i went to apple store yesterday to buy iphone but i could not make myself do it. It really felt weird buying iphone. I felt like i was betraying Blackberry and everytning that i stand for. What really turned me off were all the people drooling over iphone 6s. I felt like i was about to become another sheep by buying iphone.Now I feel like a rebel holding to my blackberry. LOL I will wait for priv and see how good this phone is. I am just tired with all bad publicity and luck of confidence from top management. I wish Blackberry had a leader as charismatic as Steve Jobs. Blackberry needs somebody like Richard Branson.
    10-14-15 09:23 AM
    I understand exactly how you feel.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    10-14-15 09:51 AM
    Lmao that's for a good laugh buddy...
    If you have a z30 you aren't missing out on anything the iPhone does.. don't worry
    10-14-15 09:52 AM
    You wouldn't be a sheep buying an iPhone if it meets your needs. You would be a sheep buying an iPhone because you're looking for some sort of social status. I would have no problem with an iPhone if it offered more flexibility in media control. I really hate iTunes. Maybe an SD option. And perks like unlocking your phone via pc software. If you damage the phone, there's no way to unlock it without using the screen. I have a friend with a 5C that was dropped and damaged the digitizer part of the logic board. (common issue) Screen never cracked and no physical damage. ITunes recognizes the phone but she's out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    Fidel Mercado, grover5 and Frehley like this.
    10-14-15 09:53 AM
    i went to apple store yesterday to buy iphone but i could not make myself do it. It really felt weird buying iphone. I felt like i was betraying Blackberry and everytning that i stand for. What really turned me off were all the people drooling over iphone 6s. I felt like i was about to become another sheep by buying iphone.Now I feel like a rebel holding to my blackberry. LOL I will wait for priv and see how good this phone is. I am just tired with all bad publicity and luck of confidence from top management. I wish Blackberry had a leader as charismatic as Steve Jobs. Blackberry needs somebody like Richard Branson.
    It is pretty hard when the troops have to rally the generals. I'm fighting the good fight, and I am always encouraged to hear that others are doing so as well

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    brian4591 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    10-14-15 10:38 AM
    To be honest, I see it differently, in this way: Being in the BlackBerry Community means not following the leader. No one lead us here. We came from different directions, yet arriving at the same conclusion.
    Whether It was the design, security, productivity, or functionality, we appreciated what BlackBerry had to offer. We shared that" like vision".

Which leads us to where we are today with BlackBerry's Vision undefined to the masses.
    But that just means we'll meet up again, here or someplace else that shares that vision.
    You just found out first-hand that IOS, isn't that place.
    Good lookin' out.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:04 AM
    Lmao that's for a good laugh buddy...
    If you have a z30 you aren't missing out on anything the iPhone does.. don't worry
    Except for awesome apps, which is arguably the most important thing when it comes to smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:08 AM
    Try not to worry so much about what other people are using and why.
    10-14-15 11:10 AM
    Except for awesome apps, which is arguably the most important thing when it comes to smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    True.i will wait for priv. Also IPhone is so damn expensive $1000+. This is ridiculous.i am surprised that the is so many people lining up to buy these phones. They must have nothing better to spend money on.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10, brian4591 and kbz1960 like this.
    10-14-15 11:34 AM
    True.i will wait for priv. Also IPhone is so damn expensive $1000+. This is ridiculous.i am surprised that the is so many people lining up to buy these phones. They must have nothing better to spend money on.

Posted via CB10
    There's a reason people call them sheep. Majority of those people are there to buy the phone for social status and acceptance. In our era of social media, there is nothing more valuable than social importance, so that is money well spent for them.
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-14-15 11:41 AM
    There's a reason people call them sheep. Majority of those people are there to buy the phone for social status and acceptance. In our era of social media, there is nothing more valuable than social importance, so that is money well spent for them.
    That was my impression. It almost feel like a cult to me but as somebody said it is all about apps. I mean I would rather get new windows phones. They are so much nicer than iPhone but Microsoft has the same issue as blackberry. When I was playing with iPhone I thought to myself that it is crazy that I consider spending $1000 for that little device. It is amazing that Apple can get away with charging people so much for it and people just take it.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-14-15 12:07 PM
    Beside my BlackBerry I can accept an apple device but BlackBerry is a must for me

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-14-15 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    More money than sense
    sirjonnyblaze likes this.
    10-14-15 12:17 PM
    Honestly, you're just as bad defining yourself as a "rebel" because you own a BlackBerry. If you want to see real change with BlackBerry then continuing to buy their products and support them is only going to encourage them to go down this path because they know there will always be people to buy their product regardless of what they put out.

Say what you will about Apple but you know if the roles were reversed no one here would be complaining about "sheep" buying BlackBerry products only because they're cool.
    TGR1, MikeX74, JeepBB and 12 others like this.
    10-14-15 12:20 PM
    Good thing I largely avoid social media.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-14-15 12:21 PM
    It is amazing that Apple can get away with charging people so much for it and people just take it.
    Value drives the price. "So much money"? $649. Roughly what a "me too" Android product from a company openly admitting hardware defeat will be charging early next year for a product that will likely be a trivia answer on some web forum two years later.

Those users pay less all-in to use an iPhone, because they can chose either a very strong resale value or a very long life supported on the latest OS.

I get the argument... everyone else is an ignorant stupid pathetic follower app-sheep driven by the very lowest of human/sheep instinct, except BB users. There is no other reason, other than a recent lobotomy, to choose an iPhone, right?

That just doesn't pass Occam's Razor anywhere but here in narrowing walls of the echo chamber.
    10-14-15 12:29 PM
    Honestly, you're just as bad defining yourself as a "rebel" because you own a BlackBerry. If you want to see real change with BlackBerry then continuing to buy their products and support them is only going to encourage them to go down this path because they know there will always be people to buy their product regardless of what they put out.

Say what you will about Apple but you know if the roles were reversed no one here would be complaining about "sheep" buying BlackBerry products only because they're cool.
    I tend to agree.

Buying stuff to be perceived as "different" is just as shallow as supposedly acquiring stuff to belong.

A true rebel would get what he/she wants based on needs met. No need to come to CB to get the affirmation of other, uh, rebels. If one really wants to go against the grain, give oxygen the pinkie. Be different, right?

I find it hilarious that folks think smartphone choice is a measure of individuality.
    10-14-15 12:39 PM
    Value drives the price. "So much money"? $649. Roughly what a "me too" Android product from a company openly admitting hardware defeat will be charging early next year for a product that will likely be a trivia answer on some web forum two years later.

Those users pay less all-in to use an iPhone, because they can chose either a very strong resale value or a very long life supported on the latest OS.

I get the argument... everyone else is an ignorant stupid pathetic follower app-sheep driven by the very lowest of human/sheep instinct, except BB users. There is no other reason, other than a recent lobotomy, to choose an iPhone, right?

That just doesn't pass Occam's Razor anywhere but here in narrowing walls of the echo chamber.
    IPhone isn't my daily driver cup of tea, but I read a study that noted that, all things being equal, it's smartest to invest in an iPhone.

Resale value was a big factor.

BlackBerry certainly values iPhone users.
    techvisor, RH1Pearl and WanShark69 like this.
    10-14-15 12:46 PM

Sorry but mostly people do not sleep outside in tents for days to get a phone. I just find it weird. Right now it is hard to say who is copying whom. Most of innovations come from Android camp and they are copied by Apple in some form. (phone size, multitasking, notifications etc etc etc. I find Microsoft to be more innovative than apple these days. Same for Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 12:48 PM
    I wish Blackberry had a leader as charismatic as Steve Jobs. Blackberry needs somebody like Richard Branson.
    I would settle for a leader as charismatic as my dog.

Chendroid: it's not just a device...it's a CEO too.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-14-15 12:54 PM
    Sorry but mostly people do not sleep outside in tents for days to get a phone. I just find it weird. Right now it is hard to say who is copying whom. Most of innovations come from Android camp and they are copied by Apple in some form. (phone size, multitasking, notifications etc etc etc. I find Microsoft to be more innovative than apple these days. Same for Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung does more innovating that Apple? Are you talking mobile or their entire electronics division? I would say they are IMO not doing much in mobile, with the possible exception of their smart watches.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-14-15 12:57 PM
    Either way, if you buy something because it is popular or avoid something because it is popular, you're still letting other people make your choice for you.

At least if you buy something because it is popular you have some rational advantages because popularity leads to compatibility and 3rd party support.
    techvisor and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    10-14-15 01:07 PM
    Some of you guys act like nobody on CrackBerry has an iPhone. I'm always impressed by how many people in these threads not only own iPhones but the latest ones like the 6s+. Are they sheep? At some point, you can't keep saying everyone else is crazy or dumb when most of us covet these devices. I'm pretty sure most of them don't go on Apple forums to chat about what's up with these people hanging on to their "Crackberries" - a term which is, of course, a term that describes perfectly rational behavior - nothing sheep or cultish about that, right?

As far as price goes, for most people, their smartphone is the most important computer they own. I'm not even going to bother listing the daily activities that are now smartphone-centered. Is that worth $3 per day to them?
    10-14-15 01:10 PM
    I taught we agree not to say stuff like SHEEP.... it's been around long enough and has seen too much success to believe that it isn't due to an exceptionally well done product. You don't get 90% retention rates with a bad product..

While Steve Jobs was a showman.... he was also very passionate about design and how a product is used and what Apple could do to improve it.

We don't just need a showman, we need a product that is better and has a purpose. The PlayBook hardware was better than the iPad of that time, but it had no purpose other than to be a companion device for a BlackBerry - yet that isn't what they marketed it as.

Sadly now we have a guy that admits he isn't emotional about hardware... many of us think most of his plans are to get rid of it.

I expect the PRIV to be a good hardware mix. It's the BlackBerry Experience, the pricing and the commitment to the required marketing a consumer device requires.... that has me doubting it's ability to compete and be a success.

Someone long ago, post a cartoon of how each smartphone platform user viewed themselves, and how other platform users seen them. Pretty sure rebel wasn't what others saw BlackBerry users as....
    10-14-15 01:38 PM

I don't think that you get the argument. Many people spend ( or have mommy and daddy spend) $1000+ for an iphone without even looking at less expensive options because they want to be part of the in crowd. That was the extent of the argument. You extrapolated it from there.

Posted via CB10
    BBSpring and bh7171 like this.
    10-14-15 01:53 PM
299 123 ...