My friends love my BlackBerry.
    You need new friends.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    Would you be my friend? xD
    10-29-15 03:19 PM
    We want to defend it so much that we wind up being the only people who actually talk about our phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:24 PM
    When I got this Classic, I felt I really had to defend myself and my reasoning for choosing it. It happens. It's a decision. Yet, it's just a phone. A mobile device. If you have to rely on any platform as it is the only one that will help you accomplish your goals, things will be hard sometimes.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    10-29-15 03:55 PM
    I wholeheartedly agree. Back when I used nothing but BlackBerry devices, I truly believed that the only reason people chose iPhones was because it was all they knew and it was what their friends and family knew. Now that I have one, I can see why it's so popular. Perhaps the initial reason for picking something up in the first place can be attributed to a bit of peer pressure, but people won't continue to stick with something that doesn't work for them. I imagine most people would willingly switch platforms if they were unsatisfied.

I learned my lesson too. I love my iPhone, but if you use an Android phone, a BlackBerry, or a Windows Phone, I respect your choice and believe you have every reason to use what you use and I'm no one to tell you otherwise.
    Exactly. My wife left BlackBerry after 3 devices running BBOS. She was sick of the freezing and battery pulls. Plus, even back then, work apps she needed weren't available. I tried to convince her to get a Q10, but she wanted a full screen. We both thought the Z10 felt cheap, and then she saw the Galaxy. Done deal. And she's happy still 2 years later.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 04:24 PM
    z10 looks a lot better than a galaxy.. at the time you are talking about galaxy s3, s4 both looks like toys(plasticky and cheap. It is subjective though.
    10-29-15 04:26 PM
    Are you saying he should drop his friends because they don't like BlackBerry? That's probably the worst advice I've ever seen given on CrackBerry. That's a new low as far as brand attachment and loyalty goes.
    Or a new "high", depending on your point of view...? ;-)

Seriously, true friends are one of the most important "things" in life, ... material possessions are just a(n empty) substitute.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...lthood/411466/

:-D

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    10-29-15 04:28 PM
    z10 looks a lot better than a galaxy.. at the time you are talking about galaxy s3, s4 both looks like toys(plasticky and cheap. It is subjective though.
    Well, they all may have felt like plastic, but the ppi on the Galaxy was much higher and quite noticeable. I am glad she didn't get a Z10 after the issues that arose with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 04:45 PM
    Exactly. My wife left BlackBerry after 3 devices running BBOS. She was sick of the freezing and battery pulls. Plus, even back then, work apps she needed weren't available. I tried to convince her to get a Q10, but she wanted a full screen. We both thought the Z10 felt cheap, and then she saw the Galaxy. Done deal. And she's happy still 2 years later.

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome for your wife! Good for her that she's still hay with her device 2 years later.

You know, I never thought the Z10 felt like a premium device, but "cheap" isn't what I thought of it. It felt utilitarian, in my opinion. Unlike the iPhone, which can be admired from afar or up close, the Z10 felt like something that should be picked up and used. I didn't necessarily like the dimpled, rubbery battery door, but I loved the magnesium alloy they used in constructing the main body of the device. It was light and never scratched. If it had the back of the PlayBook, I think I'd have liked it better but when I had it, it was almost perfect for me (except for the awful battery life).
    10-29-15 09:01 PM
    I am a proud owner of two Z30s, a Silver Passport, and a Z10. I dont care what people think.

  
    miker476 likes this.
    10-29-15 09:05 PM
    That alone will make the Priv the most widely marketed BB device in over a decade.
    Before I respond... you're joking, or you actually believe that? I gotta know, two clear response paths. No offense intended.

Please don't reply with a "fished in" emoji, I'll feel so stupid!!!
    10-29-15 09:28 PM
    That's awesome for your wife! Good for her that she's still hay with her device 2 years later.

You know, I never thought the Z10 felt like a premium device, but "cheap" isn't what I thought of it. It felt utilitarian, in my opinion. Unlike the iPhone, which can be admired from afar or up close, the Z10 felt like something that should be picked up and used. I didn't necessarily like the dimpled, rubbery battery door, but I loved the magnesium alloy they used in constructing the main body of the device. It was light and never scratched. If it had the back of the PlayBook, I think I'd have liked it better but when I had it, it was almost perfect for me (except for the awful battery life).
    Perhaps a poor choice of words. I actually like utilitarian.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    10-29-15 10:19 PM
    Before I respond... you're joking, or you actually believe that? I gotta know, two clear response paths. No offense intended.

Please don't reply with a "fished in" emoji, I'll feel so stupid!!!
    He's not joking and he will be right considering the amount of marketing that Blackberry does.
    The only device that will come close to receiving as much marketing would be the Z10
    10-30-15 03:40 AM
    People buy what their friend has. Or they walk into the store and buy what they are told to purchase by the sales rep. No one buys BlackBerry because they never see BlackBerry. I'm loyal to blackberry because I like to be contrarian, and because I'm a Canadian in California. But I've concluded it's not necessarily better than any other.

My wife uses Samsung (still on S3) because the camera is outrageously excellent and it's great for games and life-hack apps. Blows my Z10 and Passport SE away in some ways. She swypes faster than I can type, and Google search spanks BlackBerry every time. My son has a WP that's fun to use too, and takes fabulous photos. But he's a victim of their app gap too.

Bottom line, I love my BlackBerry. I got a Bold in 2012 because I figured that was my last chance to have a BlackBerry. I upgraded to a Z10 in 2014 because I was optimistic for a turnaround. And now I bought the Passport because it's cool and unique.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    10-30-15 08:42 PM
    What apps were mentioned that BlackBerry didn't have? Were they Games? BlackBerry has the best productivity Apps, Camera apps, organizing apps and radio Apps. Filing pictures and documents is easy. 'Read it Now' app grabs everything off the Web I want to read later. Proximity shows me where I am. I have so many apps. I played 'Boom Beach' for a while but couldn't keep up with the Diamond buyers. Just curious at what Apps they mentioned.

Jaglenn's Passport
    BB doesn't have the best productivity apps, camera apps, organizing apps, or radio apps for starters. Great it has a read it later app which every other OS has. It's missing too many apps to even list.
    10-31-15 01:24 PM
    So what about airline apps? Something a business traveler needs.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:48 PM
    It's amazing that some people don't get this though.
    Which is why I found the constant reports of folks challenging folks using other platforms to impromptu browser battles so scarily hilarious.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-31-15 05:59 PM
    I am guilty also and I have promised myself to stop. Even people who admire the Z30 are not planning to ditch their iPhones.
    Personally, I would have trouble giving up the BB file manager.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 11-01-15 at 07:12 AM.
    10-31-15 06:38 PM
    Thing is I don't know how the average person buys a phone... do they look at tech sites and reviews to get ideas, or to just confirm their decision? How long will the PRIV be featured on those sties, before they move on the then next flavor of the month?

I think you have to either have a LOT of advertising, or you have to have something to attract attention.... OnePlus it was the Flagship hardware at half the price. I think the keyboard could be that feature for BlackBerry... but people have seen a keyboard before - they think they know what it is. I think seeing one in person and seeing how it is different now (swipe), and how it can be used along with the potential for more productivity (or faster post to Instagram or SNAP).

Send out a couple of free unit to every major existing enterprise customer.

Do a random BB10 or BBM giveaway in the key markets where you think PRIV sales will be important. If it is a great device, one free device could turn into many other purchased device....

Wonder how the mood would change on CrackBerry if there were 1,000 PRIV up for grab?

If they gave away 50,000 PRIVs in all... how much of their $3 Billion would the have to spend, and what might be the potential reward?
    Everybody recognizes the BLACKBERRY keyboard. It definitely looks sharp, coupled with the curved screen that people associate with Sammy...When people see the Priv and realize that BlackBerry is now on Android they will definitely have more of a positive or negative personal reaction than with any other random Android slab phone / manufacturer. It's all 'I love it thank God finally I can use a pkb again' or 'God would BlackBerry just die already'....two things though are guaranteed...it will still cause conversations after the media loses attention, and there will be a critical mass of people that now realize that BlackBerry is very much alive and making some of the most innovative phones in the marketplace, whether or not they actually buy a Priv. Ultimately I agree with you about the need for follow through advertising and marketing because it can leverage well into both of these angles to improve and increase mindshare and marketshare. And I also agree that Chen now needs to shut up and stop speculating about being willing to ditch hardware if it doesn't work out. If you talk your plan b too much in public, people start to assume it's your plan a.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 10-31-15 at 07:37 PM.
    10-31-15 07:01 PM
    There are fanboys for all operating systems. I think what happened to blackberry is the fact that they were not willing to change with the times. And now that they are trying to make all kinds of changes some folks won't give them a chance. You have to like what you like. My concern is updates. I don't want to go for the priv and have to wait a year to get Android M.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Then buy directly from Shop BlackBerry or Amazon rather than the carriers. Carrier control of phones should be banned. Chen's metaphor of having to register your toaster with the electricity company is perfect to show how ridiculous and backwards that whole system is.

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    10-31-15 07:19 PM
    Which is why I found the constant reports of folks challenging folks using other platforms to impromptu browser battles so scarily hilarious.
    Lol. Guilty here. Bought I lost every time.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-31-15 07:40 PM
    Everybody recognizes the BLACKBERRY keyboard. It definitely looks sharp, coupled with the curved screen that people associate with Sammy...When people see the Priv and realize that BlackBerry is now on Android they will definitely have more of a positive or negative personal reaction than with any other random Android slab phone / manufacturer. It's all 'I love it thank God finally I can use a pkb again' or 'God would BlackBerry just die already'....two things though are guaranteed...it will still cause conversations after the media loses attention, and there will be a critical mass of people that now realize that BlackBerry is very much alive and making some of the most innovative phones in the marketplace, whether or not they actually buy a Priv. Ultimately I agree with you about the need for follow through advertising and marketing because it can leverage well into both of these angles to improve and increase mindshare and marketshare. And I also agree that Chen now needs to shut up and stop speculating about being willing to ditch hardware if it doesn't work out. If you talk your plan b too much in public, people start to assume it's your plan a.

Posted via CB10
    "Hasta la vista, ...!"

"I will be back!"

:-D

 Privs for the Privates... go and sell, General Chen! This is a command! ;-) 
    11-01-15 01:55 AM
    I'm the only person that I know that still uses BlackBerry. I'm 22. So it's hard to find someone young using a blackberry. So all my friends hate mine too.

Posted with my  Classic.
    11-01-15 03:05 AM
    People laugh about BlackBerry in the same way that the laugh about Internet Explorer. They're uninformed and rely on biased media outlets that are also uninformed. The 'me too' bandwagon is embarrassing, but that's how mob mentality works. Microsoft had to rename their browser 'Edge' too escape the stigma.

BlackBerry has had every opportunity to turn things around, but they continually shoot themselves in the foot. Mostly by being too proud or shortsighted. Too bad they didn't go private.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:23 AM
    People laugh about BlackBerry in the same way that the laugh about Internet Explorer. They're uninformed and rely on biased media outlets that are also uninformed. The 'me too' bandwagon is embarrassing, but that's how mob mentality works. Microsoft had to rename their browser 'Edge' too escape the stigma.

BlackBerry has had every opportunity to turn things around, but they continually shoot themselves in the foot. Mostly by being too proud or shortsighted. Too bad they didn't go private.

Posted via CB10
    Poor analogy. Internet Explorer routinely scored terribly on industry-standard benchmark tests. It's been around long enough for its shortcomings to be well-documented. Edge is noticeably faster and more on-par with Chrome and Firefox.

As for the supposed "bandwagon" against BlackBerry, that's maybe what you perceive, but the truth is no one is out to get BlackBerry. What do you expect when BlackBerry itself has no real vision and is literally trying anything and everything to see what sticks? One doesn't even have to look past device names to see that BlackBerry really doesn't know how one product links to the next or how to build a portfolio of products and services.

If you want to put yourself out there (especially with a haughty attitude) in today's market, you better have the weaponry to do so. BlackBerry has continually talked big but failed to produce results when it had the world's attention.
    11-01-15 10:30 AM
    Poor analogy. Internet Explorer routinely scored terribly on industry-standard benchmark tests. It's been around long enough for its shortcomings to be well-documented. Edge is noticeably faster and more on-par with Chrome and Firefox.

As for the supposed "bandwagon" against BlackBerry, that's maybe what you perceive, but the truth is no one is out to get BlackBerry. What do you expect when BlackBerry itself has no real vision and is literally trying anything and everything to see what sticks? One doesn't even have to look past device names to see that BlackBerry really doesn't know how one product links to the next or how to build a portfolio of products and services.

If you want to put yourself out there (especially with a haughty attitude) in today's market, you better have the weaponry to do so. BlackBerry has continually talked big but failed to produce results when it had the world's attention.
    You are definitely right about the IE rep. But, within one week of using Edge on our new Windows 10 desktop, we got malware that is known to exploit it. It is a very simplistic browser with no bells or whistles. I had to reinstall Windows and removed it from the taskbar. We went back to IE and Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:21 AM
63 123