Just gotta say to all you Crackheads ... with a bunch of cool releases from RIM the last few days, it is truly refreshing to see some overwhelmingly positive feedback on this board. I've been spending most of my time between the 9810 and PlayBook forums, and it is actually enjoyable again. Of course there will always be the same handful of perennial whiners, but they're a whole lot easier to tolerate and deal with when the vast majority of the discussion is positive.

So thanks guys ... you've revived my faith in CrackBerry again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 08-25-11 at 02:03 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-25-11 01:58 PM
    18to12Fiddy- I am in agreement. It's nice to see the positivity return to this board.

I can't wait til we see the sales figures and hearing people try to downplay RIM's success.
    08-25-11 02:36 PM
    The problem a lot of people have is they focus too much on something they don't like rather than the things they do. No matter what you have there is always going to be the one thing that bugs you about it, people need to stop focusing on the negative and look at the positive.

lotuslanderz likes this.
    08-25-11 02:39 PM
    While I love my device I don't expect to see a turn around for RIM this quarter. Don't be too disappointed when a great device like the Torch 2 not enough to equate to huge gains in the market.
    Even with this great device in my hand I still expect the naysayers to continue to moan. It's what they do. Ignore them...use your new Torch 2 in good health!!!!
    I'm enjoying the daylights out of mine.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-25-11 02:51 PM
    While I love my device I don't expect to see a turn around for RIM this quarter. Don't be too disappointed when a great device like the Torch 2 not enough to equate to huge gains in the market.
    Even with this great device in my hand I still expect the naysayers to continue to moan. It's what they do. Ignore them...use your new Torch 2 in good health!!!!
    I think "turnaround" is a subjective statement.

I think we will see many BB addicts upgrade their current BBs. But I also think there will be a surprising number of people returning to the BB platform.

Not like 85% but I think the number will be greater than people think...
    08-25-11 02:54 PM
    Nope, I don't expect huge gains in market share, but I do expect the OS7 phones collectively to help slow down the bleeding. And I expect them to result in people maybe starting to take BlackBerry's a little more seriously, especially considering the 'flagship' 9900 isn't even fully released yet. If the positive reviews continue, I think more people will be likely to keep a BlackBerry on their radar screen as they get closer to upgrade time with their current phones and as QNX phones get closer to becoming a reality. Maybe not changing the world, but definitely steps in the right direction.
    08-25-11 05:48 PM
    Nope, I don't expect huge gains in market share, but I do expect the OS7 phones collectively to help slow down the bleeding. And I expect them to result in people maybe starting to take BlackBerry's a little more seriously, especially considering the 'flagship' 9900 isn't even fully released yet. If the positive reviews continue, I think more people will be likely to keep a BlackBerry on their radar screen as they get closer to upgrade time with their current phones and as QNX phones get closer to becoming a reality. Maybe not changing the world, but definitely steps in the right direction.
    Yup, I agree with you in that it is a step in the right direction. Just trying to manage expectations.....it's what I do 24/7....
    08-25-11 07:39 PM
    Yup, I agree with you in that it is a step in the right direction. Just trying to manage expectations.....it's what I do 24/7....
    Jes' keepin' it real!

08-25-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD