Last August I gave up my Storm 1 for a Droid X. I thought I would never be back. Well here I am. As of this morning I am an owner of a Bold 9650. I missed the emailing/messaging on the BB. There is none like it IMO. There were a few other things about the Driod X I didn't like but there are also some things about BB I don't like, but the BB just suits my needs better. I look forward to using my Bold. I can already tell its a lot different than my Storm.
    04-18-11 04:20 PM
    I missed the emailing/messaging on the BB. There is none like it IMO ...
    No one does emailing/messaging better! Welcome back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 04:25 PM
    I still think we need a sticky thread for people COMING BACK to the BB platform. Just sayin'.

Welcome back.
    04-18-11 04:35 PM
    if we do that RollingRock it might turn into a flame war and a fanboi trolling ground.
    04-18-11 04:50 PM
    Welcome back! I just came back from my HD2 last month myself
    I missed my emails/messaging just like urself

It feels good to be back
    04-18-11 04:59 PM
    Welcome back tried the evo 3times and came back to BB for good
    04-18-11 05:28 PM
    I hear ya! I switched to the iPhone 4 for a month and liked it ok but the pathetic push notifications and poor notifications in general brought me back to my Torch just in time to look forward to BB bridge that I can use on the Playbook I'm gonna get Friday!
    04-18-11 05:35 PM
    I agree that the Bold is a different - and overall better - experience than the Storm. It's more stable and less laggy overall (even running OS6, which I like a lot). Also, after using the Samsung Fascinate (also a great device) for a bit and watching the battery depletion rate, I can really appreciate the Bold's battery life and keyboard. I do get why people like Android, but BB deserves equal love, so welcome back!

04-18-11 05:36 PM
    Spent about 3 months on a G2 Android but am back on my 9700.
    04-18-11 05:41 PM
    Well, you've seen the elephant now, and you may never be the same. Welcome back to what you enjoy, and cool you know your needs. One thing the haters never seem to get. But they seem compelled to try and think for others.

04-18-11 05:53 PM
    You are going to love the 9650! Pair it with a new Playbook for the best of both worlds.
    04-18-11 05:58 PM
    Thank you all. Its nice to see that there are others that were/are in the same boat as I am. The battery was one thing that amazed me with my X...and not in a good way. The battery would be fully charged at 6am....by noon with moderate txting and 30min of streaming music it was at 50-60%!!! And for the Android fans that may be reading this, I was rooted and had other things turned off. To me thats not right. But, like I said I am back. The only thing I do not like about a new phone is now I have to set it back up my way. But I guess thats a good problem to have.
    04-18-11 08:16 PM
    Haven't played with many other platforms but the droid. I can't go anywhere else after getting eyeballs deep into trying to understand and become competent on the bb. I've been a skier since 1976 and everytime I look at a snowboard I am tempted but don't want to ever be a beginner again! Staying put and won't be tempted especially with the new releases coming soon! Welcome back, it's always nice to see one of the fold return.

04-18-11 08:39 PM
    lol yeah I just made a thread similar to this. Now I understand why someone said there should be a sticky for those who come back
    04-18-11 09:27 PM
    Yep, quite a few came back. I did from way back and plan to stick with BB for some time. Just suites my needs a lot better.

Had a mytouch3G, Optimus T, EVO and messed around on a lot of higher end Android phones. Only thing I miss is the better browser experience, but honestly I love everything else about my 9700 better.

Call me old school I guess, even though I am still semi young, lol!

Can't wait for the new BB's...just hoping battery life don't take a nose dive.

04-19-11 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD