I guess if you practice safe Internet browsing (do not download illegal software,movies,music) do not go to shady websites and basic security software which is often free then you might never notice malware on your pc
    I can agree with that. Many folks falsely stating that they've never been affected believe it to be true.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-17-15 11:00 AM
    Baaa I rather be a black sheep

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 02:48 PM
    Don't get it. I've bought an iphone before and the only reason I enjoyed it was because of itunes. It's such a generic limited phone. I'd say mostly for nontechnological people like your grandma or grandpa who have never used a computer in their life so they need a huge simple learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:21 PM
    Don't get it. I've bought an iphone before and the only reason I enjoyed it was because of itunes. It's such a generic limited phone. I'd say mostly for nontechnological people like your grandma or grandpa who have never used a computer in their life so they need a huge simple learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like executives, large corporations, computer professionals, and others like that? People use what they want and what works for them, whether it's a BB10 device or an iPhone.
    11-17-15 04:38 PM
    It just so happens that your shepherd is different from theirs. That's the difference.

By the way, I could probably go to iMore's forums and post about BlackBerry (since I have a Z30 and an iPhone 6 Plus) and I'm sure almost no one would accuse me of being a luddite or intellectually inferior to them because I have a BlackBerry. And no one would call me a sheep despite BlackBerry users being one of the most cult-like and outspoken smartphone user bases. Yet this is the kind of vitriol that's encouraged around here.
    I am not sure about that re iMore. The mobile nation sites all skew the same just with different allegiances to different platforms. I frequent iMore and have seen Android and BlackBerry take just the same abuse over there. You should dig up iMore's thread about the Passport before it was released. It got so ugly they locked it.

I don't disagree with you about the anti Apple sentiment here at times. But it absolutely happens at all the other mobile nations sites as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:47 PM
    I am not sure about that re iMore. The mobile nation sites all skew the same just with different allegiances to different platforms. I frequent iMore and have seen Android and BlackBerry take just the same abuse over there. You should dig up iMore's thread about the Passport before it was released. It got so ugly they locked it.

I don't disagree with you about the anti Apple sentiment here at times. But it absolutely happens at all the other mobile nations sites as well.

Posted via CB10
    I browse iMore's forums more than I post there just because the discussions there tend to be less interesting than here. I've definitely seen threads get pretty bad (never see the one about the Passport though) but I guess, in general, iMore's posters tend not to care as much about non-Apple stuff and just want to discuss Apple's products with others who use Apple's products.

But I've seen a lot of threads on CB that have seemingly nothing to do with BlackBerry at all; it's just a post with a link to a bug or some exploit in iOS. I guess Android-related discussions are relevant here now so the ones about iOS (and strictly iOS) seem really out of place.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-17-15 09:19 PM
    The fact that the driving factor to buy a iPhone is resale value is so idiotic that I can't bring myself to even begin to understand.

So the phone can suck - but as long as you can resell it? Any person who looks at a phone as an investment as opposed to a tool for managing any aspect of their life needs their head examined.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-18-15 10:37 PM
    I understand how you feel exactly... especially with going into the apple store and seeing how sheepish everyone gets. It's quite sad really how "brainwashed" people are nowadays

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    11-19-15 12:57 AM
    Surely, you are statistically adept enough to realize how meaningless this is?

From your article:

• 17% share of the market.
    • 948 unique examples this year, 180 in prior years.
    • 400,000 per DAY on Windows. Per DAY.

I get it, at this rate, Mac OS X will have 400,000 per day in a mere 20,000 years.

So, it's gone from just about none to four times just about none. That's supposed to make someone want to buy a Blackberry???
    I've seen this. Still, there is a trend.

Yes, it will never reach Windows proportions.

:-D

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-19-15 01:20 AM
    The fact that the driving factor to buy a iPhone is resale value is so idiotic that I can't bring myself to even begin to understand.

So the phone can suck - but as long as you can resell it? Any person who looks at a phone as an investment as opposed to a tool for managing any aspect of their life needs their head examined.
    Doesn't have to be one or the other.

How about resale value as a consideration? As a choice tiebreaker, if you will.

If I equally rated multiple platforms, and one device has better resale value, I might simply go with the one that retains value better.

I know a chap who has been able to defray device upgrades for years by selling the preceding iPhones.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-19-15 01:24 AM

Devaluation is part of life.

The phone is an investment in productivity during its useful life, not how much it's worth when I (might) sell it. But hey, that (latter thing) only realistically applies if your phone isn't making you money, but costing you a bunch...

I've been sitting or lying on the sofa out in the courtyard in sunny Queensland, with a few non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, etc... doing invoices, ordering product, accessing my laptop inside, sending emails, TXTs, making calls etc...

Wouldn't wanna miss this machine. This Passport phone definitely does not suck, but earned its money's worth multiple times already ...

Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    11-19-15 01:27 AM
    I understand how you feel exactly... especially with going into the apple store and seeing how sheepish everyone gets. It's quite sad really how "brainwashed" people are nowadays
    So you go to the Apple store to watch people acting "sheepish" then?

Hilarious.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-19-15 01:37 AM

Hilarious.
    If he wants to see sheepish behavior, this forum is just as good a place as any.
    11-19-15 05:58 AM

Hilarious.
    No I go there to check out apple products with an open mind but end up leaving with the same attitude I've had for years when it comes to apple! Generic and sheep are the two words that always enter my mind

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 08:59 AM
    If he wants to see sheepish behavior, this forum is just as good a place as any.
    It really seems to be getting that way around here LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:00 AM
    Are Blackberry users who've purchased the Priv sheep? Purchasing the "unproductive" OS that is Android because it says Blackberry on the front of it seems a little sheepish to me. I guess that's different somehow though. I mean it has no Blend, no BBM video, Hub is a mess, security highly questionable (at least in people's eyes here), erratic battery life, heating issues, build quality issues, and yet hardcore BB10 users have still purchased it because of the logo on the front. Seems like a herd of people following the Blackberry name around in my opinion.

I bought one so I guess lump me in but before you criticize users of other platforms make sure you preface your statement with a big "baaaaaaaaaa" first. Then feel free to express your disgust at the zombies walking around the Apple stores who will by anything that Apple makes because it says Apple on it. Then look down at your Blackberry Android device and take a good look in the mirror.
    MikeX74, Eric Ton, SMocek and 2 others like this.
    11-19-15 09:52 AM
    No I go there to check out apple products with an open mind but end up leaving with the same attitude I've had for years when it comes to apple! Generic and sheep are the two words that always enter my mind

Posted via CB10
    I didn't realize a phone is what differentiates oneself among society. It's not houses, million dollar portfolios, University or Doctorate degrees, or Professions. Yeah keep believing a $250 worth of glass, plastic and components is what sets you apart from Society LOL
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-19-15 07:42 PM
    Devaluation is part of life.

The phone is an investment in productivity during its useful life, not how much it's worth when I (might) sell it. But hey, that (latter thing) only realistically applies if your phone isn't making you money, but costing you a bunch...

I've been sitting or lying on the sofa out in the courtyard in sunny Queensland, with a few non-alcoholic drinks, coffee, etc... doing invoices, ordering product, accessing my laptop inside, sending emails, TXTs, making calls etc...

Wouldn't wanna miss this machine. This Passport phone definitely does not suck, but earned its money's worth multiple times already ...

This is assuming IPhones are not used for work
    11-19-15 07:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you let other people make your choice of smartphone for you? Sounds pretty sheepish to me
    TgeekB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-19-15 07:51 PM
    Which one is worst - I went to the Apple store and I couldn't do it or I went to the BlackBerry store and I couldn't find one
    11-19-15 08:08 PM
    You would be even more dissappointed and regretful once you bought the evilphone and cross that line to the dark side....

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 06:42 AM
    So you let other people make your choice of smartphone for you? Sounds pretty sheepish to me
    No I go on a nice useful thing called the internet and research for myself, and generally like what strikes me as the best for myself and my uses! As if my 200- something posts on this forum give you even the faintest hint of who I am as a person.
    11-21-15 11:13 AM
    No I go on a nice useful thing called the internet and research for myself, and generally like what strikes me as the best for myself and my uses! As if my 200- something posts on this forum give you even the faintest hint of who I am as a person.
    The fact that you allow yourself to be deterred from buying Apple's products just because other people do like them essentially groups your behavior in with the "sheep," not unlike so many people here.
    MikeX74 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-21-15 11:16 AM
    I can agree with that. Many folks falsely stating that they've never been affected believe it to be true.
    The point is you can get infected on Mac as fast as on Windows PC if you are careless.
    11-23-15 04:37 PM
299 ... 101112