I have just installed BB Protect on my brand new Torch . It installs well but when I attempt to do a backup it goes upto abt 88% then gives the following error NullPointerException: Java.Lang.NullPointerException. I've tried rebooting the handset and reloading the software but the problem persists. Pls help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 07:28 AM
    try and see at what point in the back-up the app is crashing i.e. what it is in the process of backing up? email, callendar, txt etc.... i have read that other users had issued when backing up the txt messages. apparently there was a rogue txt causing issues.. it was remedied by deleting old texts, and it worked afterwards...

try and see where it freezes, and clean-up the area being backed up...
    05-02-11 06:38 PM
    The BB Protect keeps bombing me out with the NullPointerException error when backing up the text messages. So I deleted the text messages and it worked but tried to re-run a backup after a few days and it once again gives me the same error. Please help!!! I'm going crazy.

05-05-11 01:01 PM
    Isn't there a control option on the PC side of the account to choose what you want backed up? If so, uncheck the txt messages part.

Oops, it's not there- it's on the Desktop Manager... my bad.
    Last edited by rgorman; 05-05-11 at 01:11 PM.
    05-05-11 01:09 PM
    I also had the same Problem on my Bold 9650. I first tried selecting not to back-up my texts, but it did not work. Then I did as recommended and deleted all texts and it worked as it was supposed to and backed-up my texts as well.
    Thanks for the insight.

05-29-11 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD