Absolutely true...!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-09-16 10:15 AM
    With the fact that plenty of people are currently still using bb7 phones, I cannot see why current bb10 users who really enjoy the os would just abandon it.
    That is certainly a personal decision every BB10 user must make. If it works for them and they are not interested in innovation, might as well stick with it. If you like change and something new, move on.
    07-09-16 02:33 PM
    With the fact that plenty of people are currently still using bb7 phones, I cannot see why current bb10 users who really enjoy the os would just abandon it.
    Welcome to CB!

True. I enjoy my 9900 BBOS 7 on my business line, and my Passport BB10 on my personal line. Both work great. I'm not leaving any time soon, but when I do, I think it will be Droid and not iOS. Droid just makes more sense to me intuitively. However, the move for me will probably be a few years off yet.
    07-09-16 03:50 PM
    Whether or not each user feels he or she has a choice depends on that person's requirements. If one wants the Google Play Store, there is no choice but Android in the Long run.

For me, there is still very much a choice, and BB10 is still a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 05:00 PM
    Whether or not each user feels he or she has a choice depends on that person's requirements. If one wants the Google Play Store, there is no choice but Android in the Long run.

For me, there is still very much a choice, and BB10 is still a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    File manager will be the deciding factor for me, if I'm going to switch... :-)

I recently got gifted a Chromebook AND an iMac 27" (actually it was TWO from two different sources in a week, what a miracle!, praise the Lord), so I'm open with regards to the ecosystems...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-10-16 06:26 PM

I recently got gifted a Chromebook AND an iMac 27" (actually it was TWO from two different sources in a week, what a miracle!, praise the Lord), so I'm open with regards to the ecosystems...

Don't install anything under MacOS if it doesn't list your current OS. I did install a driver extension for my PRIV that was old 10.7 Era and wouldn't boot until I did Safe Boot and removed offending launchd and extensions.cache (a bootable backup clone always handy)

Congrats on windfall of 🍀
    07-10-16 06:33 PM

I agree that a NATIVE File manager that is part of the OS is an absolute requirement for me to use a different platform. Currently that means Win10 and BB10 are the only options.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 08:51 AM
    I agree that a NATIVE File manager that is part of the OS is an absolute requirement for me to use a different platform. Currently that means Win10 and BB10 are the only options.

Posted via CB10
    Does Windows Phone 10 really have a native file manager? I really do wish for an alternative to Android with that file manager as a possible successor to BB10.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    07-11-16 09:21 AM
    My understanding is that they have a good native file manager, but I haven't played with it myself, so I can't vouch for that. Given their goal of full Win10 app compatibility, though, I would think they would have to replicate most of the Windows file management capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:37 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Personally I've always been a big File Manager proponent - really loved BB10's and it cloud options, but I will say I have hardly ever opened the 3rd party File Manager on my MM powered Android.

There is life without a file manager...
    07-11-16 03:10 PM
    I agree, but with one caveat...the people who don't have the need (job-wise) to walk around with a computer in a bag or case far outnumber the people that do, so the premium that comes with owning a smartphone can be justified for a large portion of the consumer base.

Personally, I've done TONS of administrative work on my Passport. For both work, and my household. I don't own a laptop or PC, I have 2 PlayBooks that I might take with me for entertainment purposes when I know that I'll need one (long, me-not-driving situations).

Choosing the right smartphone for your lifestyle, and becoming very familiar with it's features and capabilities can definitely yield positive results on a daily basis.

I like your thinking from a corporate, freelance, or private business owner perspective though.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    07-11-16 03:46 PM
    Of course we have a choice, quite a few, actually.

1. Stand pat. BB10 phones will likely work just fine for the next couple of years, and possibly longer. That's 2-3 iterations of iOS, Android and Windows phones, while true mobile computing becomes smaller and more convenient via 2-in ones and pro tablets.

2. Go iOS

3. Go Android

4. Lose the mobile phone entirely for a VOIP solution on an ultra portable computer.

I am of the opinion that all "smart phones" are actually dumb computers, without the horsepower, full featured OS, or I/O flexibility to make them worth the prices being paid.

My plan will likely be to maintain a BB10 phone for the next couple of years, and spend the savings on a Surface Pro 4 with wireless data to carry in my bag. I'll get the benefit of a real computer with full size keyboard, mouse, etc., and I won't have to buy and maintain a stable of single-purpose apps.

It just seems to me that "smart phones" are a phase between early cell phones and true, omnipresent portable computing. For the capabilities they provide the premium devices are way overpriced.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but with one caveat...the people who don't have the need (job-wise) to walk around with a computer in a bag or case far outnumber the people that do, so the premium that comes with owning a smartphone can be justified for a large portion of the consumer base.

Personally, I've done TONS of administrative work on my Passport. For both work, and my household. I don't own a laptop or PC, I have 2 PlayBooks that I might take with me for entertainment purposes when I know that I'll need one (long, me-not-driving situations).

Choosing the right smartphone for your lifestyle, and becoming very familiar with it's features and capabilities can definitely yield positive results on a daily basis.

I like your thinking from a corporate, freelance, or private business owner perspective though.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    07-11-16 03:51 PM
162 ... 567