Yeah, I definitely will have to check out the Q10 as well. Perhaps it will ship with OS 10.1 and allow us to dig a little deeper with our customizations.

Sent from my  Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Good analysis of your experience and totally acceptable reason to return. For me, the browsing speed, HUB, camera, and many other features have outweighed my desire to keep my 9930. Actually I still have it as my wifi hotspot just in case.
    04-02-13 08:58 AM
    Yeah Hartford the browsing speed was phenomenal and the timeshift ... Whoa! That feature alone got many of my Co-workers attention. I have since day one always carried my PlayBook alongside my 9930. So as far as browsing and all that I'm still enjoying an above average experience thanks to my PlayBook. That marriage of Legacy and QNX is still absolutely Unmatched! Just my opinion though.

04-02-13 10:23 AM
    That really is a fantastic dock. Really is a bit infuriating that its not a general consumer product.  really needs more accessories like that to be available NOW!

Concur. It's all well and good that Blackberry employees can get their hands on something like that, but short-sighted that at least news (like "coming soon" on the web page, right under the device itself) of the thing hasn't hit for BB 9900 series diehards like me.

Also agree that the legacy OS on my 9930 is rock-solid. I'll let the early adopters out there deal with the headaches on the new devices.
    Uzi likes this.
    04-02-13 10:40 AM
    What is the cost of this dock? Hope it is under $50.00 USD or is it special for employees and friends.
    The bundle was 35$ for employees. I'd probably expect a 49.99$ - 59.99$ retail pricepoint though, assuming its the same stuff that comes with it.
    04-02-13 03:02 PM
    Appreciate your opinion. In a lot of ways, we all had to make the same decision, and it wasn't easy. We got used to the old way and it worked. It's just time to move on in my opinion, though there will be some growing pains. Good luck and maybe the Q10 will be your thing.
    04-02-13 04:28 PM
    That's a shame. Looks like a fantastic dock they'd sell a ton of those at $35 a pop but at $50-$60 that's a much harder sell.

04-02-13 04:34 PM
    Yeah its great, I use it as a faux alarm clock. Another thing I use it often for, is if I'm going over to a chicks place and want to watch a movie, I just throw a couple onto my SD card on my phone, bring the dock and hdmi cable since they're so small and portable, bring it over, and throw the movie onto the tv. It's great.

Dock feels well built as well, it actually has some surprising weight to it so it's doesn't feel like cheap plastic garbage. I've gotten it for a few of my peers at work through my friend and they all love it. One was on the fence so I brought mine in and let him hold it and play with it, and instantly decided he needed one lol.
    I was a little suspicious of the 9800 microUSB landscape docks at first, but after getting one, I was a believer. They were solid and they looked great. I ended up getting a few ( office, bed-side, and one for my travel bag/in car use). BB sure builds some quality accessories!
    04-02-13 04:38 PM
    Not sure which dock you have but the one I have for my 9930 sucks. And other than customizations and a qwerty keyboard my 9930 is no where near as nice as my z10. I can live without the customizations until they come to bb 10.

BlackBerry 10 is just so elegant. Cascades is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I bought 4 of the BlackBerry docks from CB when they were ridiculously cheap on a sale, and I agree. They are way too "loosy - goosy" and light weight. I still used them, just had to be a little careful with where I put them and had to be "just-right" when trying to get the charging contacts lined up. BUT - the Seidio charging dock/cradle for the 99xx was AWESOME! I could use it with my Seidio case on, or by using a little adapter they provided, could use it with my 9900 nekkid. I hope Seidio puts out a "case-on" cradle for my new Z10,as I just ordered the Z10 Surface case from CB with the HOP13 sale!

Well I tried but ...... Gotta have my Legacy.-9493.jpg
    04-02-13 04:44 PM
    Yeah, I'm not as big of fan of the Z10 as I would have thought. I was surprised how many things we take for granted in the legacy devices was missing in BB10.

Unfortunately, I sold my 9900 to help pay for the Z10 so I can't go back :-( In retrospect, I should have kept the 9900 longer and moved up say 6 months in or so.

I'm still glad to have tried it though. There are a lot of things I like about it, but it makes me appreciate all the things they did very, very well on the 'older' OS. It's really quite a feat (despite the issues it had as well). Hopefully that same focus on the little things carries over to BB10 and it will mature into something better as well.
    04-02-13 08:40 PM
    Well, here I am again. Just switched back to my Z10. Going back to the 9930 was great but I quickly realized that I really missed the things it did very well. So *ding *ding let's start round two. All I need to do now is go and purchase one of those fantastic docks. Talk about being on crack!

Posted Securely Via My BlackBerry Z10
    04-03-13 05:05 PM
    Well, here I am again. Just switched back to my Z10. Going back to the 9930 was great but I quickly realized that I really missed the things it did very well. So *ding *ding let's start round two. All I need to do now is go and purchase one of those fantastic docks. Talk about being on crack!

Find someone who works for RIM, or look on like Ebay or something lol. They should be available in a month or two.
    04-03-13 05:36 PM
    04-03-13 07:01 PM
    IMO, you can't go wrong with either phone. The 9900 and Z10 are both awesome phones. I loved my 9900, and thought I'd have a hard time adjusting to it coming from the 9900, but after a weak, I'm still loving the Z.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:10 PM
    I could not wait to get rid of my 9900 and move to the Z10. I was so tired of the spinning clock and freezing, battery pulls, and so bored with it. In my opinion the 9900 is junk compared to my z10, the only thing that saved it was the physical keyboard. It was barely hanging on and I had to delete most of my apps to prevent it from freezing up on me. If someone told me I had to give up my Z10 and go back to my 9900 I'd say screw it I'm going to android or iphone

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:24 AM
    Wow. I totally didn't have the same experience you did. My 9930 was bulletproof when I got my Z10.

04-04-13 11:13 AM
    Wow. I totally didn't have the same experience you did. My 9930 was bulletproof when I got my Z10.

Concur. Mine is and has been rock-solid. Don't think it ever froze.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-04-13 02:40 PM
    Find someone who works for RIM, or look on like Ebay or something lol. They should be available in a month or two.
    I'm definitely getting one or two of those for home (bedside and LR for HDMI), but for my office I think I'll get another iBolt car cradle. Just got mine in the mail today from CrackBerry and digging it on the road all day today. Love the quick rotation from portrait to landscape, can suction cup it right to my desk, credenza, side of my monitor (maybe). Charging cable built in.

Never considered a car cradle for the office before . . .

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:30 PM
    Yeah I've looked everywhere and absolutely no luck finding that thing.

04-04-13 10:53 PM
43 12