Some sites load the mobile pages when I connect on my BB 9780 with the BB browser on the device. I know some like it to have the mobile web pages, but I prefer to see the web pages in the standard/regular form? How? Is there a way to connect to the regular web page? Would other browsers like Opera Mini have the same issue? Thanks.
    01-18-11 09:35 PM
    Change the internet browser setting to something besides "blackberry" and it should load full websites
    01-18-11 09:42 PM
    Note that for some sites though, it will destroy the browser and slow it to a crawl.
    Last edited by yehrulz; 01-18-11 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    E-Phone likes this.
    01-18-11 09:51 PM
    I believe Opera Mini will also load the mobile version if one is available.

You might like Bolt. It loads pages like on a desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    E-Phone likes this.
    01-18-11 09:53 PM
    Change the internet browser setting to something besides "blackberry" and it should load full websites
    With this setting, can I still use the device browser or should I use a different browser like Opera or Bolt?
    01-18-11 09:57 PM
    Try using the device browser with it set to FireFox. All that setting does it changes what browser the BB emulates. Like IE to let you access IE-only stuff.
    01-18-11 09:58 PM
    Trying to change internet setting to FireFox (or some other besides BlackBerry), but I cannot seem to get the right page to do it. What is the way to do it?
    01-18-11 10:06 PM
    Trying to change internet setting to FireFox (or some other besides BlackBerry), but I cannot seem to get the right page to do it. What is the way to do it?
    This option is not available on OS6. It was on older OS's but it was removed from OS6. There is not much you can do except to look for a link on the mobile site to the full site. Most sites will have the link and good ones will remember your choice for future visits.
    01-19-11 12:12 AM
    Thank you. Before your note, I was on the phone with T-Mobile representative for about 45 minutes and RIM rep for another 30 minutes. They could not come up with a way to change the internet browser setting to something different from "blackberry". Now, I undersnat that the option is not available on OS 6 (BB9780). Too bad. There must be a reason, not clear to me, not having it on this new phone while the older ones had it.
    01-19-11 12:43 AM
    damn i wasnt even thinking OS 6, my bad!
    01-19-11 05:25 AM
    damn i wasnt even thinking OS 6, my bad!
    Did someone leave the platform before 6.0 came out!
    01-19-11 12:35 PM
    i still dont have a device that os 6 would run on
    01-19-11 12:40 PM
    I too have this issue I try to find RSS feed while on a page, but the mobile version never have the RSS feeds available. With the full sites I just hit BB menu then scroll down to the option Subscribe to RSS. some times going to the address bar at top and deleteing the M, infront of the mobile site name, and replacing it with WWW will work not on all sites though.
    01-19-11 01:38 PM
    Bolt on OS6 will display the full site. Or, as said, go to the bottom of the mobile webpage and choose the "full site" link.
    01-19-11 01:39 PM
    Bolt on OS6 will display the full site. Or, as said, go to the bottom of the mobile webpage and choose the "full site" link.
    Does this "full site" linlk at the bottom show only when you use Bolt?
    01-19-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD