Oh and the whole "I use a Blackberry cause I own an enterprise and don't need a toy" line is beyond tired. I have plenty of customers that run their businesses just fine on their Android/iPhone devices. That obnoxious statement is no better than the elitist attitude that iOS owners have
    vrs626 and cbreze like this.
    04-07-12 03:27 AM
    Question: I see a lot of "You aren't using the newer Blackberry devices" remark being thrown up like it changes the whole experience. Are there more apps or something? More people using BBM? I know that everything moves faster now but that's not the gripe that I see consistently. I see a lot of people anxiously waiting on an overhaul
    Depends on what the end user is wanting. If one compares apps then there is no contest between os7 devices and ios or android. Of course os7 having very few comparatively.

But when comparing device speed, web browsing and speed of handling multimedia the os7 devices are greatly improved. It all comes down to faster hardware, and a better web browser in that case.
    04-07-12 03:30 AM
    Oh and the whole "I use a Blackberry cause I own an enterprise and don't need a toy" line is beyond tired. I have plenty of customers that run their businesses just fine on their Android/iPhone devices. That obnoxious statement is no better than the elitist attitude that iOS owners have
    True. The problem with that statement is it is insulting and also too general (of course).

I think what some blackberry users like me do feel though is that as long as the device excels at core productivity functions, we are not really that concerned that all the fancy entertainment apps are not available. I am perfectly happy using a second device for something like netflix, etc.

And then you have high security environments where blackberry is considered the only proven "tool" that is acceptable. See the recent article in the Washington Post for example.

The whole tools not toys thing is a silly way to put it. But the point it is trying to make does reflect how some feel.
    04-07-12 03:41 AM
    I agree. We are living in denial. Trying other brands makes you realize what you can get and what you deserve.
    04-07-12 03:47 AM
    I agree. We are living in denial. Trying other brands makes you realize what you can get and what you deserve.
    Not really, I have had many friends go to iPhone and Android, try it, and think "Don't like it" and go back to BlackBerry which they do like. As for myself, I just found the draw of Windows Phone too much. (going from underdog to overdog and back to underdog, because I had an Android device in between). I've been caught out by Metro, although in all fairness, some apps are screwing over WP, like Facebook Messenger. Available for iOS, Android, and BlackBerry. Windows Phone? Nope.

And before you say you have it integrated into Messaging hub, yes, I know I do, but the Microsoft implementation is rubbish. You cannot message them if they are online on mobile, or are offline. Can't go to the contact page and send them a private message either. You would have to go into the Facebook app and send a private message that way, and that app is really glitched when it comes to private messages. Thankfully I have an iPod Touch 4th Gen that covers my base in that respect, but it's annoying having to always tether my Windows Phone to access this functionality (I have The One Plan on Three, so I get free tethering and truly unlimited data, no FUP).
    04-07-12 06:41 AM
    After coming from a Palm Centro I started with a BB8330M. I tried Android, came back to Blackberry. I tried Windows Phone 7, came back to Blackberry.
    Sure all those other OS have "modern" and "advanced" features. As a matter of fact Windows phone is in my opinion the best touch OS out there. Hands down. But at the end of the day they are all a bunch of swiping. I always feel comfortable coming back to the blackberry. Sure folks look at me like I am insane, but Oh well.
    I almost never used BBM anyway, so I am not distraught about no one else using it.

Sure rebooting the phone sucks but Its not like I am installing apps left and right anyway.

The apps are fine. I can only think of maybe 2 apps that I would like to have on the BB.

Slow is something I CANNOT say about BB. I use an 8530 and almost everything is instantaneous.

For me the Blackberry is just a quick way in and out. Things are so much quicker to accomplish than Android or Windows Phone. Although WP7 is a good second place. If RIM gets to the point where the BBOS is less than useful, I might go back to WP7.
    04-07-12 07:33 AM
    I tried the 9900 for a weekend, and it didnt even last a day on full charge, so that went back, and cancelled the upgrade. And in January I dropped my 9700 and it didnt want to play anymore. So I thought time to either try the latest curve, or switch and try android.

Weird, over the years I have defended BB through and through and converted many, but I just dont feel the love anymore. I would love for the 9790 to be available without touch screen, just to save some battery, I dont need it, didnt want touch screen, it has a qwerty keyboard and track pad, why the does it need touch screen?

Is BB trying to convince us its a good idea? I see no reason to have it.

Who knows, maybe it will grow, and thinking back to the 9700 I think there was a "honeymoon" period where it took for me to gel, maybe we will fall in love, I just wish bb would sort out the battery, otherwise I feel my search will continue for the next "perfect" device.

All I want is 2 days battery life, is that too much to ask? Oh and email, internet and a decent range of "useful" apps.

I don't think u gave the 9900 a fair chance. Maybe u had some apps running in the background or you should have upgraded to OS 7.1.

I get 15-18hrs on a single charge. That's with wifi and 3G on all day.

The 9900 is the best Blackberry out right now to me.

The touchscreen comes in gandy to launch apps, scroll down web pages, search through music, quickly select something, etc.

Having the option to use touchscreen, trackpad or keyboard is awesome and very efficient. Especially when you need to operate the phone with one hand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shemaree09; 04-07-12 at 07:50 AM.
    04-07-12 07:35 AM
    I don't think u gave the 9900 a fair chance. Maybe u had some apps running in the background or you should have upgraded to OS 7.1.

I get 15-18hrs on a single charge. That's with wifi and 3G on all day.

The 9900 is the best Blackberry out right now to me.

No apps, didn't install anything and actually turned off a load of stuff as well. Like my 9790, the battery life has improved massively as soon as I turned off location services, and did the same when I had the 9900, but the size of the device also put me off, it just felt overly bulky, but slim, was a bit of a mind bender holding it. The 9790 is the size I like and am used to, but slimmer, so it feels good in your hands.

The 9790 is growing on me, but much slower than previous. I just feel now there is something missing, and I don't know what that is, but I feel there is a void.
    04-07-12 07:50 AM
    This is only assuming you think you need and deserve more than you have. Although I must admit I don't quite understand the concept of 'deserving' when it comes to smart phones. You buy what you buy, you get what you get. If what you buy doesn't do it for you, it's your own fault for not buying something that does.

People who own BlackBerry's of their own volition and choosing (i.e., not company-issued) who continue to complain about everything their phones do not do I have no sympathy for. If they purchased a phone they are unhappy with on plan and are stuck with it for the duration of their upgrade period, the same thing could happen with any other brand. It's called buyer remorse, and it can happen with any major purchase that you can't just walk back to the store like a pair of pants that don't fit right (because you've put on weight from probably spending too much time sitting around playing with your phone that does everything).

As I noted in another post, there are many of us who only want and need the things BlackBerry does and does well, and we don't want or need any of the things the so-called 'better' devices can do that BlackBerry supposedly cannot. I can't think of anything I'd want to do on my PHONE that I can't already do, and do well with my BlackBerry. I know there are other things you can do on iPhones and Androids, but none of those are things that I want on my phone. If that means I am in denial, someone please tell me exactly what it is that I am in denial of.
    04-07-12 10:47 AM
    Hey george thanks for the enlightenment. Until now I thought I knew what I like.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    04-07-12 10:48 AM
    If you want a phone you buy a phone. If you want a multimedia/Games/ Apps phone you go ahead and buy it. Who cares that the majority of the smartphone users are now using Android and Iphones. Thats great for users who like to play video games on there device. RIM just fell behind and noone knows whats gonna happen maybe this new ceo will plan to sell after BB10 if it fails. My point is, if i want a phone to contact others through sms and emails? Ill always buy blackberry(i was an android user since G1 and androids are not reliable). Now if i want to play games and what not i will just get on my 47 inch LED and my PS3. Work and reliability, Blackberry. Useless information and chance of brain death ill choose Android or Iphags.

04-07-12 10:54 AM
    Work and reliability, Blackberry. Useless information and chance of brain death ill choose Android or Iphags.
    Exactly why if I decide to get a work phone, my first choice will be BlackBerry. My personal phone, I want to play games on etc, and have a nice quirky OS. So for me, that's Windows Phone (I also have an iPod Touch and am getting an Android tablet). Zune is also a huge draw for me (yes iTunes, you can go die in a hole as far as I'm concerned!). However if I need a phone for work purposes, it has to do the basic stuff flawlessly (which my WP7 does do, but holding a huge slab of glass is rather amusing). As a photographer, people will see my work phone and probably judge me badly for not having an iPhone. Then they see the iPod Touch and HTC TITAN Windows Phone. They see someone who uses it all, especially when I pull out the Android tab. I plan to use it all, every OS has its pros and cons, every one is worth using. But it depends on what the OS does for you as to what you choose to buy.
    04-07-12 10:59 AM
    People have to really stop and think. Iphone has been using the same Os since 2007 all their devices have the same OS. I own a Playbook and 9930 and their both from RIM but different OS. 2.0 interface and screen gestures resolution blows all of the other tablets. You have great capabilites with HTML5 now and Flash play. Yet Ipads new device has better resolution and its 100 more now that ipad 2 and it still since Apple hit the smartphone market has yet to have Flash player on any device. Apple Has Great Marketing thats it. you cant base the phone by its apps develpors make them. Also its depressing that Android is following in the same steps. Samsung galaxy Lg? Has anyone noticed the quality of the phones like Motorola too, their aweful the quality are cheap builds. Ive used all company's except Apple so far reason because i watch movies and play games on my tv and other devices. A Phone is a phone.

shemaree09 likes this.
    04-07-12 11:13 AM
    In my case, when renewal time came up for my plan, all things being equal, my Torch 9810 was FREE and other phones cost money (plan costs all being identical otherwise). Seeing that I was fine with the features available on Blackberry, I did not feel the need to pay money for something I didn't need on an Android or iPhone.

The great equalizer here is money. Value comparisons are key. You pay more and you get more. Sometimes it is worth it, sometimes not. In certain countries, Blackberry is still more value for the people's needs at this time, and priced well.

Same opinion on Playbook. At $199 it is good value. At $499 it was not. An iPad at $999 is not good value. At $499 it is, that's why they are selling by the millions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    04-07-12 11:25 AM
    Blackberry's are the only phone I've wanted since I noticed cell phones. It's still the only phones I want. Its a PHONE and I have the added benefit of having apps. I've experienced Android and iPhones and I still love mine because of battery life and the ease I feel I get from my devices.
    It's not denial, its a personal preference.
    sleepngbear and shemaree09 like this.
    04-07-12 11:29 AM
    If you want a phone you buy a phone. If you want a multimedia/Games/ Apps phone you go ahead and buy it. Who cares that the majority of the smartphone users are now using Android and Iphones. Thats great for users who like to play video games on there device. RIM just fell behind and noone knows whats gonna happen maybe this new ceo will plan to sell after BB10 if it fails. My point is, if i want a phone to contact others through sms and emails? Ill always buy blackberry(i was an android user since G1 and androids are not reliable). Now if i want to play games and what not i will just get on my 47 inch LED and my PS3. Work and reliability, Blackberry. Useless information and chance of brain death ill choose Android or Iphags.

Gotta love the term "IPhags". So, are all the folks in you neck of the woods homophobic bigots like you or is this a small person=small vocabulary things.

Pig Post dude. Hope the other enjoy your prose as much as I do.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    04-07-12 04:48 PM
    Gotta love the term "IPhags". So, are all the folks in you neck of the woods homophobic bigots like you or is this a small person=small vocabulary things.

It must be that #*$?@! Android auto-correct.
    04-07-12 05:34 PM

Personally, I find the term offensive.

If I was a bundle of sticks, I certainly wouldn't want to be mistake for an iPhone.
    04-07-12 05:36 PM
    It must be that #*$?@! Android auto-correct.

Yeah. What a in" for posting that dumb . Real move!

Sent from my "very underrated", Addictive CrackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk; Ψ Φπ (*_~)
    04-07-12 06:50 PM
    Yep, it's working.
    04-07-12 06:52 PM

Lol, you need a check up from the neck up...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek and Blacklatino like this.
    04-07-12 07:14 PM
    I find it hilarious when people refer to the iPhone as a toy. The business/productive apps on iOS is second to none.

cckgz4 likes this.
    04-07-12 07:20 PM
    I find it hilarious when people refer to the iPhone as a toy. The business/productive apps on iOS is second to none.

That said, I bet you "toy" apps out download productivity apps 10,000 to one, and that there is a greater proportion of iPhone users who do only use it for the same purpose they used an iPod Touch and a flip phone

now Calling the iPhone an iToy on an Apple site, or even a device neutral site such as engadget is in poor taste, on a BlackBerry dedicated site, I'll gladly refer to it as an iToy knowing full well that it has some fantastic business and productivity features.
    04-07-12 07:31 PM
    I would have to say that the apps one chooses are completely dependent on the user. For instance, I only kept DocsToGo on my BlackBerry devices for a short time. I never used it, so I deleted it. The apps I use most are TuneInRadio, Pandora, Twitter, Foursquare, iHeartRadio, Scoremobile, and Nobex Radio. I wouldn't say that makes the BlackBerry a toy, but I don't use any "business apps".
    cckgz4 likes this.
    04-07-12 07:36 PM
    The business/productive apps on iOS is second to none.
    I've found them to be best on Windows Phone, if I'm being honest. Microsoft Office for example is a killer!
    04-07-12 07:41 PM
199 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD