The Visa probably will feature a 5" 16:9 touch screen with a visible row of keys that could be configured and the rest of the physical keyboard is inside.

And probably the phone will feature a full virtual keyboard too, and will be as greatly speced as the Passport.

So it might be introduced as the answer for the question of where is the full touch flagship. Just it won't be an ordinary full touch, but equipped with an innovative physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    11-16-14 03:41 AM
    I understand that he said he needs something revolutionary and he's not trying to low ball anything. I still think there's going to be room in the line up for an all touch device, there are many of us who have become accustomed to all touch BlackBerrys and I don't think they are in any position to squander sales opportunities. As for the rude remarks, why? We like what we like, I'm sure I would love a Passport as well, I simple am enjoying my Z30 right now and am interested in upgrading in the coming year. No hate CB Nation!
    gebco likes this.
    11-16-14 03:51 AM

there are many of us who have become accustomed to all touch BlackBerrys
    Not trying to be rude man but that many you speak of is so insignificant.

Posted via BBM Premium
    11-16-14 04:31 AM

Posted via BBM Premium
    We weren't that insignificant 2 years ago when the Z10 launched, were we?

As easy as it would be for them to build, BlackBerry needs to release a new all touch next year.

And all touch to me, is not a 5 inch folding/sliding/hiding keyboard. It just needs to be an evolution of the Z10/Z30.

It would be simple and cheap for them to do it with Foxconn. If they don't, they risk losing a lot of loyal BlackBerry users. It seems to me that it makes much better business sense to release a new all touch AND continue to innovate with new/radical ideas like the passport and Visa.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    Smitty13 likes this.
    11-16-14 06:59 AM
    BlackBerry is no longer in the business of making all touch phones so please exit through the gift shop

Posted via BBM Premium
    Evidence of this? No there isn't any

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:49 AM
    LOL. I still want a Full Touchscreen, but, it's understood going back to where it started. Trying to get the Corporate World to come back to BlackBerry and the new BES 12 is a smart business move. Billion plus on R&D last year? Hmmm.....Ok, we'll see where this leads. However, I do see the need in not forgetting about and/or making assumptions about the non- business sector.
    Sick of people assuming the 'Business World' only use Keyboard phones. This is BS. Yes there's probably a higher percentage of business users that prefer Qwerty compared with consumers but I'm willing to bet only about 1 in 50 smartphone business users actually prefer keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:53 AM
    Yes, we don't. And because we have not heard anything yet 2016, that is a telltale sign that there will be no new phones at all.

Also, Apple is apparently not making a new iPhone in 2016, because so far there has not been mentioned anything about it either.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:38 AM

Posted via BBM Premium
    We (those in favor for PKB and touch) are all insignificant.. we are less than 15 millions BlackBerry 10 users in the world.

Then walk the streets and see amount of PKB users against full touch

Then you should realize where the real minority lays

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:54 AM
    Sick of people assuming the 'Business World' only use Keyboard phones. This is BS. Yes there's probably a higher percentage of business users that prefer Qwerty compared with consumers but I'm willing to bet only about 1 in 50 smartphone business users actually prefer keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    And I would like to add that people who left PKB BlackBerry phones went for full touch ones. Then BlackBerry hardly brought new customers with their PKB offers (except for Passport) but they did bring totally new BlackBerry customers with the full touch offerings (Z series)

If BlackBerry should address consumers again they should NOT neglect the full touch fleet. They can innovate as they want, it's genius but give the real state of screen for consumers to enjoy without a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by menshawy; 11-16-14 at 01:33 PM.
    11-16-14 09:59 AM
    And I would like to add that people who left PKB BlackBerry phones went for full touch ones. Then BlackBerry hardly brought new customers with their PKB offers (except for Passport) but they did bring totally new BlackBerry customers with the full touch offerings (Z series)

If BlackBerry should address consumers again thru should NOT neglect the full touch fleet. They can innovate as they want, it's genius but give the real state of screen for consumers to enjoy without a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10

Well said.

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    11-16-14 10:08 AM
35 12