Deep, deep down...we knew that BlackBerry could never compete with the likes of Apple, Samsung, Microsoft among others and ultimatly they will fail in that sector! Why? It's simple BlackBerry was never a consumer market company really, it was not meant to be cool or public. they don't know what that means and what comes with it. Research in Motion was born specifically to cater professionals like doctors, emergency services workers , politicians, managers, businesses, teachers, corporation companies etc etc. Providing all this services and products while at the same time remaining a very discret company because they(RIM) want to be seen serius. It was all about privacy and suit and ties, just work and nothing else. Those professionals I mentioned earlier, they don't care about the smartphone's specs or design... they are just working and needed a device to compliment they work professionally and help get things done. I'm sure Mr lazaridis would agree with most of what I said. It's almost as BlackBerry were dragged to the consumers and meanstren eyes. Teenagers and much younger crowd started seeing adults with a ugly device with keyboards and all of the sudden they started having BlackBerry smartphones because they want to feel important, serious, respected and visible, BlackBerry smartphone represented POWER!!! I'm really surprised at the media world and how they see BlackBerry, how clueless they can further be? Ignorants! They need to understand that BlackBerry smartphones was all about work,work and work device and not about the latest specs, we go to work wearing company uniforms which don't have to be Sexy uniforms and you don't have to like it, it was just work but off work you can do whatever you want. This was what Research in Motion had in mind. I'm looking forward to my Z30 next week! I know exactly what I am specting.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:13 PM
    The problem is, is the "others" are taking a big chunk out of their professional user base also.
    09-30-13 12:16 PM
    Most of those "professionals" that you listed have moved on to other platforms that provide more the just communications, they also provide tools that are specific to each profession and makes them more productive.

BlackBerry was king back with push email made a difference and long battery life was essential.... that is well in the past now. Most any modern device today has better battery life than the Z10 and I'm not sure that active-sync isn't faster in some cases than my old xBES device.
    09-30-13 02:03 PM
    Say what you want, but as for me?...give me Blackberry or give me a land line!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:06 PM
    So these professional - do they just use their phones at work or do they take them home and use them? Do they ever share photos or play word games on their phone? Do they like to take great quality pictures and video with their phones? Do they do any banking on their smartphones?
    09-30-13 02:11 PM
    I think they can compete, they need to stop trying to beat them out of the gate, move slowly and take it piece by piece instead of the whole pie at once

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    09-30-13 02:30 PM