tmobile. I kinda got my eye on the new touchscreen curve.
    mjordan5 and daveycrocket like this.
    08-15-11 07:52 PM
    In other words, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about right now and you're just saying what you say to support your argument. It's ok. I understand.
    Well I -have- the playbook. So I can talk about it. It lasts roughly the same time as my friends Ipad2. That is, 10 or so hours of continuous wifi and bluetooth pairing. I charge it once every 2-3 days normally, and once a day when i use it as a laptop-replacement for a laptop while @ college. QNX is surprisingly battery-light from the experience I've gotten from using it.

I have a feeling the QNX phone'll be pretty darn good at battery life. It's far more stable, and doesn't seem to suck battery life out like a hommicidal electric vampire.

My personal opinion, having owned a Droid phone for a few months, is that:
    Android's are relatively good phones for entertainment. If I had a spare, wifi-only one for use as a PDA/entertainment player(I wouldn't since I have a playbook now, but pre-PB I would have). The problem is that as a phone they're not very good since they generally have terrible battery lives, even if I use it just as a phone.

To put it in perspective, my storm2 is more stable and gets better battery life than an android phone.

EDIT: WHen i say ' 10 hours with bluetooth paired and wifi on' I mean 10 hours continuous usage while with those on'. Otherwise casual use(searches, occasional bridge apping, reading books, etc.), gets me 2-3 days of use.
    Last edited by BigD00d; 08-15-11 at 08:56 PM.
    mjordan5 and daveycrocket like this.
    08-15-11 08:52 PM
    Originally Posted by Kansas City Mack
    In other words, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about right now and you're just saying what you say to support your argument. It's ok. I understand.
    Well I -have- the playbook. So I can talk about it. It lasts roughly the same time as my friends Ipad2. That is, 10 or so hours of continuous wifi and bluetooth pairing. I charge it once every 2-3 days normally, and once a day when i use it as a laptop-replacement for a laptop while @ college. QNX is surprisingly battery-light from the experience I've gotten from using it.

I have a feeling the QNX phone'll be pretty darn good at battery life. It's far more stable, and doesn't seem to suck battery life out like a hommicidal electric vampire.

My personal opinion, having owned a Droid phone for a few months, is that:
    Android's are relatively good phones for entertainment. If I had a spare, wifi-only one for use as a PDA/entertainment player(I wouldn't since I have a playbook now, but pre-PB I would have). The problem is that as a phone they're not very good since they generally have terrible battery lives, even if I use it just as a phone.

To put it in perspective, my storm2 is more stable and gets better battery life than an android phone.

EDIT: WHen i say ' 10 hours with bluetooth paired and wifi on' I mean 10 hours continuous usage while with those on'. Otherwise casual use(searches, occasional bridge apping, reading books, etc.), gets me 2-3 days of use.
    Storm 2 huh? So much for your credibility.

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-16-11 03:23 PM
    Welcome back!
    08-16-11 03:53 PM
    I don't know how to drive a stick, so that means Ferrari sucks.
    08-16-11 11:22 PM
    I don't know how to drive a stick, so that means Ferrari sucks.
    Modern Ferraris have gone paddle shifter, no clutch. So what is your point? Why can't you fanboys accept the fact your nirvana is not our nirvana, and that is okay!

08-18-11 08:29 AM
    Lol you spelt Tamagotchi wrong :P and Tamagotchi's actually last a long time before needing another battery. I would know this coz I owned one hehe.

08-18-11 11:40 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD