I dont have many posts, but i come to this forum every day. And every day the overwhelming negativity on this forum is rediculous. Almost every second post is somebody complaining about something and ill be honest ive done it myself! But at the end of the day i couldnt go without my blackberry. I am addicted to my Playbook. Yes there are things that need to be improved on but no matter what there is always going to be something that can be approved on. No matter how much people complain its rediculous to think that RIM doesnt already know the areas they need to improve on. If your so upset by the way RIM is being run or the missed deadlines or whatever it is then go and get another phone until you like what you see. But stop thinking EVERYONE needs to see how your not pleased! You have the freedom to not be a blackberry customer anymore!

If i wasnt a die hard RIM fan id take one look at the posts on this board and jump ship due to the insane amount of negative posts. Your doing more harm then good to the brand. If you want RIM to succeed then change your outlook and start looking at it as the glass is half full. And if you think there is no future, do us all a favor and leave the forums to people who really want to be here.
    Jake2826, PTZ, ssc13 and 7 others like this.
    10-21-11 02:52 AM
    I'm just like you. Not many posts, but I come to this site and forum several times a day, as well as to the other websites concerning the Blackberry phones and tablet.
    I'm not quite interested in the Blackberry phones (at least until they will run QNX) as I'm interested in the Playbook. That's because after more then twenty years of working in the IT business I can recognize a great piece of hardware running a great piece of software.
    But to get back to your complains about the negativity in this forum I must say that even the biggest fans of BB are sick of broken promises, unrespected schedule of delivery, bad marketing decission, s.o.
    I for one will buy a Playbook if they come up with the Email, PIM, Contacts and all the normal stuff that should be native on any tablet. It's unexceptable after all this time to still keep us in the dark with the native applications on the tablet. I don't want to pay anything to RIM for Internet, email or messenger, especially in this period of economic turmoil, so I want to use my iPhone for Internet connection when WiFi is unavailable. It works great without Bridge or any other software gizmos.
    So, RIM start giving us the right things or you'll lose everything.
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-21-11 04:09 AM
    I agree. RIM did this to themselves. Treating customers like dirt for years! Finally catching up with them. Serves them right! They want my money? They have to earn it!!! I won't give it to them just because they slap BLACKBERRY ON IT!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by West Coast Flavor; 10-21-11 at 04:39 AM.
    K Bear likes this.
    10-21-11 04:35 AM
    Well its also cause we have a bazillion trolls

10-21-11 05:24 AM
    I agree with AlexCEO. Just because you were once a RIM fan, doesn't mean they have your business for life.

The negativity will stop when RIM starts making good on promises and delivering products that compete. The 99xx doesn't compete against iPhone. If someone from RIM wants to know why, I would gladly fly to Canada to show them how they are lagging.

K Bear likes this.
    10-21-11 07:04 AM
    Well to be fair to those who are Crackberry people, who've been posting here for whatever reason. My guess is to discuss matters of Blackberry, lol.
    Although since they have been with BB for so long, and seeing how competition is passing us by. It gets hard to express ones self with positive feedback, especially when your stuck on a contract and as said... the world passes you by.

My guess, they're not used to being on the bottom of recommended phone list. Now they're just getting sick of holding it in.
    Also this is just an opinion... as what forums are for, expressing and discussing.
    Last edited by Venichie; 10-21-11 at 07:19 AM.
    10-21-11 07:14 AM
    Read some of my recent posts, they reflect what the OP said. And it's sad that the initial reaction of new members, or potential BB owners, is the trashing of RIM on this site. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing (respectfully), or offering a different view of things. But some people are clearly here to disrupt threads and inject negativity into an otherwise good post.

The CB moderators are AWOL on this. The post new forum guidelines and rules and are absent when it comes to enforcing them. I understand there's no pay involved, and it's very time consuming. But allow other members to help you out.

You cannot get through one post without the usual members popping in to take the post off topic and suck all the air out of it. You cannot find what you are looking for anymore because you have to weed through pages and pages of garbage.

And I have see an increase of posts similar to what the OP said. It's a big issue and CB needs to start doing something about it. And if they are not, had the controls over to someone that will.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-21-11 09:30 AM
    If you have legit issues with your device and are looking for help then go ahead and post your issues so you can get some help. Thats a world apart from starting a thread saying "RIM sucks why are we still here" or "Does anyone else feel screwed by RIM". I get it there is bad feelings but why clutter the boards up with it?? Why beat a dead horse. When i come to this site it would be awesome to see actual blackberry news instead of a thousand threads of why some guy is switching and how RIM is crap now. Thats all.
    lotuslanderz, PTZ and NickA like this.
    10-21-11 12:49 PM
    Nice job devin, enjoyable reading, keep up the good, positive posts man!
    10-21-11 12:54 PM
    Nice job devin, enjoyable reading, keep up the good, positive posts man!

+1 to that, my thoughts exactly. I should put a link to post #8 in my signature, and just pass it along when I see they type of posts you are talking about.
    10-21-11 01:02 PM
    Lol, although it is a positive post. It's sad to see someone sticking up against negative reviews, when the place he's posting is dedicated to a place who have addiction to the product.
    As I said, it's probably cause they've been with BB so long, and posted they're feelings or opinions here before. Although these are bad times for RIM, and just as a Kingdom or Nation. No one wants to see themselves go to the top, to the bottom... then stay they're, and begin their 4th year there.
    10-21-11 06:27 PM
    If you have legit issues with your device and are looking for help then go ahead and post your issues so you can get some help. Thats a world apart from starting a thread saying "RIM sucks why are we still here" or "Does anyone else feel screwed by RIM". I get it there is bad feelings but why clutter the boards up with it?? Why beat a dead horse. When i come to this site it would be awesome to see actual blackberry news instead of a thousand threads of why some guy is switching and how RIM is crap now. Thats all.
    The other side of that coin is people are entitled according to free speech. Who are you to tell people what they can or can't write? You have the option to either not read it, put the bad ones in a ignore list or report anything you consider needs Mod attention like personal attacks.

Because someone (and just because there are lots of them) posts their disappointment with RIM here is actually using the board - and guess what - that's where the forum owners get their return here - from it being used.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-21-11 07:00 PM
    Ok for one..... there are threads that are stickied for people with complaints to post in and threads stickied for people who are switching phones to post in...... So obviously the MODS have figured out a way to handle the flood of negativity. Yet for some reason people still feel the need to post the same things over and over and over again in a new thread. I agree everyone is entitled to your whole "free speech" idea. But put them in the threads mods have already dedicated for them to be in! Your missing the point.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-21-11 07:09 PM
    Ok for one..... there are threads that are stickied for people with complaints to post in and threads stickied for people who are switching phones to post in...... So obviously the MODS have figured out a way to handle the flood of negativity. Yet for some reason people still feel the need to post the same things over and over and over again in a new thread. I agree everyone is entitled to your whole "free speech" idea. But put them in the threads mods have already dedicated for them to be in! Your missing the point.
    You mean like your messages?
    10-21-11 07:14 PM
    i have like what under 30 posts lol nice try buddy.
    10-21-11 07:16 PM
    Actually, re-reading your post - you aren't complaining so much about the content. More the untidiness of the naughty posters?
    10-21-11 07:16 PM
    what im saying is that there are places set up for people to post their complaints in and places to post that they are switching phones. But for some reason they choose to flood the forums with their own new post saying the same old things over and over. Im not saying peope dont have the right to complain but do it in the threads mods have set aside for you and keep the main areas open for people who want to come to crackberry and enjoy the site rather then seeing 1000000 negative posts over and over. It does more harm to the image of RIM then good and those people are not helping the situation any. Pretty simple and not unreasonable in the least.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-21-11 07:22 PM
    Here's a good place:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

It's a "Bye Bye RIM" thread. Members can post and commensurate with other members about how much they hate their BB and how awesome their next phone will be.
    10-21-11 07:26 PM
    Yeah, probably not, but wouldn't the world be a boring place if everyone subscribed to the same dictatorial rules. Luckily, no one has to read them.
    10-21-11 07:29 PM
    Yeah, probably not, but wouldn't the world be a boring place if everyone subscribed to the same dictatorial rules. Luckily, no one has to read them.
    Yes, and I don't mind different thoughts and opinions. But some of the posts here are clearly just to agitate other members.

In a thread that got deleted, an iPhone owner said she came to this forum because the iPhone forum was boring because the iPhone is great and there are no complaints (paraphrasing). A post like that will start the flaming, and it's downhill from there.

But a good, intelligent debate about a topic is always welcomed.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-21-11 07:32 PM
    By the way Devin, great music...
    10-21-11 07:33 PM
    They are, as devin called me, trolls. You're gonna get them guys. On really busy boards like this one, more so. It doesn't matter whether RIMs fortunes are up or down they will exist. There are pro RIM trolls too.

Let the mods do their job. Report what you think is personal (like calling someone names) and move on with your lives. Get used to the Ignore feature. It works really well!
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-21-11 07:37 PM
    They are, as devin called me, trolls. You're gonna get them guys. On really busy boards like this one, more so. It doesn't matter whether RIMs fortunes are up or down they will exist. There are pro RIM trolls too.

Let the mods do their job. Report what you think is personal (like calling someone names) and move on with your lives. Get used to the Ignore feature. It works really well!
    How can someone with a NY Yankees pic be a troll!
    10-21-11 07:45 PM
    And yet we're not in the WS. I may go --- troll --- the Texas Rangers site.
    10-21-11 07:55 PM
    The other side of that coin is people are entitled according to free speech. Who are you to tell people what they can or can't write? You have the option to either not read it, put the bad ones in a ignore list or report anything you consider needs Mod attention like personal attacks.

Because someone (and just because there are lots of them) posts their disappointment with RIM here is actually using the board - and guess what - that's where the forum owners get their return here - from it being used.
    But there is a big difference between posting a disappointment vs. posting a totally negative comment as your 2nd post here in the forums, which I see all the time. Constructive criticism can be a positive force for change, hatred or 100% negative posts produce nothing positive at all.
    10-22-11 07:39 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD