I have been using google maps but I read that BB maps is better and so is Nav4All. I got em both and neither can use my GPS to find where I am, but google maps can... Whats goin on???
    12-15-08 05:40 AM
    You probably need to set the permissions to allow them access to your gps .. i used nav4all on my old blackberry.

Blackberry/google maps is diff to nav4all though. The two map apps are just that where as the nav4all is a turn by turn voiced sat nav system .. nowhere near as polished as google maps but does what google maps doesnt do.
    12-15-08 05:45 AM
    You probably need to set the permissions to allow them access to your gps .. i used nav4all on my old blackberry.

Blackberry/google maps is diff to nav4all though. The two map apps are just that where as the nav4all is a turn by turn voiced sat nav system .. nowhere near as polished as google maps but does what google maps doesnt do.
    How do I allow access? It usually prompts it but either it didn't prompt or the prompt didn't work. How can I do it manually?
    12-15-08 05:48 AM
    So what You are saying is on VZW I am a sucker to pay for their nav program?
    12-15-08 05:51 AM
    Its in options somewhere .. security in advanced options .. get mine today so not got one to check on for you at the min.
    12-15-08 05:51 AM
    Sorry to be the one to tell you but yeah there are a few free ones like nav4all and amazeGPS! cancel ur payment ASAP if u like em
    12-15-08 05:55 AM

Havent a clue as i havent used it, but what i can say is nav4all worked for me in the uk .. it did its job.

Gav
    12-15-08 06:00 AM
    Its in options somewhere .. security in advanced options .. get mine today so not got one to check on for you at the min.
    I did it and it still failed, then I pulled battery and tried again and still failed... but google map still works!?!?!
    12-15-08 07:22 AM
    I did it and it still failed, then I pulled battery and tried again and still failed... but google map still works!?!?!
    Did you refresh your GPS (while standing outside of course)?
    12-15-08 07:30 AM
    Did you refresh your GPS (while standing outside of course)?
    Ah maybe its a indoor problem thanks!!
    12-15-08 07:39 AM
    Ah maybe its a indoor problem thanks!!
    This explains a lot.

Google maps finds you because it can use cell tower triangulation which gets you close to your location but not as close as GPS.
    12-15-08 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD