I installed Weatherbug a few weeks back after seeing some threads about it being a useful application. My husband recently reminded me that it has a reputation as a purveyor of malware/spyware on PC's at least. I did some googling and noticed they are trying to clear their name, but don't know if that's been successful. Some say it isn't spyware, others say it used to be but still has shady practices, etc.

So is it safe for Blackberries?
    06-29-08 12:30 PM
    I have used it on both my devices without issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 12:32 PM
    Thanks, Jennifer. That's what I wanted to know. I don't like those sorts of practices either.
    06-29-08 09:05 PM
    That's interesting. It would be nice if someone who knows code could take a look and see if there's anything fishy.

I personally use WB because Weather Eye doesn't find my city and I've been pleased with its results. I would be a tad upset if it turns out to be malicious.

06-29-08 09:15 PM
    Do you subscribe without incident or just use the trial?
    06-29-08 09:16 PM

regardless, of what jennnifer said, I've used them w/no problem either...
    06-29-08 09:16 PM
    I have the full version specifically for blackberry devices. Never had a single issue here.

06-29-08 09:17 PM
    I personally use WB because Weather Eye doesn't find my city and I've been pleased with its results. I would be a tad upset if it turns out to be malicious.
    Malicious? No. Unfortunate and sometimes annoying practices... maybe. I'm curious to try it myself and take a gander at its behavior but I'm wondering if the current "happy" users are subscribers which would match their Pro behavior which is a-OK to the best of my knowledge.
    06-29-08 09:17 PM
    wow i have never think about that , thanks to bring it up...
    06-29-08 09:40 PM
    I didn't mean to imply "malicious" necessarily. I just generally find adware, spam and anything else that interrupts me to be generally infuriating
    I'm with you, it's annoying as sh*t and underhanded as f*ck.
    06-29-08 09:48 PM
    theweathernetwork .com/mobile/downloads

This is what I use...I have never had a problem with it, on my desktop or blackberry.

Hope that helps.
    06-30-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD