Ive had the 8330 for a while, and my buddy has one too. I recently got the 8530 and I went to show him. he said "What does it do differently?" I sat there realizing that since the 8330 all of the other devices that RIM has made, (8530,9000,9630,9550,9700) do essentially nothing different. Yes it has wifi, yes it has a trackpad, yes its black instead of silver. But seriously, you would think that RIM could come up with something a little more groundbreaking in the course of two years than, a shiny 5.0 os with threaded messaging....

Am I missing something here?
    12-16-09 07:38 AM
    What other consumer products have changed significantly in two years? Other than brand new product introductions, it's all about evolution or continuous improvement.
    RIM did their new introductions with the Storm and Tour, and evolved the Curve.
    12-16-09 07:45 AM
    the curve evolved from a flash to no flash, and a slightly faster processor and maybe a minute software change (5.0)

It just makes me wonder, why do people upgrade from devices that are so similar to their previous products?

Android for instance has done leaps and bounds in their hardware and OS improvements.

why isnt RIM bring out a great bb?

why mess with 2mp cameras anymore or 3.2?

why are they not producing a bold 2, 9700 with an LED display, an improved browser, 5mp camera, high quality speakers, great solid hardware..

you would think they would make tons of money on one great device like that.
    12-16-09 09:19 AM
    There's also the economy in general. People are spending less on just about everything this year. Not a good time to bring out a super high end anything.
    12-16-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD