Not sure which one to use, which do you prefer?
    02-23-09 03:39 PM
    I use the one that came with my blackberry. I see no reason to use anything else, it works fine for me.........
    02-23-09 03:42 PM
    BB web browser works great for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 03:42 PM
    I mostly use the native browser, but sometimes Opera mini.
    02-23-09 04:12 PM
    I use the bb browser. I do have Opera mini but only use it on certain sites.
    02-23-09 04:13 PM
    I use the standard BB Browser 50% of the time and I use Bolt the other 50% of the time.
    02-23-09 04:49 PM
    My browser use is: Opera mini (%75), BB browser (%25).
    02-23-09 05:48 PM
    BB Browser (95%) Opera (5%)
    02-23-09 07:25 PM
    75% opera 25% BB

02-23-09 08:04 PM
    I used bolt, but it was too slow for my needs. But now I use opera most of the time. If I need to download something, or check facebook, i use the default browser.
    02-23-09 08:13 PM
    I use my bb browser and opera mini ...
    02-23-09 08:23 PM
    Opera 60%, Bolt 30%, BB Browser 10%. I have issues w/ PWs and logins as if I log in to w/ one browser, it logs me out with the rest. Not switching back and forth, despite wanting to do it, saves time.

02-23-09 08:36 PM
    Opera Mini 80% BB Browser 20%
    02-23-09 11:44 PM
    Default browser. Testing Bolt Browser. Never understood why
    Opera Mini is thought of so highly, it really is no better than the
    default browser.
    02-23-09 11:56 PM
    i use the native browser. tried out bolt, it was a little too slow on my phone... keeping my fingers crossed for something better
    02-24-09 12:24 AM
    I use the default browser most of the time. I do have Opera mini in case I need to visit a site that doesn't jive with the default browser.

I'm not really sure why people like Opera so much...I find it to be quite sluggish.

02-24-09 12:57 AM
    I use Opera/Bolt/BB at 60%/30%10%. I use the original BB browser only when I want to download something OTA and other browsers made trouble. I use the Bolt browser whenever I am on wifi and want to see a "real" page". Otherwise, I use Opera.

The huge advantage of Opera compared to the original BB browser is that you have the directional keys for scrolling. I find scrolling on the original browser way too annoying.
    02-24-09 01:02 AM
    I use BB Browser and Opera Mini Both About 50-50.
    02-24-09 01:03 AM
    I use opera unless its for Crackberry.com or twinsbaseball.net Because they are pre loaded default! Opera is GREAT if you use the Buttons to move Faster 2 for page up 8 for page down 6 for page right 4 for page left!
    02-24-09 01:21 AM
    Default browser. I've installed Opera Mini but just can't warm up to it. Except for one banking website where the default browser will not authenticate regardless of any settings I can find, whereas Opera logs in like butter. Go figure.

02-24-09 01:26 AM
    I used bolt, but it was too slow for my needs. But now I use opera most of the time. If I need to download something, or check facebook, i use the default browser.
    I just downloaded bolt and it's great. I also have opera mini installed. Bolt is pretty quick on my Bold. My web pages reach 14% download and it stops for a second, and then it load s everything all in one shot very quickly. I would say it's a little better than opera. But all in all nothing compares to using a desktop computer.
    02-24-09 01:33 AM
    Bold browser rules. Opera is too clunky, bolt is too random. The bold one is fastest for me, just a pain that some sites can only be accessed (poorly) via opera or bolt.

02-24-09 03:30 AM
    Bold browser rules. Opera is too clunky, bolt is too random. The bold one is fastest for me, just a pain that some sites can only be accessed (poorly) via opera or bolt.

Its just like you said, some websites don't work that great with the bold's web browser. Like this one here at crackberry for me. I tried to click on the link to respond in my email, but it took forever. Kept getting that rotating clock popping up in my screen. So I logged into my email account through the bolt browser, and I'm replying to your response through there. I have no problems with the Bold browser, that's when its working the way I want it to. I'm just glad I have the option to choose between the 3 I have now. Muy choice would be the Bold browser, and then the bolt. Opera was cool until I discoveres bolt. The thing I don't like about opera is tha it only gives you 1 zoom in option. Its either all the way in, or all the way out which makes it imposible to see anything. And the scrolling with the track ball is a bit wierd. But now that I have bolt, I might be saying goodbye to opera. Bolt gives you the true desktop feel next to the bold.
    02-24-09 03:47 AM
    Opera for all websites and the standard BB one for crackberry

02-24-09 06:08 AM
    I use the BB browser for 99% of my web browsing but use opera if for some reason the BB browser takes a wobbler on a website.

I also use opera to post replies on this forum due to the word wrap problem with the BB browser.

Does anyone know if using opera uses data outside of your BB data plan i.e. Does it connect direct to your carrier?

02-24-09 06:48 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD