Wi-fi on a cell phone is like putting a turbine on your bike.

Now, you can take off to distant places like VoIP, IM, social networking, webbrowsing.

The difference to 3G is that Wi-Fi is often for free.
    Last edited by berrywhite1; 06-10-09 at 06:21 PM.
    06-10-09 06:18 PM
    is wifi work on storm 9530
    Nope =/
    There is yet to be a BB on VZW with WiFi.
    But hope may be on the way...
    06-14-09 11:42 PM
    Dear CBs:

I am unclear on how to use Wifi Vs. Other Data. Becuase we don't have unlimited data plan through STC, I want to use Wifi whenever possible. However, if I set the default browser as Hotspot, I cannot access many of the launch icons, such as CB. When I do, it gives me a message stating that this is a Wifi service. However, if I set the default browser to Internet, then it works, but doesn't use Wifi. Please advise.

Thanks

Hassan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:10 PM
    you need a data plan.........that enbales your apps...but for those that will work on wifi make sure you have them set to work in wifi in the options of each app
    08-31-09 11:59 AM
    Hi buddy
    It is really nice idea to start forum or blog which only discuss about the wi-fi related issues an other stuff.
    since many users have wi-fi related issues so they can get quick solution of their proble.
    Let me know if there is something like this is there and I don't know.
    09-07-09 01:53 AM
    anybody have any experience with the skype usb phone adapter
    09-20-09 11:41 AM
    anybody have any experience with the skype usb phone adapter
    Yes, it uses 2.4 GHz and wipes out UMA on my BlackBerry. It is banned and getting dusty in the corner.

When It was working, it was never as clean as having a land line final connections from SkypeOut, but it worked. Australia free, pretty cool.

Sharing a laugh with a great grand daughter.... Priceless.
    10-02-09 10:42 AM
    This is a cool thread to have available. I have noticed that when my BOLD network setting is on 2g - only, my wifi seems to work better. Definitely saves the battery.
    10-02-09 11:12 AM
    Thank you thank you thank you. I get the idea of having WiFi on a phone and I assumed it was faster. But I get great coverage where I live regardless so I didn't quite understand why it was such a big deal. But if it is faster yet and free, then that is something that I can appreciate. Thanks much.
    12-07-09 12:43 AM
    Do I even have WiFi capabilities on my phone? Tour 9360
    12-23-09 10:27 AM
    This forum ought to be open to people that have the 9700, since we have WiFi. I'm sure that it hasn't been updated yet.
    12-27-09 09:46 AM
    Hi, all -

I am having trouble connecting to my in-home wi-fi network. Oddly, I can connect to my landlord's upstairs.

I am hoping there's someone smarter than me here who can help me get this figured out.

I appreciate your time!

Sue
    06-05-10 09:44 AM
    is wifi work on storm 9530
    This Storm 9530 owner wants to know the answer to this as well. I don't see this option listed in Setup --> Manage Connections or anywhere else, either.
    06-07-10 07:09 AM
    does 8820 have wifi? ,can it connect to the McDonald's free wifi spothot?
    08-04-10 03:25 AM
    I love the wifi on my 8530! I have the unlimited data but wifi is just so much faster. I had to school my wife and teenage son how to search for and use wifi at all times rather than the 3G.
    08-10-10 09:26 AM
    Gee, wonder where the 'complete guide to setting up wifi...etc' is now located? BB8530 got wifi but don't know how to set it to auto switch for max usage benefit. Don't even know how to set it up to actually use it. So where is that guide, anyway? or the school thing?
    08-20-10 09:08 PM
    Torch 9800 Chinese handwriting input software please advice.
    12-29-10 10:41 PM
    My wifi on my Curve 8530 is being screwy. It has worked perfectly since December, and now it says that "the network you are connected to appears to be a hotspot. Click wifi hotspot login to continue."
    So, when I click "wifi hotspot login" it brings me to a page that says "Your BlackBerry device is now connected to the internet." But this is not true, and my internet still will not work. My home internet has never made me do this, and now it is extremely annoying. Any help would be appreciated.
    06-10-11 09:54 PM
    Got a question on wifi, hopefully posting it in right spot. Got the bold 9700, got the company I work for set up wifi and I get nothing for youtube or tune in radio, one guy at work said there is a program- he refers to it as certification, and it will kook up wifi for you, can you explain, remember I am a novice so talk in simple terms, thanks much
    02-04-12 09:02 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD