Why is everyone so into the silicon skins? Is it just for the colors? They really don't protect the device if you drop it other than the sides and back.

Last edited by Zaakir Abdullah; 07-15-09 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-15-09 04:45 PM
    Why is everyone so into the silicon skins? Is it just for the colors? They really don't protect the device if you drop it other than the sides ans back.

You just answered your own question.

People don't want to scratch the bezel.
    07-15-09 04:46 PM
    True, I'd think people would be more concerned with the screen though. The skins do nothing to protect the screen or keys from being damaged.

I personally like slide in cases as they enclose the entire device.

07-15-09 04:50 PM
    I just use my OEM leather holster that came with my phone.

If I drop the phone (which I have numerous times) I couldn't care less.
    07-15-09 04:52 PM
    True, I'd think people would be more concerned with the screen though. The skins do nothing to protect the screen or keys from being damaged.

I personally like slide in cases as they enclose the entire device.

are those cases that hook on your belt or do you slide your BB in like you would the OEM sleeve that comes with the curves?
    07-15-09 04:53 PM
    No belt attachment, you just slide the unit in. It has a flap that opens. U slide in the device, and close the flap back. 360* of protection, screen and all.
    07-15-09 05:01 PM
    bummer i want just a sleeve i can slip in my pocket that covers the whole phone .... but cant seem to find any all the ones i see just leave the tip of the phone hangin out.
    07-15-09 05:04 PM
    bummer i want just a sleeve i can slip in my pocket that covers the whole phone .... but cant seem to find any all the ones i see just leave the tip of the phone hangin out.
    Yeah thats how the 8900 factory cases are. That so stupid they leave the top of the device exposed.
    07-15-09 05:13 PM
    Silicone case plus an invisible shield = the best!

The case adds a little grip so it doesn't slip out of your hands
    07-15-09 10:02 PM
    I don't use the oem case and rarely use the silicone one I bought. I hate using the oem case since I feel like I'm going to break my phone taking it out and putting it in. The silicone case makes it feel too bulky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 12:14 AM
    Yeah with the oem sleeve you have to break it in mine slips in no problem now
    You

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 12:36 AM
    Well I have an indestructaberry that likes to take showers and was once thrown at a lamp (the only thing that ever harmed it, because now it randomly screams at me with full static during calls, it really hurts your ears!)

Speak for yourself Curve owner! :P I would've liked the common size Berries but with every phone I've had they just keep getting smaller. Holding the Curve up to my ear feels like talking into a sticky pad. Thank God for SureType!
    07-16-09 03:01 AM
    I like to use a silicone skin + screen protector + a horizontal leather holster.

It's too easy for the phone to slip out of your hands when taking it out of the leather case without the extra grip the skin provides.
    07-16-09 03:04 AM
    I personally like the way they make the phone feel in my hands and that is why I use them. I also get bored with phones easily so I like being able to change colors anytime I feel like it.
    07-16-09 03:36 AM
    Silicone case plus an invisible shield = the best!

The case adds a little grip so it doesn't slip out of your hands
    Bingo! this is why I like them. However I got one of the Otter boxes for my 8900 Best of both worlds even if it is a bit on the bulky side.

-Planefixer
    07-16-09 04:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD