Poor analogy. Internet Explorer routinely scored terribly on industry-standard benchmark tests. It's been around long enough for its shortcomings to be well-documented. Edge is noticeably faster and more on-par with Chrome and Firefox.

As for the supposed "bandwagon" against BlackBerry, that's maybe what you perceive, but the truth is no one is out to get BlackBerry. What do you expect when BlackBerry itself has no real vision and is literally trying anything and everything to see what sticks? One doesn't even have to look past device names to see that BlackBerry really doesn't know how one product links to the next or how to build a portfolio of products and services.

If you want to put yourself out there (especially with a haughty attitude) in today's market, you better have the weaponry to do so. BlackBerry has continually talked big but failed to produce results when it had the world's attention.
    Sorry, but Internet Explorer 10 & 11 were fine browsers...some even thought they were really quite good, certainly competitive with other top browsers. Definitely not deserving of the continued criticism that it has received.

I think the analogy is apt: companies forced users to use outdated versions of Internet Explorer by refusing to upgrade from Windows XP. Because IE6 is outdated, all versions of IE must also suck.

People were similarly forced to use old BBOS phones while they saw cool iPhones all around them. Finally companies allow BYOP and people reminisce about how crappy their old BlackBerries were when BB10 is really quite amazing.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:29 AM
    You are definitely right about the IE rep. But, within one week of using Edge on our new Windows 10 desktop, we got malware that is known to exploit it. It is a very simplistic browser with no bells or whistles. I had to reinstall Windows and removed it from the taskbar. We went back to IE and Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't spent a ton of time using Edge myself, but in the time I have spent with it, I've noticed a considerable edge (no pun intended) on IE. But I suppose it's natural to have vulnerabilities considering it's new. It's no excuse and I'm sorry that happened to you. I suppose they had to limit its functionality to make it as fast as it is, but Chrome and Firefox seem to be better equipped to manage it better.
    Sorry, but Internet Explorer 10 & 11 were fine browsers...some even thought they were really quite good, certainly competitive with other top browsers. Definitely not deserving of the continued criticism that it has received.

I think the analogy is apt: companies forced users to use outdated versions of Internet Explorer by refusing to upgrade from Windows XP. Because IE6 is outdated, all versions of IE must also suck.

People were similarly forced to use old BBOS phones while they saw cool iPhones all around them. Finally companies allow BYOP and people reminisce about how crappy their old BlackBerries were when BB10 is really quite amazing.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose this discussion could get in a flurry of anecdotal experiences going back and forth. I use IE11 at work all the time and while I can tolerate it, I do notice sites like CrackBerry (sites with a lot of mixed, heavy content) render slowly compared to Chrome and scrolling lags. Again, I'm sure we all have our experiences and they all differ from each other. I suppose there may be some truth in saying that IE6 sabotaged IE10 and IE11, but in my own experiences using IE11, I can't completely eliminate the possibility that IE's own performance forced its lukewarm reception.

As for BlackBerry, it realized that companies were moving away from using its devices exclusively and allowed corporate workers to use their own devices. That's why BlackBerry, initially with BB10, tried to play the consumer game. However, it was 1) very late to bringing its own competitive entry into the market and 2) couldn't secure the third-party support it badly needed. Apps are the same as having software for your computer. No company wants its workers to use devices that are incompatible with apps that businesses rely on for work. And although you can say BB10 was "amazing" (which I thought, too, when it came out), to most people, I'd argue that BB10 was really only seen as being as good as the competition. That's for the core experience. Once you add in the lack of third-party support, it's hard to make a really compelling argument in favor of BB10 versus iOS or Android.
    11-01-15 11:43 AM
    I haven't spent a ton of time using Edge myself, but in the time I have spent with it, I've noticed a considerable edge (no pun intended) on IE. But I suppose it's natural to have vulnerabilities considering it's new. It's no excuse and I'm sorry that happened to you. I suppose they had to limit its functionality to make it as fast as it is, but Chrome and Firefox seem to be better equipped to manage it better.

I suppose this discussion could get in a flurry of anecdotal experiences going back and forth. I use IE11 at work all the time and while I can tolerate it, I do notice sites like CrackBerry (sites with a lot of mixed, heavy content) render slowly compared to Chrome and scrolling lags. Again, I'm sure we all have our experiences and they all differ from each other. I suppose there may be some truth in saying that IE6 sabotaged IE10 and IE11, but in my own experiences using IE11, I can't completely eliminate the possibility that IE's own performance forced its lukewarm reception.

As for BlackBerry, it realized that companies were moving away from using its devices exclusively and allowed corporate workers to use their own devices. That's why BlackBerry, initially with BB10, tried to play the consumer game. However, it was 1) very late to bringing its own competitive entry into the market and 2) couldn't secure the third-party support it badly needed. Apps are the same as having software for your computer. No company wants its workers to use devices that are incompatible with apps that businesses rely on for work. And although you can say BB10 was "amazing" (which I thought, too, when it came out), to most people, I'd argue that BB10 was really only seen as being as good as the competition. That's for the core experience. Once you add in the lack of third-party support, it's hard to make a really compelling argument in favor of BB10 versus iOS or Android.
    The other reason why IPhone and Android are preferred in BYOD is because people use their phones after work for entertainment and socializing. This is why Apps play a huge part as even top business people like to be entertained after work and I'm sure in some cases during work.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    11-01-15 01:02 PM
    Word of advice. Don't talk show them what your device is capable of instead.

I love impressing these iPhone plebs when I connect my z30 to any hdmi capable TV.
    Then show presentations movies etc etc.
    Always gold.

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30
    11-01-15 01:44 PM

I love impressing these iPhone plebs when I connect my z30 to any hdmi capable TV.
    Always gold.

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30
    They make lightning to HDMI adapters so you can do the same thing with an iPhone.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    11-01-15 02:03 PM
    The other reason why IPhone and Android are preferred in BYOD is because people use their phones after work for entertainment and socializing. This is why Apps play a huge part as even top business people like to be entertained after work and I'm sure in some cases during work.
    It comes down to "Why have two devices when I can have one device that's great for both sides of my life?"
    11-01-15 02:16 PM

Always gold.
    LOL. Knock em dead!
    11-01-15 03:14 PM
    I guess my question has to be why do your friends care what phone you have,no one I know has even mentioned to me good or bad that I have/use a Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:33 PM
    That must be you. Lol people ask me about it. And when I talk they like it and understand why I stand by it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 11:34 AM
    That must be you. Lol people ask me about it. And when I talk they like it and understand why I stand by it.

Posted via CB10
    And then they run out and buy one.

Oh, wait. . .

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:45 PM
    Clients and friends are amazed by my sexy BlackBerry Passport SE. I am not apologetic about it...confidence is everything.

 CA Governor on Passport SE 
    11-02-15 12:55 PM
    And then they run out and buy one.

Oh, wait. . .

Posted via CB10
    Lol no way! Even the ones that don't need apps don't bother going to buy one. But they do understand why I'm happy with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:17 PM
    Back to OP question. Yes, we potentially are:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1045792

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 06:00 AM
63 123