I don't know why, my friends don't seem to like BlackBerry just because I own it. Every time I speak about it, they want to hate it more.

So I wonder, do WE make THEM hate IT?

Q10 \m/
    10-28-15 09:41 PM
    It's probably just you. lol
    10-28-15 09:42 PM
    It's probably just you. lol
    Trust me. I hope that's true.

Q10 \m/
    10-28-15 09:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044963

Watch this video and enjoy

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 09:52 PM
    My friends love my BlackBerry.
    You need new friends.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    10-28-15 11:27 PM
    I don't know why, my friends don't seem to like BlackBerry just because I own it. Every time I speak about it, they want to hate it more.

Q10 \m/
    Just think of Apple fanbois and replace the word Apple with Blackberry. :P

I'm a Blackberry fan, but some of the overzealous fanatics here gets my back up, so i suspect there's a hint of truth in your statement.

Actually, i need to amend that, I'm a Blackberry device fan, Blackberry as a company has been going down a path i cant condone for years now in the way they have treated fans and products.
    RyanGermann, lift, MikeX74 and 3 others like this.
    10-29-15 04:34 AM
    Just think of Apple fanbois and replace the word Apple with Blackberry. :P

I'm a Blackberry fan, but some of the overzealous fanatics here gets my back up, so i suspect there's a hint of truth in your statement.

Actually, i need to amend that, I'm a Blackberry device fan, Blackberry as a company has been going down a path i cant condone for years now in the way they have treated fans and products.
    Lol exactly. We are slaves to our BlackBerry devices just like they are.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:15 AM
    Hate is a strong word...
    Most my friends are kinda impressed with my Z10... it's when I explain how we get apps that their eyes glaze over and they walk away.

The simple fact is BlackBerry hasn't made a consumer device in years (but then I'm not sure what the Z3 was if not consumers), and I don't think the PRIV is really designed with a consumer in mind. So there is no reason to expect consumer to suddenly fall in love with your BlackBerry.

I think a smart move might have been to get as many PRIV's in the wild as possible.... use the Fanbase (big trade end discounts for BB10 devices). I think the looks, keyboard and features are all something that would make the PRIV stand out, and it has all the apps.... Only question is did they screw up on the PRICE, and will they do any "real" marketing.

I think for many seeing a device in action might make the difference....
    10-29-15 07:37 AM
    I think a smart move might have been to get as many PRIV's in the wild as possible.... use the Fanbase (big trade end discounts for BB10 devices). I think the looks, keyboard and features are all something that would make the PRIV stand out, and it has all the apps.... Only question is did they screw up on the PRICE, and will they do any "real" marketing.

I think for many seeing a device in action might make the difference....
    I think one of the real benefits to the Priv, is that most of their marketing will be free marketing. Pretty much every tech site, especially those that emphasize Android, will be doing their own Hands-On videos and reviews. That alone will make the Priv the most widely marketed BB device in over a decade. Assuming of course those reviews are positive. And that's before having to spend any resources making TV ads, sponsoring sporting events, etc..

As for the price. :shrug: I don't see it as being too terribly bad (if at all). Compared to the average price of everybody else's devices over the past year.
    10-29-15 07:43 AM
    I feel like showing my phone to others is often bad advertising at this point:

What's that?

Oh, it's a BlackBerry.

They still make those?

Yes, but it has a new OS. Let me show you Hub, peek, flow, universal search, etc.

Cool. Does it have these apps?

Oh, that's the best part! They aren't available as BlackBerry apps, but I can run Android apps!

Cool, let me see.

OK, first I need to see if Amazon has it. Oh wait, now I have to do a work around because it isn't available.

Ugh. This takes too long.

No, it gets better! Here, look, here's the app. Let me launch it. Look at this awesome blank screen for 10 seconds while it loads!

Does it work?

Sure, let me figure out which specific functions work and don't work. Oh look, it froze! Let me close and try again!

Ugh.

Oh, it's not working completely. But let me show you this awesome program called Ghost Commander. I have to manually force close the app because it didn't close on its own!

Ugh.

It's OK. It's just so it doesn't run in the background and drain my battery by lunch!

Ugh. I'll stick to my Android/iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:59 AM
    What apps were mentioned that BlackBerry didn't have? Were they Games? BlackBerry has the best productivity Apps, Camera apps, organizing apps and radio Apps. Filing pictures and documents is easy. 'Read it Now' app grabs everything off the Web I want to read later. Proximity shows me where I am. I have so many apps. I played 'Boom Beach' for a while but couldn't keep up with the Diamond buyers. Just curious at what Apps they mentioned.

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-29-15 08:24 AM
    I think one of the real benefits to the Priv, is that most of their marketing will be free marketing. Pretty much every tech site, especially those that emphasize Android, will be doing their own Hands-On videos and reviews. That alone will make the Priv the most widely marketed BB device in over a decade. Assuming of course those reviews are positive. And that's before having to spend any resources making TV ads, sponsoring sporting events, etc..

As for the price. :shrug: I don't see it as being too terribly bad (if at all). Compared to the average price of everybody else's devices over the past year.
    Thing is I don't know how the average person buys a phone... do they look at tech sites and reviews to get ideas, or to just confirm their decision? How long will the PRIV be featured on those sties, before they move on the then next flavor of the month?

I think you have to either have a LOT of advertising, or you have to have something to attract attention.... OnePlus it was the Flagship hardware at half the price. I think the keyboard could be that feature for BlackBerry... but people have seen a keyboard before - they think they know what it is. I think seeing one in person and seeing how it is different now (swipe), and how it can be used along with the potential for more productivity (or faster post to Instagram or SNAP).

Send out a couple of free unit to every major existing enterprise customer.

Do a random BB10 or BBM giveaway in the key markets where you think PRIV sales will be important. If it is a great device, one free device could turn into many other purchased device....

Wonder how the mood would change on CrackBerry if there were 1,000 PRIV up for grab?

If they gave away 50,000 PRIVs in all... how much of their $3 Billion would the have to spend, and what might be the potential reward?
    10-29-15 08:25 AM
    There are fanboys for all operating systems. I think what happened to blackberry is the fact that they were not willing to change with the times. And now that they are trying to make all kinds of changes some folks won't give them a chance. You have to like what you like. My concern is updates. I don't want to go for the priv and have to wait a year to get Android M.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-29-15 08:59 AM
    Thing is I don't know how the average person buys a phone... do they look at tech sites and reviews to get ideas, or to just confirm their decision? How long will the PRIV be featured on those sties, before they move on the then next flavor of the month?
    In my experience, the average person asks their friends/peers/contacts who they perceive as "in the know" when considering purchasing a smartphone. Especially first time buyers. I field those questions all the time, even from people I don't even know but a mutual friend or contact had referred them to me. Sure that's anecdotal, but I see it all the time and know many others who've mentioned the same. As for how long will it be the FOTM? :shrug: Depends on how well it's received.

I'm not saying that they don't need to spend resources to market it. Just that the Priv will see much more free marketing than any of their devices over the past several years simply because it is in the interest of not just BB sites, but Android sites as well. And that alone (should the reviews be positive) could likely result in an uptick in quarterly device sales for BBRY compared to any device sales figures post BBOS 6 or 7.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-29-15 09:24 AM

Q10 \m/
    Maybe you sound like an Infomercial when you talk about your phone? Pro BB comments I see in other websites are long list of bullet points showing why BB10 is better which is irritating. I've never shown my phone to my friends nor have a need to, only when asked.
    10-29-15 11:13 AM
    I used to do the same; talk about BlackBerry like it was my obsession or religion to anyone and everyone. A lot of people don't understand why we have such attachments to our devices and for the longest time, I didn't see that. My friends never expressed to me that they "hated" BlackBerry because of me but, then again, no one really cared enough about the industry to have an opinion either way.

Overzealous attitudes towards anything can get annoying. People will eventually find you annoying if you harp on about anything. That's why sometimes these online communities are amazing because we won't seem out of place for discussing the things we're obsessed with.

In my experiences, I've often gotten better responses from people towards BlackBerry if I showed them or expressed to them why it works for me as opposed to telling them that their iOS or Android device is inferior to my BlackBerry or that they were somehow intellectually inferior because of the phone they used. People were generally impressed by BlackBerry 10 and my friends usually associated me with the brand, the company, and its products, which I liked.

In general I've never met another BlackBerry user in real life that was as passionate about the brand as I once was. In the same though, I've never met an Apple fan that loves Apple as much as I loved BlackBerry. And I've never met anyone who was as "in my face" about their smartphone as I used to be.

I think most people will use what they like and not care what other people are using. The reason BlackBerry fans tend to be more vocal about their choice is because they feel that they need to actively bring people to the brand to help the company survive.

One bit of advice: if you've never used any of the other platforms, don't be dismissive of them in your promotion of BlackBerry. As soon as I see someone doing that here, their point immediately loses all credibility.
    TgeekB, nanda_s, ADGrant and 4 others like this.
    10-29-15 11:51 AM
    I used to do the same; talk about BlackBerry like it was my obsession or religion to anyone and everyone. A lot of people don't understand why we have such attachments to our devices and for the longest time, I didn't see that. My friends never expressed to me that they "hated" BlackBerry because of me but, then again, no one really cared enough about the industry to have an opinion either way.

Overzealous attitudes towards anything can get annoying. People will eventually find you annoying if you harp on about anything. That's why sometimes these online communities are amazing because we won't seem out of place for discussing the things we're obsessed with.

In my experiences, I've often gotten better responses from people towards BlackBerry if I showed them or expressed to them why it works for me as opposed to telling them that their iOS or Android device is inferior to my BlackBerry or that they were somehow intellectually inferior because of the phone they used. People were generally impressed by BlackBerry 10 and my friends usually associated me with the brand, the company, and its products, which I liked.

In general I've never met another BlackBerry user in real life that was as passionate about the brand as I once was. In the same though, I've never met an Apple fan that loves Apple as much as I loved BlackBerry. And I've never met anyone who was as "in my face" about their smartphone as I used to be.

I think most people will use what they like and not care what other people are using. The reason BlackBerry fans tend to be more vocal about their choice is because they feel that they need to actively bring people to the brand to help the company survive.

One bit of advice: if you've never used any of the other platforms, don't be dismissive of them in your promotion of BlackBerry. As soon as I see someone doing that here, their point immediately loses all credibility.
    Thumbs-up to your post.

Q10 \m/
    10-29-15 12:46 PM
    My friends love my BlackBerry.
    You need new friends.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    There is only a handful of good platform and if you found one stick with it. There are billions of people. Drop your friends like a rock and find better ones.
    10-29-15 12:55 PM
    There is only a handful of good platform and if you found one stick with it. There are billions of people. Drop your friends like a rock and find better ones.
    Are you saying he should drop his friends because they don't like BlackBerry? That's probably the worst advice I've ever seen given on CrackBerry. That's a new low as far as brand attachment and loyalty goes.
    darkehawke likes this.
    10-29-15 01:01 PM
    I was being sarcastic, but it does sum up conversations I have had in the past. I work at a major medical center. The MDs all rely on apps licensed through the medical center for patient information and charting that they cannot access with BlackBerry. And, many can transition back and forth between phones and tablets (usually iPhones and iPads). If you look up various medical specialties, such as emergency medicine, the top apps used in these fields are not available for BlackBerry. I am a researcher and could benefit from a number of research and publishing apps.

So it's not just about games and social media. It's about productivity apps. And there are numerous posts on CB of engineers, lawyers, etc. that don't have access to apps that everyone else uses to make their jobs easier.

Reply to Jaglenn #11
    10-29-15 01:13 PM

Totally agree. I saw my friend's Z10 a month ago and noticed the really nice back cover. I asked him if I can hold it and the Z10 felt great in my hand and the screen is nice and bright. He's had his Z10 for 2 years and he's looking to upgrade and I asked him why as his phone is in great shape, looks new in fact.

Now had my friend offered his Z10 for me to see, my reaction would be totally different, probably dismissive, negative or turned off or all three.

FYI, he's also asked to see my Note 4 and he likes it as well. No mention of what his Z10 can do better even though he's a die-hard BB user. And same for me, I treat his choice with respect.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    10-29-15 01:23 PM

I was also like this. I tried showing my brother-in-law my Q10 and specific features, and everyone just stopped, laughed at me, and asked if I worked for BlackBerry. Then he went on to tell me they will never switch because the entire family's media is synced/available via iPhones, iPads, Macs, Apple TV, etc. And they can contrl their kids' content easily. I can't argue with that.

I learned my lesson. Nobody cares when I talk to them. Their iPhones or Androids work just fine for them. People aren't switching for minor features that save a second or extra tap.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:51 PM
    Totally agree. I saw my friend's Z10 a month ago and noticed the really nice back cover. I asked him if I can hold it and the Z10 felt great in my hand and the screen is nice and bright. He's had his Z10 for 2 years and he's looking to upgrade and I asked him why as his phone is in great shape, looks new in fact.

Now had my friend offered his Z10 for me to see, my reaction would be totally different, probably dismissive, negative or turned off or all three.

FYI, he's also asked to see my Note 4 and he likes it as well. No mention of what his Z10 can do better even though he's a die-hard BB user. And same for me, I treat his choice with respect.
    The tone is entirely different if other people inquire first and are curious. Otherwise you'd just sound like a salesperson and it becomes strange considering you're not even an employee of the company.

My reaction when people used to show me their iPhones were similar to your probably reaction had your friend offered to show you his Z10. Unless I was actually curious, I didn't care.

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly. I respect the choice other people have made and all I ask in return is that same respect.
    10-29-15 02:01 PM
    I was also like this. I tried showing my brother-in-law my Q10 and specific features, and everyone just stopped, laughed at me, and asked if I worked for BlackBerry. Then he went on to tell me they will never switch because the entire family's media is synced/available via iPhones, iPads, Macs, Apple TV, etc. And they can contrl their kids' content easily. I can't argue with that.

I learned my lesson. Nobody cares when I talk to them. Their iPhones or Androids work just fine for them. People aren't switching for minor features that save a second or extra tap.

Posted via CB10
    I wholeheartedly agree. Back when I used nothing but BlackBerry devices, I truly believed that the only reason people chose iPhones was because it was all they knew and it was what their friends and family knew. Now that I have one, I can see why it's so popular. Perhaps the initial reason for picking something up in the first place can be attributed to a bit of peer pressure, but people won't continue to stick with something that doesn't work for them. I imagine most people would willingly switch platforms if they were unsatisfied.

I learned my lesson too. I love my iPhone, but if you use an Android phone, a BlackBerry, or a Windows Phone, I respect your choice and believe you have every reason to use what you use and I'm no one to tell you otherwise.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    10-29-15 02:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's amazing that some people don't get this though.
    10-29-15 02:20 PM
63 123