Well I gave the beautiful and buttery smooth Z10 a try and while I really liked it and think  has made a huge leap forward, I have choosen to return her and reunite with my bulletproof Bold 9900. I initially thought losing the keyboard would be a HUGE issue for me but the buttons were actually not the issue (surprisingly) I used to think I NEEDED the qwerty but the Z10's keyboard is really THAT good. It was actually the one thing and one thing only.... The O.S is really young and almost feels beta compared to my legacy. Customizations that I heavily rely on are nowhere to be found on BB10. Legacy especially on the Bold is Mature and the customizations go very, very deep. BB10 is a rather shallow pond compared to the vast ocean that is Legacy. Also absolutely NO docking station yet. I have an absolutely fabulous dock for my bedside for my Bold. Just had to return it. I will definitely be picking it back up when the OS matures more.

Sent from my  Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-01-13 06:45 PM
    04-01-13 07:01 PM
    Glad you gave it a shot! always wise to use what works best for you.
    04-01-13 07:03 PM
    I stand corrected Cameraman. Looks like a good dock.

04-01-13 07:18 PM
    Well I gave the beautiful and buttery smooth Z10 a try and while I really liked it and think  has made a huge leap forward, I have choosen to return her and reunite with my bulletproof Bold 9900. I initially thought losing the keyboard would be a HUGE issue for me but the buttons were actually not the issue (surprisingly) I used to think I NEEDED the qwerty but the Z10's keyboard is really THAT good. It was actually the one thing and one thing only.... The O.S is really young and almost feels beta compared to my legacy. Customizations that I heavily rely on are nowhere to be found on BB10. Legacy especially on the Bold is Mature and the customizations go very, very deep. BB10 is a rather shallow pond compared to the vast ocean that is Legacy. Also absolutely NO docking station yet. I have an absolutely fabulous dock for my bedside for my Bold. Just had to return it. I will definitely be picking it back up when the OS matures more.

I came from a 9900 myself, and I can absolutely relate to the points you raise. For sure, it's a very elegant device, and at this point there's a great deal more you can do with it. And I miss my dock as well.

The issues you raise weren't enough to keep me from moving to the Z10, but it's not hard to imagine how they might have. Certainly, I took a few weeks to help my wife migrate to a Z10 before I decided that I was ready myself.
    DocDRM and pandapurple like this.
    04-01-13 07:22 PM
    Dunno what you're talking about, I love my dock hehe...

Well I tried but ...... Gotta have my Legacy.-img_00000019.jpg
    Well I tried but ...... Gotta have my Legacy.-img_00000016.jpg
    04-01-13 07:25 PM
    Damn you people that somehow got your hands on the media dock for the Z10!!! I want it now! I want my media dock now!
    DocDRM likes this.
    04-01-13 07:34 PM
    Beefy...where did you find that?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would like to know this too. And more importantly, why hasn't this accessory been available since the launch??

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Friend who works for Blackberry. Employees can buy them for themselves and friends currently, prior to them being released to the general public. They haven't been released yet because theres still a software issue with the phone not recognizing the dock and putting it into a landscape view mode automatically even if the screen is rotation locked.

My friend says its being resolved in 10.1 and the dock will be released to coincide with it.

Dock is great though, asides from the rotation bug. You just hook it up to the TV with the HDMI cable and it instantly pops up and displays your phone on the screen at the TV's resolution (not your phones res).

If they release it to the public as the release it to employees it will include everything I had in my second pic:

2.1mAh rapid charger
    full HDMI cable
    dock itself
    04-01-13 08:03 PM
    That really is a fantastic dock. Really is a bit infuriating that its not a general consumer product.  really needs more accessories like that to be available NOW!

EsJayDee and jegs2 like this.
    04-01-13 08:23 PM
    Friend who works for Blackberry. Employees can buy them for themselves and friends currently, prior to them being released to the general public. They haven't been released yet because theres still a software issue with the phone not recognizing the dock and putting it into a landscape view mode automatically even if the screen is rotation locked.

My friend says its being resolved in 10.1 and the dock will be released to coincide with it.

Dock is great though, asides from the rotation bug. You just hook it up to the TV with the HDMI cable and it instantly pops up and displays your phone on the screen at the TV's resolution (not your phones res).

If they release it to the public as the release it to employees it will include everything I had in my second pic:

2.1mAh rapid charger
    full HDMI cable
    dock itself
    This is exactly what I've been looking for. One for the house and another in the truck. I have HDMI to composite converter in the truck for the TV's and this dock is all I need left.
    04-01-13 08:33 PM

Sorry we high jacked your thread. I personally like some legacy features like profiles and the ruggedness of the older BBs. I have several friends are going to wait for the Q10 before making a long term commitment.
    04-01-13 08:35 PM
    That really is a fantastic dock. Really is a bit infuriating that its not a general consumer product.  really needs more accessories like that to be available NOW!

Yeah its great, I use it as a faux alarm clock. Another thing I use it often for, is if I'm going over to a chicks place and want to watch a movie, I just throw a couple onto my SD card on my phone, bring the dock and hdmi cable since they're so small and portable, bring it over, and throw the movie onto the tv. It's great.

Dock feels well built as well, it actually has some surprising weight to it so it's doesn't feel like cheap plastic garbage. I've gotten it for a few of my peers at work through my friend and they all love it. One was on the fence so I brought mine in and let him hold it and play with it, and instantly decided he needed one lol.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    04-01-13 08:48 PM
    Not sure which dock you have but the one I have for my 9930 sucks. And other than customizations and a qwerty keyboard my 9930 is no where near as nice as my z10. I can live without the customizations until they come to bb 10.

BlackBerry 10 is just so elegant. Cascades is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:54 PM
    For sure agree that the OS is young but take alook at this -------------> BlackBerry Z10 vs RIM BlackBerry Torch 9810 - Our Analysis The download speeds .. the the .....alot of THE to like
    04-01-13 09:00 PM
    Will that dock accommodate a case left on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:04 PM
    Will that dock accommodate a case left on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    No, not unless you have the Transform case (and possibly the Flip?). I have a Transform case and it works flawlessly with it (was built with the dock in mind), but anything else and it won't fit properly as it is a very snug fit.

Edit - I don't have the Transform case on my phone in the pictures above, I didn't get it until a few days after I took those pics.
    04-01-13 09:07 PM
    No worries Cozz. Southlander this is the one I got and have had for several months. Its fantastic! I love it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006CA...bUvbUpU8242748

04-01-13 10:08 PM
    Yeah, I definitely will have to check out the Q10 as well. Perhaps it will ship with OS 10.1 and allow us to dig a little deeper with our customizations.

04-01-13 10:13 PM
    No worries Cozz. Southlander this is the one I got and have had for several months. Its fantastic! I love it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006CA...bUvbUpU8243433

Cool. Way better than one I have. I have the pod.

Here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005LO...bUvbUpU8243433

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:56 AM

More or less infuriating than buying it and it didn't work?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:27 AM

If the product is good enough for BlackBerry employees to give to their friends, not BlackBerry employees, then it should be available to the general consumer. It is not as though everything else about the software for the BlackBerry Z10 is flawless. Anyway, since we'll be awaiting for BlackBerry OS 10.1 it will be available just in time for Christmas (or the real Mayan end of the world).
    04-02-13 08:36 AM
    Dunno what you're talking about, I love my dock hehe...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000019.jpg 
Views:	1021 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	146328
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000016.jpg 
Views:	1029 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	146329
    Hey! I recognize the paint colour on the wall, the door and baseboard trim, and the floor. I'll be visiting while you snooze. Ummm...don't get any ideas. ROFLMAO
    04-02-13 08:40 AM
    No, not unless you have the Transform case (and possibly the Flip?). I have a Transform case and it works flawlessly with it (was built with the dock in mind), but anything else and it won't fit properly as it is a very snug fit.

Edit - I don't have the Transform case on my phone in the pictures above, I didn't get it until a few days after I took those pics.
    What is the cost of this dock? Hope it is under $50.00 USD or is it special for employees and friends.
    04-02-13 08:41 AM
43 12