After upgrading to .607, when connecting via WiFi, my WiFi logo only shows up in gray when I am on the home page with only my bottom row of icons showing. If I open up all the icons by pressing on the screen or pressing the BB menu button, or if I have any folder open other than the home page, the WiFi logo changes to white.

Services Status shows connected to the WiFi even when the home screen with one row of icons showing, shows it grayed out.

Is this a known bug or is this how it is supposed to work or am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks.
    05-13-10 04:13 PM
    the logo should turn white and stay white at all times basically. if it doesnt then its disconnecting from the BIS server
    05-13-10 06:00 PM
    Mine turns grey in portrait because my wallpaper is green when I check my status its still connected to bis so it could be that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 08:25 PM
    Maybe it is the background but it is the same when a folder is open yet it shows up white.

05-13-10 08:28 PM
    Scratch the green wallpaper it does it with black too.White in landscape grey in portrait,check status if bis is connected your fine.

05-13-10 08:30 PM
    Mine has done that on the last few O/S's. It's very random, figured it was just a glitch. Doesn't hurt phone operation, still makes proper connections.

05-13-10 09:02 PM
    Glad to hear it is not just me and obviously a bug in the OS.

05-13-10 09:05 PM
    This is weird. I just connected to another WiFi network and it is white even in portrait.

What's up?

05-13-10 09:12 PM
    When the logo is white, if you go to Manage COnnections, then Services Status, under BIS is should say wireless connection or WIFI. WHen the logo is gray, if you go to Services Status under BIS it should say Mobile Network. If you are in Gray you are not connected via wifi properly. My phone takes 1-2 minutes to actually sync up with my router...so it's grey at first, then a minute or two later it goes white
    05-14-10 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD