That also depends on what state you are in...
    I might go to that state.
    04-06-12 05:41 PM
    I can honestly say, I adore my 9900 and the BBOS. No other OS tempts me. This will probably be my last BlackBerry though. BB10 looks like it's going to lose everything i love about the BBOS.
    04-06-12 05:44 PM
    That also depends on what state you are in...
    I'm Canadian, lol

How to Apply for Legal Marijuana Use in Canada
    04-06-12 05:47 PM
    I thought that the word "denial" was used in reference to the future of blackberry and whether they could continue to exist.

That is my greatest worry.

After leaving Android (because I broke it) and re-starting my 9650, I realized how fiddly that darn Android was.

The android was not laggy at all, didn't require reboots, and if there was an app I wanted, they made it for the android (really...the big feature).

However, in my work, I need to communicate without fooling around with the device. I became pretty good on the android, but never coming close to the speed of my old, dated 9650. Talk about a HUGE feature!

It has brought a smile to my face a number of times this past week as I have easily dealt with e-mails, texts, and attachments.

Now, I seek an off-contract 9930.
    04-06-12 05:58 PM
    Meh. Read first page, skipped to last.

I'm leaving BB as well. I don't NEED a BB. Heck, I barely need more then a basic feature phone. I'm worried about BB, and think they're struggling. I really hope that they can come out swinging with BB10. But in Canada I'm locked into 3year contract so for this round I'm going Android as well. Don't need it, but wanna try it out. Kinda worried about typing on a screen rather then with buttons. But you wanna know what?

It doesn't really matter. That's the wonderful thing about a consumer market. I buy what I like/want/need. So do you. If that's BB, wonderful! If its not, wonderful!

Now, I wonder how long it will take me to track down Blaze and that bong...
    04-06-12 06:01 PM
    Gotta love the guys that have to make it all about themselves.

If I was unhappy with my BB, or RIM in general. I'd just leave and goto another platform. Why do people insist on making a big announcement before they go? Just, go. Do us all a favour, and just go. I don't care what YOU like or dislike. I have RIM products because they work for ME.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    alnamvet68 and bigbmc26 like this.
    04-06-12 06:06 PM
    Good point, but to be fair, neither are Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie.
    Oh BRAVO!! BRAVO!!

ECONOMIST owns the thread.
    04-06-12 06:07 PM
    Gotta love the guys that have to make it all about themselves.

If I was unhappy with my BB, or RIM in general. I'd just leave and goto another platform. Why do people insist on making a big announcement before they go? Just, go. Do us all a favour, and just go. I don't care what YOU like or dislike. I have RIM products because they work for ME.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    The only post, besides my own, that makes any sense, and has any redeeming value.

Y'all can thank me later.
    RicZoh likes this.
    04-06-12 06:08 PM
    to the OP, try typing everything that you posted on your Android/iphone 4s.. then give me your feedback.

i can only speak for myself.. Nope i'm not in a denial.
    i enjoy my 9930 ( Verizon) together with my iphone 4 (AT&T) and my ipad2 Wi-Fi only.
    as for phone usage, i use the BlackBerry as a phone and email machine..
    every app that i NEED is in my 9930.. dropbox, poynt, evernote etc..

with the ipad2, my iphone 4 gets lesser "hands time" compared to my BB.
    my BBM works great especially when i'm overseas and i don't activate roaming..
    i can BBM my family here in the states as long as there is a free Wi-Fi connection in a Cafe.

at the end of the day.. it's all about what's important to you.
    04-06-12 06:23 PM
    My wife's idea of technology was limited to the on/off button on her alarm clock. I replaced her old Motorola phone with a BB 8320 and introduced her to email. She is now the email queen, enjoys the BB keyboard and loves her new 9900. For me, my 9900, coupled with my Playbook makes a great combination and allowed me to give my laptop to my grandchildren. Plus, our BBs are the perfect answer for us during the periods where we reside in Paris and Hong Kong. I just hope that RIM can keep this whole thing going.
    04-06-12 07:01 PM
    I like BB and hope they hit a home run with the next gen. Android is virus prone and Apple is too much like a toy that won't let me do what I want to do for my liking. My Torch fills my needs very well and the PlayBook is just icing on the cake.
    04-06-12 07:22 PM
    If I hadn't been stuffed over by O2 regarding my contract, I probably would have still had my BlackBerry Torch 9800, but I've left BlackBerry now, and tried Android.

As much as I slate my friends for having BlackBerry smartphones, if it does what you want, then so be it. This lass I'm trying to get with for example, uses her BlackBerry for BBMing her family in another country (saving an absolute BOMB on SMS costs). Yeah, there's things like WhatsApp, but she prefers BBM. And as far as mobile IM clients go, I say that BBM is king.

I however, wanted to try other OS's after being screwed over, so got a HTC Desire Z, which lasted 3 weeks... then I moved on to the HTC TITAN (this is a Windows Phone). Best device I've found, but at the same time I am tempted to get a BlackBerry for a work phone simply because the device is just so darn awesome!

Use what works for you. For me, that is Windows Phone, for the rest of my cheer squad, it's a mix of iPhone, Android (Read: Samsung Galaxy S/S2), and BlackBerry.
    04-06-12 07:23 PM
    Alright mate, Ill stop trying to be politically correct or pleasant seeing as how you won't extend the same courtesy to others.
    If you'll notice I said 'I can't imagine' That is as much of a concession as I am willing to offer. If thats not good enough thats fine.
    I was trying to word it so even someone very slow could realise I am saying most people would find it easier to type long messages on a physical rather than a virtual keyboard.
    Of course it CAN be done on a virtual keyboard. Stop splitting hairs. Almost anything CAN be done.
    Whether its pleasant or easy is another thing.
    The only FACT here is you're being deliberately obstinate.
    Actually I'm not. And I didn't see myself as being unpleasant, that's one of the problems with words on a screen. You can't see another's face, so you're left trying to interpret intentions in a vacuum.

Of course anything CAN be done. But when you add words like MOST it changes the implications of what you're saying.

Personally, I'm not in a position to say what works for 'most people' unless I complete it by saying "most people I Know".

That way, I'm making it clear that I'm only speaking from my personal point-of-reference and not making a blanket statement that neither I nor anyone else is actually qualified to answer.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-06-12 at 08:00 PM.
    04-06-12 07:35 PM
    Yet, why do we defend BB even though they have failed us time and time again? Can you name ONE instance over the last year where RIM has actually come through for you and given you a WOW experience? I cant think of a single instance.
    Blackberry Bridge. Boosh. Goodbye
    CDM76 and bigbmc26 like this.
    04-06-12 07:59 PM
    I really don't care what works for most people, whether I know them or not. I don't care what works for you or him or her or anybody else. When it comes to my phone, all I care about is what works best for me. And at least for right now, that's the one I've got.
    04-06-12 08:05 PM
    I really don't care what works for most people, whether I know them or not. I don't care what works for you or him or her or anybody else. When it comes to my phone, all I care about is what works best for me. And at least for right now, that's the one I've got.
    Agreed. And everyone should use what works for them and not feed an insecure need to justify their choices. Nor feel the need to personally insult or bully those who make a different choice from them.
    04-06-12 08:13 PM
    Good point, but to be fair, neither are Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie.
    Good call but to be even fairer they've learned a valuable leason...

An Apple a day, doesn't actually keep the doctor away.
    04-06-12 08:24 PM
    Good call but to be even fairer they've learned a valuable leason...

An Apple a day, doesn't actually keep the doctor away.
    The man is dead dude. I hope you stay in perfect health all the days of your life.
    04-06-12 08:42 PM
    Thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Been a blackberry user since the 7xxx series, many years, and since then, worked for many different companies as a contractor and moved from phone to phone.

Gone from BB to windows, back to bb, then the 9700 landed as my personal phone, and I stuck with it, battery life was awesome and nothing "smart" could come close. It got my email, had a qwerty keyboard, and just worked.

Scroll on to this year and I still had it in January, but it was failing, case was showing signs of coming apart, phone was being intermittent and my search started for a new one. For the fact that this phone could last from Friday morning till Sunday evening without needing a charge was taken for granted.

I could stream music by bluetooth to my motorcycle helmet for a good 5 hour journey without making a significant drop in battery was superb.

I tried the 9900 for a weekend, and it didnt even last a day on full charge, so that went back, and cancelled the upgrade. And in January I dropped my 9700 and it didnt want to play anymore. So I thought time to either try the latest curve, or switch and try android.

I didnt want to be tied in to a contract upgrade, so bought an unconnected Motorola Defy running Android 2.2

Yes the phone was nothing really to write home about, and if you used it, the battery suffered, and I hated a touch screen keyboard. Nothing beats a proper BB keyboard. However, the range of apps, the interface, the options and just the usability. Blackberry have a lot to learn on that side. I remember app world launching, there was much excitement, but now even searching for simple apps that you think should be there, arent. Search on Android, there are loads.

I wont entertain an iPhone, simple, just dont want to be a sheep... baa baa baa.. but then the 9790 arrived, and I thought if it is even half of what the 9700 was like, then battery life here I come.

2 weeks later, and I simply have not gelled yet, I dont have that warm fuzzy feeling inside anymore, I feel after touching android and using one for 8 weeks, I have been infected. And I actually feel myself searching for a reason not to ditch it and go for an S2.

Weird, over the years I have defended BB through and through and converted many, but I just dont feel the love anymore. I would love for the 9790 to be available without touch screen, just to save some battery, I dont need it, didnt want touch screen, it has a qwerty keyboard and track pad, why the does it need touch screen?

Is BB trying to convince us its a good idea? I see no reason to have it.

Who knows, maybe it will grow, and thinking back to the 9700 I think there was a "honeymoon" period where it took for me to gel, maybe we will fall in love, I just wish bb would sort out the battery, otherwise I feel my search will continue for the next "perfect" device.

All I want is 2 days battery life, is that too much to ask? Oh and email, internet and a decent range of "useful" apps.

Example - Android I used a voice recorder app for meetings, worked superb, I could press record, then lock the screen and forget about it until the end of the meeting. First day with blackberry, tried the voice recorder, and found out that as soon as the screen shut off, so did the recorder, so got the first minute or so of the meeting, made typing up the minutes a complete pain.
    04-06-12 10:26 PM
    Thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Been a blackberry user since the 7xxx series, many years, and since then, worked for many different companies as a contractor and moved from phone to phone.

Gone from BB to windows, back to bb, then the 9700 landed as my personal phone, and I stuck with it, battery life was awesome and nothing "smart" could come close. It got my email, had a qwerty keyboard, and just worked.

Scroll on to this year and I still had it in January, but it was failing, case was showing signs of coming apart, phone was being intermittent and my search started for a new one. For the fact that this phone could last from Friday morning till Sunday evening without needing a charge was taken for granted.

I could stream music by bluetooth to my motorcycle helmet for a good 5 hour journey without making a significant drop in battery was superb.

I tried the 9900 for a weekend, and it didnt even last a day on full charge, so that went back, and cancelled the upgrade. And in January I dropped my 9700 and it didnt want to play anymore. So I thought time to either try the latest curve, or switch and try android.

I didnt want to be tied in to a contract upgrade, so bought an unconnected Motorola Defy running Android 2.2

Yes the phone was nothing really to write home about, and if you used it, the battery suffered, and I hated a touch screen keyboard. Nothing beats a proper BB keyboard. However, the range of apps, the interface, the options and just the usability. Blackberry have a lot to learn on that side. I remember app world launching, there was much excitement, but now even searching for simple apps that you think should be there, arent. Search on Android, there are loads.

I wont entertain an iPhone, simple, just dont want to be a sheep... baa baa baa.. but then the 9790 arrived, and I thought if it is even half of what the 9700 was like, then battery life here I come.

2 weeks later, and I simply have not gelled yet, I dont have that warm fuzzy feeling inside anymore, I feel after touching android and using one for 8 weeks, I have been infected. And I actually feel myself searching for a reason not to ditch it and go for an S2.

Weird, over the years I have defended BB through and through and converted many, but I just dont feel the love anymore. I would love for the 9790 to be available without touch screen, just to save some battery, I dont need it, didnt want touch screen, it has a qwerty keyboard and track pad, why the does it need touch screen?

Is BB trying to convince us its a good idea? I see no reason to have it.

Who knows, maybe it will grow, and thinking back to the 9700 I think there was a "honeymoon" period where it took for me to gel, maybe we will fall in love, I just wish bb would sort out the battery, otherwise I feel my search will continue for the next "perfect" device.

All I want is 2 days battery life, is that too much to ask? Oh and email, internet and a decent range of "useful" apps.

Example - Android I used a voice recorder app for meetings, worked superb, I could press record, then lock the screen and forget about it until the end of the meeting. First day with blackberry, tried the voice recorder, and found out that as soon as the screen shut off, so did the recorder, so got the first minute or so of the meeting, made typing up the minutes a complete pain.
    Try a 9780.
    04-06-12 10:46 PM
    The man is dead dude. I hope you stay in perfect health all the days of your life.

I hope so too, but if I don't I give you permission to log onto the internet and make light of the situation. I promise everything will be ok.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Crackberry Forum App
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-06-12 11:33 PM
    Comparing a 9780 to a newer Android is a no-brainer. The 9780 is not even current.

The difference for me is that my Blackberry just works.

I dont use BBM so that was never a selling point for me.

After experiencing other devices, yeah all the bells and whistles were cool, but the battery would be dead by lunch time and my emails came in hours later.

I still enjoy my Blackberry because its does everything I need it to do, very well.

Who cares about all that extra stuff?
    Even when teh 9780 was current it was a risky buy, becuase of the well-known QC/QA issues with that device (malfunctioning keyboard out the box, tilting/loose trackpad, etc.).

It did have good battery life, but I didn't have the time to swamp mine out ad infinitum like some people here until I got one that had a keyboard that worked correctly. Sent it back and got a Windows Phone instead.
    04-06-12 11:50 PM
    Even when teh 9780 was current it was a risky buy, becuase of the well-known QC/QA issues with that device (malfunctioning keyboard out the box, tilting/loose trackpad, etc.).

It did have good battery life, but I didn't have the time to swamp mine out ad infinitum like some people here until I got one that had a keyboard that worked correctly. Sent it back and got a Windows Phone instead.

My 9780 had none of those issues out of the box and is still in perfect working condition a year later.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860, no QWERTY required.
    04-06-12 11:52 PM
    AND WHAT?! 9810?! That's 100 less than the 9900! What are you doing here?!! GET OUT. YOU AINT NO FANBOY! You too cheap!
    The 9900 is glitchy and the screen is too small. To me the 9810 is the best blackberry. Touch screen and keyboard. Hey, if there was a 9910, I would have it. I like the slider. It's the cat's meow of Blackberries IMHO.
    04-07-12 03:03 AM
    Question: I see a lot of "You aren't using the newer Blackberry devices" remark being thrown up like it changes the whole experience. Are there more apps or something? More people using BBM? I know that everything moves faster now but that's not the gripe that I see consistently. I see a lot of people anxiously waiting on an overhaul
    vrs626 likes this.
    04-07-12 03:22 AM
199 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD