My 9700/9780 were bulletproof, the 9800 is very delicate! I've had to replace the faceplate buttons that peeled off and the slider has gotten very loose.

The 8700 was the best. I had one that spent the better part of a day at the bottom of a pool. I brought that little beast back to life about a year later when I was looking for a project to do. Had to replace the mic due to contact corrosion (and I replaced the housing seeing as I had torn it down already) but that was it. Took a little bit to get a PC to recognize it to reload the OS.

LazarusBerry is still going strong.
    Last edited by xandermac; 07-18-12 at 02:03 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-18-12 01:56 PM
    It's so true... When i see broken / damaged iPhone, mostly it will be a cracked screen...
    with Blackberry you will see a small scratch, that's it...
    07-18-12 05:11 PM
    BlackBerries are the "airplane black boxes" of the cellular world. Disaster may befall the device, but it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!
    07-18-12 05:43 PM
    While knowing that BB's are built like water-proof tanks, I still baby mine and have NEVER dropped it... Always carry it in a case, in my front pocket and hold it tightly when I'm using it.

My wife's BB though... I can't imagine the torment it has gone through... If I was her BB, I'll be suing her for abuse... But still, it still putters along like how a water-proof tank should.
    07-19-12 05:36 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD