I've had a blackberry for almost 10 years now. I had a 7210, 8703, Pearl, 8830, 8330, Storm 1, Storm 2, back to an 8330, now the 9330. I was going to wait for the Bold Touch but I give up.

RIM has made some very dumb choices if you ask me. It seems like they are only playing catch up to the mobile market. I was very excited when I first heard about the Playbook but when I hears the size I went and bought an Ipad. All the stuff you do on a playbook you can do on your phone. I wanted something to give presentations on without having to ask clients if I can plug wires into the back of their tv. The 0s6 is a big improvement but it is still lacking to some of the other soft wares.

I have a small business (small) and the fees for a hosted exchange server plus a hosted BES plus a corporate email (Verizon) it adds up to a nice amount of change. I can get Google Apps (similar to BES/exchange ....key word "similar") for $50 a year and have a regular data plan and it syncs email, folders, tasks, and contacts to Gmail. True Gmail lacks the superiority of OWA. I know it's going to be hard at first but I'm going to order my Droid Pro now!

FYI Droid Pro did rip off a lot from BB, im guessing it will be an easier transition. I cant believe I'm going to say this but goodbye Blackberry.

I also wanted to say thank you to all the members. I only joined this forum a year or two ago but have read a lot of info about my beloved BB. I feel like a dirty ***** who is leaving for a better life....I think.
    05-23-11 11:59 PM
    Good bye. Have fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 12:01 AM
    Bon Voyage!
    05-24-11 12:10 AM
    Interesting review from CNET, "
    A Step Up From My Blackberry?
    by billyb02 | Posted on 29/03/2011 | 07:48 PM *

Pros:
    Actual keypad, slightly faster internet than BB, larger screen & more apps available than BB

Cons:
    Only slightly faster internet reaction than BB, screen freezes up periodically.

Summary:
    In all candor, I am an old guy, who was a Blackberry lover who hoped this would be the answer to the shortcomings of a BB and offer the advantages of the Droid OS. I kept and used the Pro for the two week trial period allowed by Verizon and was very disappointed. Email use is very good, the keypad is great to work with, but the response time for internet use was only slightly faster than my old BB Curve 8330, which was 2 years old. Sometimes during internet surfing the screen froze for no apparent reason and I had to shut it down and begin again. Very frustrating. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I was very disappointed with the internet portion of the phone, and that is very important to me. I am not going back to a BB, but moving ahead with HTC's Thunderbolt. New world for me, but maybe a better world. If you don't keep trying to move ahead, you're falling farther behind."

The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the Road of Life. This was just one of the more articulate reviews I read.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 12:29 AM
    Good Bye!!
    05-24-11 12:32 AM
    don't forget to send us all a postcard now that you're off to live it up
    05-24-11 12:36 AM
    buhbyes
    05-24-11 12:53 AM
    See my sig. A three-poster like you will not be missed.
    05-24-11 12:58 AM
    Oh no? Grandamn is leaving? Crap.. It's over folks.

I guess i'm off to the ATT store to get an Atrix or something.

Someone call Kevin and tell him to go ahead and close this site down. We won't need it anymore.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    05-24-11 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD