I'm on a Storm9530, whenever I access the web, I am routed to a Canadian version of the site and/or online forms have Canada preselected as my country. This was not that big a deal until I started being blocked from downloading certain videos or software because the site said I was outside the US. Verizon had no clue. They are sending me a new unit but couldn't determine if the problem was device specific or a network problem. Anyone else heard of this?
    05-05-09 06:38 PM
    Any chance you are picking up a tower in Canada?
    05-05-09 07:09 PM
    Me too. I blame it on RIM being Canadian.
    05-05-09 07:12 PM
    lmao what areas are you located in some of our towers/network segments have been routed to Bell Mobility today to resolve a nationwide outage we are working to resolve the issue As soon as we can

as i am a level 3 Network tech i am working to help resolve it...All of our reps have been notifyed of this and shold relay the message
    05-05-09 07:18 PM
    I'm in DC, and it always says I'm in Canada, not just today!
    05-05-09 07:30 PM
    lmao what areas are you located in some of our towers/network segments have been routed to Bell Mobility today to resolve a nationwide outage we are working to resolve the issue As soon as we can

as i am a level 3 Network tech i am working to help resolve it...All of our reps have been notifyed of this and shold relay the message
    I have had this problem since getting the device at the end of march. I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday and they could not figure out the issue. If its a network prob as you say the tech support people ought to be advised of this. It sounds like getting a new device isn't going to fix the prob.
    05-06-09 12:46 AM
    Your likely browsing through the RIM infrastructure proxies, in Waterloo, ON.
    05-06-09 10:02 AM
    As CanuckBB mentioned, RIMs servers are located in Canada, and the web browser proxies through there. RIM's servers are able to compress the site so that it downloads to your phone faster.
    05-06-09 11:09 AM
    I knew it!
    05-06-09 11:43 AM
    Ya canada! lol I guess that doesn't help ur situation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 11:47 AM
    Blame Canada, my work is another Canadian based company and our network always takes us to Canadian versions.
    05-06-09 11:47 AM
    Your likely browsing through the RIM infrastructure proxies, in Waterloo, ON.
    Using an ip-lookup site, I've confirmed your suspicion. On the site I was able to get the email of the ip admin for RIM. I will post if I
    hear anything.
    05-07-09 12:32 AM
    Although the issue wasn't resolve, the tech support person as verizon was extremely helpful.
    I had to say this because so may people seem to come on here t just be negative. Sure my problem wasn't solved but
    the verizon tech spent nearly two hours with me trying to solve the problem.
    It now seems clear that this is a RIM rather than a verizon issue and I can only hope to report that they are as willing
    to help as verizon.
    05-07-09 06:26 AM
    Any updates on this issue? I'm having the same problems with my new Bold 9650. It triggers security features on certain sites - including Facebook!
    08-24-10 01:50 PM
    This is a known problem, some websites have figured ways around it though. NBC mobile after a LONG LONG battle has finally (sometimes, cause often it STILL don't work right for OTHER reasons) started giving us access to videos. As others have said the RIM servers compress and route our web requests and to most web sites it appears that we are browsing from canada. Some sites though have figured out a way to get geographic info either from RIM or from other means and ARE giving out content to those of us on BBs.
    08-24-10 04:30 PM
    I get it too. It makes me laugh sometimes (usually not tho).
    At least Paypal doesn't put my account on hold when I buy something thru it tho, like they did when I used bolt
    08-24-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD