Ok, ever since my first world edition BlackBerry, I have never seen this!

I have a 9900 and today I was dialling while looking at the screen, and I noticed where next to the red light, the small sensor flicker! I looked closer, apparently there's a very light red light that was flickering whenever there is data transmission from and to the phone! It has nothing to do with the flashing red, completely different thing.

Is this normal? I've never noticed that before!
    10-02-11 06:00 PM
    Ok, ever since my first world edition BlackBerry, I have never seen this!

I have a 9900 and today I was dialling while looking at the screen, and I noticed where next to the red light, the small sensor flicker! I looked closer, apparently there's a very light red light that was flickering whenever there is data transmission from and to the phone! It has nothing to do with the flashing red, completely different thing.

Is this normal? I've never noticed that before!
    That's the proximity sensor doing its job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 06:28 PM
    yea i noticed my proximity sensor flickering red non stop even while not on a phone call, not normal. reboot fixed that.
    10-02-11 06:52 PM
    yea i noticed my proximity sensor flickering red non stop even while not on a phone call, not normal. reboot fixed that.
    Yup had the same issue and a reboot actually didn't fix it permanently - I never bothered to get it fixed though because it didn't bother me enough to switch phones
    10-10-11 01:34 PM
    It's definitely the proximity sensor, but I've never seen it do that when I had my BB. My droid pro had that issue all the time where it would just stay on constantly. So there's nothing to really worry about as the battery pull/reboot should clear it.
    10-10-11 02:16 PM
    Yup I'm glad they thought of a way to keep me from face dialing! Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD