Welcome to We-Travel !
    Free navigation, 3D maps, voice guidance and tourist information always available on your java enabled mobile phone, without network connection

We-Travel is a personal initiative to develop a free navigation solution for Java enabled mobile phones. To complete this initiative, we need your help.

If you are looking for a bullet proof navigation system, please take a look here.

The key features of We-travel are :
    Turn-by-Turn Voice Guided Navigation :
    Based on your location, We-Travel gives you clear voice directions to reach your destination in an optimal way, either by car, bike or foot, supported by a 3D 'bird's eye' rotating map display.

Always Available :
    All map data is stored locally on your phone. This ensures We-Travel works offline in places where there is no mobile phone reception, abroad or in the countryside. And as a plus, there are no telecom costs associated with route calculation or map display ! (except for online services, like weather information,...)

Free :
    We-Travel is a free navigation software for java enabled mobile phones, based on map data from Open Street Map. No good map navigation maps available for your area ? Help Open Street Map ! Our map download server provides up to date maps for most of the world. Note that due to bandwidth restrictions, the number of free download slots is restricted. Our paying map download services should allow you to donwload maps at any time for a small amount.

New Features :
    Current We-Travel versions also offer :

* Track recording
    * Fully customizable map, skin, menu and theme layouts
    * Possibility to visualise raster maps from various sources
    * Track graphs showing track overview, speed and altitude profiles
    * Possiblity to download rich POI descriptions from Wikipedia, Wikitravel, ...
    * Online/offline reporting of speed camera's or your favorite places
    * Enhanced reality POI superimposition on camera image (on selected phones)
    * Satellite view, along with the sun, the moon and major star constellations
    * Possibiliy to develop additional screens as plugins
    * Possibility to follow a pre recorded track
    * Support for Garmin and TomTom POI formats
    * Uploading and sharing of track on the We-Travel website

==========================

note:
    i asked the guys to help them out with a working torrent, but i have no answer yet.
    but i think/hope it's ok.

this is the (nearly) complete pack with all maps and stuff, which i could download, because their server breaks most of the time.

in the zip-file is the torrent file, for the whole pack

should work with:

9500 storm
    9520 storm 2
    8900 curve
    9000 bold
    9700 bold 2

w995
    SE-G705
    SE K880
    LG KC910 Renoir
    sony ericsson c702

installing:

tested on blackberry 9700 (bold 2)
    firmware: Blackberry9700AllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1111_PL5.1.0.153 _A5.0.0.656

1.) extract the wetravel directory from to_sdcard.7z to the root of your sdcard
    the tree should look like this:
    sdcard/wetravel/Atlases
    /Config
    /CurrentTraces
    etc.

2.) choose your desired map pack(s) and unpack the dir in the .7z to sdcard/wetravel/Maps/
    the tree should look like this:
    sdcard/wetravel/Maps/China
    sdcard/wetravel/Maps/India
    sdcard/wetravel/Maps/Germany_OSM_241209

etc.

3.) unpack main_app.7z to a tempdir on your pc, maybe c:/navi

(here i assume, you have installed the newest BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1)

connect your bb-device

install the BBLight manually with the Desktop Manager, reboot your device if needed (this app is to keep on the backlight, which still isn't working properly in WE Travel)

install BBSAKv1.5_Installer.msi and run it

enter your bb-password, otherwise leave blank

click on Install COD, choose the WeTravelMidletSuite.cod (here it's going buggy again, i reconnected the device once, with the second try it worked.)

if you see 3 items in the download folder on your device (hw, RecorderMidlet and WeTravelMain), your done with the hard work.

4.) run WeTravelMain

if it asks to search for root, say no

go to menu->settings->advanced->files

go INTO! sdcard/wetravel/ and choose 'set we-travel root'

restart WeTravelMain

go to menu->settings->advanced->screen details

choose your language, skin, menu and theme

i suggest you try skin:commuter, menu:menucarbon26, theme:blue for best results on the 9700

it's important, that you press bb-key and then choose ok to save the config you made

restart WeTravelMain

go to menu->settings->advanced->map config

choose your map, bb-key, ok

restart WeTravelMain

go to menu->settings->gps

choose internal gps (jsr-179), bb-key, ok

go to menu->settings->screen->sound

choose your favourite voice (BUT never use mp3-voice, it will crash the whole bb. i included this to have a complete package for other mobile phones, where it should work)

5.) configure bblights to your needs and have fun navigating
    if you want to add maps, simply extract the map like in part 2 and choose it in WeTravel

=================================

for other phones:

same procedure as in part 1 and 2 then use the jad and jar files. nokias will install them automatically, when run in the phone explorer.

i didn't try this, so i can't tell if the configuration works the same on other mobile phones.
    06-09-10 04:28 AM
    Sounds interesting for those without data or in areas where maps might not be available from the normal map sources. But the install does sound a bit complex and then there are those who would not trust the idea of using Torrents.

Let's see if anyone gets it up and running and comments on it.
    06-09-10 10:29 AM
    But the install does sound a bit complex and then there are those who would not trust the idea of using Torrents.
    it only sounds that way. installing tomtom on win mobile is nearly the same

and for the torrent:

i was the initial seeder, so there are no fake files.
    and it isn't illegal to use torrents with freeware
    06-09-10 05:27 PM
    I tried loading the torrent yet it does not have any tracker loaded.

Could you also add the instructions using files from we-travel.co.cc??? The software looks interesting, any idea what's the source of their map information?

Thanks!

Jose
    06-10-10 12:39 AM
    heya, try these trackers.
    change hxxp to http, i can't post urls yet

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

hxxp://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce

hxxp://exodus.1337x.org/announce

hxxp://tracker.publicbt.com/announce

hxxp://nemesis.1337x.org/announce

hxxp://tracker.publicbt.com/announce

hxxp://genesis.1337x.org:1337/announce

hxxp://denis.stalker.h3q.com/announce

also added the manual, but it's nearly the same. most information i have from the forum there.

the maps are created from the users and the source is openstreetmaps (osm)

there is also a mapgenerator available, but you need a running mysql database (preferred on localhost)
    06-10-10 06:49 AM
    I have a suggestion for every poster here. Instead of posting a torrent link, why not whoever first downloaded from torrent re-upload it (as zip file) to Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filesonic, Fileserve, Hotfile, ... so that others can download it from these share file servers WITHOUT going through the torrent again. It would be more helpful that way.
    04-24-11 06:27 PM
    I have a suggestion for every poster here. Instead of posting a torrent link, why not whoever first downloaded from torrent re-upload it (as zip file) to Rapidshare, Megaupload, Filesonic, Fileserve, Hotfile, ... so that others can download it from these share file servers WITHOUT going through the torrent again. It would be more helpful that way.
    +1 - Anybody?
    04-25-11 06:07 PM
    Because torrents are cool and easy to use, not to mention they don't waste space on servers.

Now...any news on this? I finally decoded the instructions and got those three files in my download folder (once I forced a *.cod file that was signed that I got from another site), but they don't execute. Not sure if I got a bogus file or if I went astray someplace along the way. Would like to get it working, though.

Also, where can I get more maps. Some of those are extremely useful, but missing some mainstream destinations.
    08-22-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD